Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Shoe Store Appointments?

kenz

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 1:39 pm
Are there any shoe stores giving private appointments in Brooklyn? I tried to order online, 4 pairs later I'm still unsure whether they fit correctly. I need someone who can fit. I prefer Boro Park but I'll go anywhere in Brooklyn at this point.
ETA for toddlers - specifically, I need little boy shoes.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 2:00 pm
I think most stores are doing private undercover appointments. Try calling on 13 black velvet or shoelaces

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 2:03 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I think most stores are doing private undercover appointments. Try calling on 13 black velvet or shoelaces

What do you mean "undercover" appointments? You're making it sound like they're doing something illegal. I've had private appointments at stores, was a pleasure being the only one there. It's perfectly legal to do private appointments.
I think 14th Avenue shoes is doing appointments.

kenz

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 2:14 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:

Thanks!

kenz

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 2:14 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
What do you mean "undercover" appointments? You're making it sound like they're doing something illegal. I've had private appointments at stores, was a pleasure being the only one there. It's perfectly legal to do private appointments.
I think 14th Avenue shoes is doing appointments.

Thank you.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 2:16 pm
It’s not legal but it should be!
Great to have private appts

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 2:18 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
It’s not legal but it should be!
Great to have private appts

Sure it's legal, why not? There are 3-4 people in the store and everyone wears a mask. If it would've been illegal, cop's would've closed the stores down by now.

bsy

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 2:27 pm
Schwartz's is doing something

giselle

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 2:37 pm
Sure it's legal, why not? There are 3-4 people in the store and everyone wears a mask. If it would've been illegal, cop's would've closed the stores down by now.

Perhaps should be legal, but I’m pretty sure it’s not unfortunately...

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 2:44 pm
giselle wrote:
Perhaps should be legal, but I’m pretty sure it’s not unfortunately...

If it wouldn't be legal it would've been stopped a long time ago, especially in Brooklyn.
It is legal to be by yourself in your store. It is legal for 4 people wearing masks to be in a store. Stores all over NY are doing this.

giselle

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 2:51 pm
If it wouldn't be legal it would've been stopped a long time ago, especially in Brooklyn.
It is legal to be by yourself in your store. It is legal for 4 people wearing masks to be in a store. Stores all over NY are doing this.

You could be right. I’m in NJ. It’s not legal here. I was under the impression it was the same in NY. (Not saying stores here aren’t doing it, but not legally.) In fact, until very recently, a lot of these stores weren’t even allowed to offer curbside pickup.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 3:39 pm
I went to oomph. Was the only one in the store! I wish stores always had this option! I do think they raised their prices though. I paid 85 for falcotto which I've usually paid 70 for. Was too desperate to question them.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 3:44 pm
giselle wrote:
You could be right. I’m in NJ. It’s not legal here. I was under the impression it was the same in NY. (Not saying stores here aren’t doing it, but not legally.) In fact, until very recently, a lot of these stores weren’t even allowed to offer curbside pickup.

Stores in NJ are also allowing ppl in stores with appt. they are publicly advertising it. I assumed it was legal.

giselle

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 5:15 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Stores in NJ are also allowing ppl in stores with appt. they are publicly advertising it. I assumed it was legal.

I’d love to know which stores because the ones I reached out to said no. They just released new guidelines which said non essential stores can offer curbside pickup starting Monday. Which some were doing anyway, but doesn’t mean it was legal. I know I was looking for an item and a few of the stores I called said they are only allowed to do delivery but one allowed curbside pickup. I was honestly torn whether to take advantage of it or not.

flowergirl10

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 5:29 pm
I know shwartzs and oomph are doing private appointments

veiznisht

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 5:54 pm
I had appointment in Oomph this week.

kenz

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 6:46 pm
I did get an appointment right away for one of the stores suggested - I hesitate to say which because I highly doubt this is legal. The whole thing was rather clandestine. I definitely agree that it's a pleasure to get appointments like this and not have to wait for hours on end. That said, the prices have definitely been raised, which is understandable considering how much $ they are not making.
Either way, thanks for the info., it was very much needed and very helpful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics