Home

What is your best life hack??
  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 7:50 pm
share with the rest of us some of your ingenious life hacks that make your life better, and can help improve ours

eg:
**make scambled eggs in a foil pan to avoid washing dishes (it is slightly more rubbery... but my kids dont mind)
**sleep in your clothes LOL makes the morning routine so much smoother
Back to top

andrea levy




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 8:04 pm
Not eating sugar, grains, starch, and processed good. Life changer in every way. Never cheating is the secret.
Back to top

aimhabanim




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 8:22 pm
Make scrambled eggs in the microwave
Back to top

justforfun87




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 8:24 pm
Simple one. I don't braid challah. I just roll three balls and put them next to eachother in the oval aluminum pan..and boom they rise perfectly into a challah.
Back to top

tweety1




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 8:26 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Not eating sugar, grains, starch, and processed good. Life changer in every way. Never cheating is the secret.

It's true. Lately I've been drinking a coffee before breakfast and I keep on thinking if the coffee really keeps me going for 10 hrs straight?? I think it's cuz I'm eating low carb too and even the carbs I do eat is only spelt. I'm not very strict abt the sugar at all that's too hard.
Back to top

SuperWify




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 8:26 pm
Speaking of challah... I let the dough rise in the mixer. No need to dirty another bowl.
Back to top

amother




Babypink
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 8:33 pm
When making wacky mac or spaghetti boil the noodles in a metal pot.

At the same time prepare a deep 9x13 aluminum pan with the sauce ingredients.

Drain the noodles, pour into saucy aluminum pan, and mix on the cooktop burner over low heat stirring constantly until blended and remove from heat.

The metal pots the noodles are boiled in clean so much easier without pouring noodles back in and mixing in sauce. It is the sauce that makes the noodle starch into a sticky mess that won't come off metal without serious scrubbing.

Aluminum pans can be thrown away.
Back to top

raich




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 8:34 pm
Making chicken soup in a 16 quart pot! Then we have soup in the freezer for weeks and weeks, and I don't have to endure the smell of chicken soup cooking every week, which for some reason I find yucky.
Back to top

amother




Sapphire
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 9:58 pm
Bottle brush to clean travel mugs
Back to top

EsG




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 10:07 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Speaking of challah... I let the dough rise in the mixer. No need to dirty another bowl.


I let it rise is a non-scented garbage bag. No overflow!
Back to top

giselle




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 10:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
share with the rest of us some of your ingenious life hacks that make your life better, and can help improve ours

eg:
**make scambled eggs in a foil pan to avoid washing dishes (it is slightly more rubbery... but my kids dont mind)
**sleep in your cloths LOL makes the morning routine so much smoother

I always wondered about the second one. Don’t your clothes get creased? Unless you’re joking.. but I’ve heard people mention it!
Back to top

silverlining3




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 10:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
share with the rest of us some of your ingenious life hacks that make your life better, and can help improve ours

eg:
**make scambled eggs in a foil pan to avoid washing dishes (it is slightly more rubbery... but my kids dont mind)
**sleep in your cloths LOL makes the morning routine so much smoother

Hey you caught me with this one. As I logged in to start such a thread, this popped up ha
So here we go
**Boil up water with sour salt in percolator to get all those grease off
**Use a hair blow-dryer, on hot, to get off dripped wax on candlesticks, tray, or wtvr. Make sure to wipe right away with a paper towel before it hardens again.
**PalmOlive dish soap for oil stains on clothing. Magic
Back to top

amother




Goldenrod
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 10:20 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
Hey you caught me with this one. As I logged in to start such a thread, this popped up ha
So here we go
**Boil up water with sour salt in percolator to get all those grease off
**Use a hair blow-dryer, on hot, to get off dripped wax on candlesticks, tray, or wtvr. Make sure to wipe right away with a paper towel before it hardens again.
**PalmOlive dish soap for oil stains on clothing. Magic

Corn or potato starch works amazing too. Just dot onto the stain, wait a couple of minutes, and brush it off. Nothing.
Back to top

doodlesmom




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 10:27 pm
Boil pasta in a foil pan and poke hole with a fork in the pan once done to drain the noodles instantly.

Make kneidels in your chicken soup while warming it up. Tasty and time saving.

My Friday night meat I spice wrap well in silver foil and throw IN my crockpot on top of the chulent. IT slow cooks in its own juices. Delicious and simple.
Back to top

amother




Silver
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 10:31 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Speaking of challah... I let the dough rise in the mixer. No need to dirty another bowl.


That's a hack? I always do that. Cant imagine why anyone would put it over.
Back to top

giselle




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 10:32 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
That's a hack? I always do that. Cant imagine why anyone would put it over.

My bowl is too small...
Back to top

doodlesmom




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 10:33 pm
raich wrote:
Making chicken soup in a 16 quart pot! Then we have soup in the freezer for weeks and weeks, and I don't have to endure the smell of chicken soup cooking every week, which for some reason I find yucky.


Lol my life hack is to make chicken soup every week. There is nothing like fresh soup and veg. The kids can eat the leftovers Sunday and if I have a baby the boiled chicken and veg gives me meals for half the week.
The time spent transferring the soup to containers etc. isn’t worth it to me.
Back to top

amother




Jade
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 10:41 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Lol my life hack is to make chicken soup every week. There is nothing like fresh soup and veg. The kids can eat the leftovers Sunday and if I have a baby the boiled chicken and veg gives me meals for half the week.
The time spent transferring the soup to containers etc. isn’t worth it to me.

I also think there’s nothing like fresh soup and make it every week, but now I’m pregnant and husband has been cooking and he can’t for the life of him figure out why I wouldn’t make one batch and freeze. So that’s what he’s doing. No complaints, I don’t have to cook! Not like I can look at soup now anyway.
Back to top

amother




Teal
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 10:43 pm
Close the zipper/ buttons when washing quilt covers...so that everything else in the wash doesn’t get stuck inside and not dry in the dryer!
Back to top

silverlining3




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, May 13 2020, 10:43 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
That's a hack? I always do that. Cant imagine why anyone would put it over.

Haha was thinking the same! Always done it. I cover with garbage bag plus towel. It rises beautiful and yummy fluff! Ah
Back to top
  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 11 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions

Related Topics Replies Last Post
I tasted the stay at home mom life
by amother
18 Mon, Jul 06 2020, 11:44 pm View last post
ISO A Great Life Coach
by amother
6 Sun, Jul 05 2020, 10:40 pm View last post
Black Lives Matter article in Baltimore Jewish Life
by amother
118 Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:49 pm View last post
Budget for first two years of child’s life?
by amother
3 Fri, Jul 03 2020, 12:13 am View last post
Life coaching
by amother
2 Tue, Jun 30 2020, 6:36 pm View last post

Jump to: