Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What is your best life hack??
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9 10  11  12  Next

silverlining3

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:11 pm
my mama wrote:
Or Clorox wipes. I know it's a commodity now, but the bleach in the wipes are great for getting the sneakers sparkly white.

Bleach doesn't step foot in my house. Thanks anyway

4g01o

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:49 pm
ila wrote:
Recipe for the oat bars please?

2 and quarter cup oats
2 and quarter cup flour
1 cup and 2tbsp brown sugar
1 cup choc chips
1 cup oil
3 eggs, beaten
Tsp vanilla extract

Mix together in a bowl. Pat down onto a tray.
Bake for about 15/20 mins. Cut into squares/bars when still warm but not straight out of oven..

amother
Navy

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:53 pm
Fab4 wrote:
2 and quarter cup oats
2 and quarter cup flour
1 cup and 2tbsp brown sugar
1 cup choc chips
1 cup oil
3 eggs, beaten
Tsp vanilla extract

Mix together in a bowl. Pat down onto a tray.
Bake for about 15/20 mins. Cut into squares/bars when still warm but not straight out of oven..

Does it have to be rolled oats or can it be oats I make porridge with?

4g01o

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 11:09 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Does it have to be rolled oats or can it be oats I make porridge with?

Any..I use porridge oats Very Happy

silverlining3

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 7:52 am
When your guest goes away, strip linen-sometimes they offer to take off (take that offer), wash, and put right back on. So when your next guest invites themselves, no linen doing, 1 less pressure!

Moonlight

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:49 am
silverlining3 wrote:
When your guest goes away, strip linen-sometimes they offer to take off (take that offer), wash, and put right back on. So when your next guest invites themselves, no linen doing, 1 less pressure!

I was wondering about this now... obviously no guests for a long time. Should I leave the guest beds with clean linen on or with nothing on?

silverlining3

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:52 am
Moonlight wrote:
I was wondering about this now... obviously no guests for a long time. Should I leave the guest beds with clean linen on or with nothing on?

I do have the same person coming every other week so that's what I do now too. But if u don't, I would say to put on and cover with a bedspread or big blanket. Or until guest start coming again, maybe do leave it empty

realsilver

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:56 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I find them very expensive... I save them for big jobs

I buy a pack of 50 on aliexpress for 2 dollars. It's almost cheaper than paper towel! I use it for everything. They're not as strong as the mr clean ones but I find that as an advantage because the real ones cud take off paint...
Best hack ever- it cleans my kitchen in a flash!!

keeplearning

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 5:04 pm
As the kids play with playdough, knead the dried out ones with water to return it to a soft consistency.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 5:41 pm
realsilver wrote:
I buy a pack of 50 on aliexpress for 2 dollars. It's almost cheaper than paper towel! I use it for everything. They're not as strong as the mr clean ones but I find that as an advantage because the real ones cud take off paint...

Can you post a link please?

Last edited by amother on Thu, Aug 20 2020, 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 5:42 pm
realsilver wrote:

Can you post a link?

Moonlight

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:00 pm
Bump cuz I love this thread but cant think.of anything good to add

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:22 pm
bsy wrote:
Make pizza dough in a ziplock. No cleanup and hands stay clean.

intetesting! how? can you please post a recipe that would work well with that?

chicco

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 4:45 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Can you post a link?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/.....D_BwE

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 5:11 pm
Ooh! I'm so glad I came on this week! This is such a terrific thread!! I will share with you my all time favorite "hack" and then run back to my super crazy-as-of-late life and hope to rejoined this friendly, yummy Ima-verse soon!

So, you know how you have neighbors who, well, let's just say, need a lesson or two on manners, appropriate behavior, pet manners etc.. But you're not in the mood of being elected the Mayor of the block, so you could knock on their door and say, "Can you please not let your dogs bark in the yard after 12 AM, superplease? Oh, and here's a ganache I melted over some dog biscuits, just to show you I mean well and bribe you into not throwing poop on our lawn?"

Here's how you get the message to them.
You know your wifi password? You know the name the public sees? Like, optonline9732 or whatever? Change it!

Change it to your message.

So, you're wifi name should be either:

Pleaseshutyourbathroomcurtainsweseeyou!
Or
Stoptakinguptwoparkingspotseveryday!

Or even..

Weallhearyouyellingat her!

And every time your neighbors sign on, they will see that message, as they try to connect to their wifi, and not know who it's coming from. But! They WILL get the message!!

(Right, family stopthrowingyourgarbageoutthewindow? I know you got the message cuz so far, I haven't been hit with anything for 4 months now. Although I imagine you're rethinking things now.. I'll walk faster.. Message received!)

You're more than welcome! 😉

Last edited by Jewishfoodie on Sun, May 31 2020, 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

cbg

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 5:11 pm
On Thursday night I dice salad veggies
I use deli containers
I fold a piece of paper towel on the bottom and then dice cucumbers, tomatoes, pepper,!onions. Each veg in a seperate container

When I’m ready for salad I just dump a little from each container and mix

The paper towel soaks the moisture and keeps veggies fresh longer

Veggies are also ready when I need for sautéeing or making omelets.

I have enough veggies to last me up till Tuesday.

I buy Shop paper towels, they are blue and thick
I use this to clean with since you can rinse them out and reuse over and over
At the end of the day I throw it out
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sco.....=true

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 5:25 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Ooh! I'm so glad I came on this week! This is such a terrific thread!! I will share with you my all time favorite "hack" and then run back to my super crazy-as-of-late life and hope to rejoined this friendly, yummy Ima-verse soon!

So, you know how you have neighbors who, well, let's just say, need a lesson or two on manners, appropriate behavior, pet manners etc.. But you're not in the mood of being elected the Mayor of the block, so you could knock on their door and say, "Can you please not let your dogs bark in the yard after 12 AM, superplease? Oh, and here's a ganache I melted over some dog biscuits, just to show you I mean well and bribe you into not throwing poop on our lawn?"

Here's how you get the message to them.
You know your wifi password? You know the name the public sees? Like, optonline9732 or whatever? Change it!

Change it to your message.

So, you're wifi name should be either:

Pleaseshutyourbathroomcurtainsweseeyou!
Or
Stoptakinguptwoparkingspotseveryday!

Or even..

Weallhearyouyellingat her!

And every time your neighbors sign on, they will see that message, as they try to connect to their wifi, and not know who it's coming from. But! They WILL get the message!!

(Right, family stopthrowingyourgarbageoutthewindow? I know you got the message cuz so far, I haven't been hit with anything for 4 months now. Although I imagine you're rethinking things now.. I'll walk faster.. Message received!)

You're more than welcome! 😉

Brilliant!!

And all I had to add to this thread was Isweep my floor and use the DustBuster to get the pile instead of fighting with the dustpan which keeps leaving a little line of dust.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 7:33 pm
Overnight meals: I prepare meat and potatoes, barley, beans, veggies.. Etc... in aluminum foil pan the night b4. I use cheap cuts of beef.. Etc like a stew. At abt 10 pm I fill it with sauce and/or water, cover it, and bake it on 220 Fahrenheit all night. The next morning I have a yummy supper that I refrigerate, and take out when I get home from work. It works with all types of meat and bones. Chicken will dry with so much time.

bsy

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 7:38 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
intetesting! how? can you please post a recipe that would work well with that?

I've made the one from the BY cookbook 2
or this one (yields a little more):

Put in ziplock bag:
1 1/3 cups warm water
1 packet dry yeast (or 2 1/4 tsp)
a pinch of sugar

Add 3 cups flour
a tsp salt
a bit of oil

Zip bag and knead until mixed. Put in warm place to rise for an hour.
I wear a disposable glove to spread the dough. This recipe gives me 2 9x13 pans and one or 2 round pans. I often freeze dough in pans, defrost when needed, and top with sauce and cheese and bake fresh

amother
Coral

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 7:48 pm
You may need to be organizationally challenged to enjoy this one.
I hung a small cheap plastic key hook above my dumping grounds counter about 5 months ago.
Life changer.
I know where my keys are!!
Now my perfectly organized husband is the one looking for his keys.
Ha!
Page 9 of 12   Previous  1  2  3 8  9 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics