Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Boys + bathrooms = NUCLEAR WARZONE... read at your own risk
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:19 pm
This is major TMI. Only the brave of heart should read forward.

Where is a woman supposed to put herself when every bathroom in the house is COVERED IN PEE???
I seriously cannot. My bathrooms smell like public restrooms. NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I CLEAN!! Guys, can you PLEEEEASE just aim...? Like is it really so very hard???? But no, cuz they have to be thinking about all the million things they gotta go run and do the second they're outta there (of course, no need to wash hands, either, right? Cuz, like, why would we do such a dumb and pointless thing like that..??) So I swipe here and there with a baby wipe halfheartedly because I know that THIS IS NOT ENDING ANYTIME SOON and resign myself to this aromatic and yucky existence. And I always inspect the seat before I myself use the toilet. That was a lesson I learned the wrong way a few too many times.

I know that I can focus on the fact that healthy bodies need to relieve themselves, and that I have a house full of wonderful progeny who are creating such messes. AND I DO!! Thank You Hashem for all of this! For real.

But the bathrooms....... TMI TMI TMI TMI

Please someone join my support group?

lylac

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:22 pm
Yes, of course all mothers of boys know this, it'll end once they're dorming in yeshiva! But with everyone home now, I feel your pain!
Its unbelievable!!!

LittleDucky

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:25 pm
I'm with you! Force them all to specific bathrooms and designate one for mom/guests. Seriously. I did that today...don't know if it will work but one bathroom is kid free. Unless it is a true emergency no one is to use that one. Except me... 😀

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:28 pm
I put them on duty for cleanup on a rotation.

Whenever I use the bathroom and it is dirty, the next kid gets the "privilege" of wiping down the toilet and the floor with a disinfecting wipe.

They sulk and complain " I didn't do it" but they clean up in the end.

It has become a little better since I
implemented this.

I have only boys btw.

acemom

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:29 pm
When does the madness end? My husband is actually extremely clean and aware.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:30 pm
It's insane, I've got three boys and one bathroom.

I wanna put cameras so I can catch which one is the naught one Punch

amother
Linen

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:31 pm
OP are you me? Four boys plus husband equals exactly what you describe. I can’t designate a bathroom for just me (and my one daughter) and even worse, the downstairs bathroom doesn’t have good ventilation. Should’ve put in a urinal when I redid my bathroom upstairs!
Always remember, look (or as I do, wipe) before you sit.

joyful100

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:33 pm
I have only boys and I get your frustration... I sometimes wonder why there is a toilet tub there... They aim everywhere but n the toilet!!!! oh welllllll

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:36 pm
Please, don't accept it as your lot in life! Expect better from them! I have several boys and they take turns cleaning the bathroom 1-2x per week, which automatically makes them more aware. I absolutely expect them to wash hands thoroughly with soap. Chanting "Close the lid, flush the toilet, wash your hands" (and making sure they actually did it) during those potty training years really paid off. Do accidents still happen? Sure. But I've impressed upon them how inconsiderate it is to leave it for the next person to find and to just clean it up- no big deal! I can use their bathroom with few qualms. Once thing I would say is that if your bathroom is smelling like a urinal despite being cleaned, you may want to unscrew the hinges of your toilet seat and take it apart to bleach and clean. It could be that there is years-old, dried urine in these impossible to reach cracks which would cause a stink.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:37 pm
My mom is the only female at home. The master bathroom is only for her, not even for my dad. The other bathrooms are for the boys and she only goes in to clean it. She tells the boys to clean up with wipes after themselves, some boys do some boys don't.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:48 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
My mom is the only female at home. The master bathroom is only for her, not even for my dad. The other bathrooms are for the boys and she only goes in to clean it. She tells the boys to clean up with wipes after themselves, some boys do some boys don't.

Thisnisy dream!

Mom of all boys here. They're still little so I'll tell you what boys do. (Because mine do it with the door open)

They wait until the very last minute! THEN from the relief of peeing their bodies shiver and the hose goes everywhere. I hear that pee go everywhere. Like the wall. The floor. All over. Some are big enough to clean and others are too little.

But aiming is not the issue. The issue is they wait until the last minute.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:55 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
I'm with you! Force them all to specific bathrooms and designate one for mom/guests. Seriously. I did that today...don't know if it will work but one bathroom is kid free. Unless it is a true emergency no one is to use that one. Except me... 😀

I did this a few months ago!

We have three bathrooms and the boys are allowed to use ONE of them. They need permission for the downstairs one (so small and poorly ventilated, it's just not worth it) , and under extenuating circumstances may use the master.

Now they're all home, I'm trying to figure out how to train them to clean their own bathroom... not sure they're motivated Confused

Emotional

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:58 pm
Why don't they build home bathrooms with flushing urinals, like they have in a public men's room???

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:08 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
It's insane, I've got three boys and one bathroom.

I wanna put cameras so I can catch which one is the naught one Punch

I'm a Mom of only boys as well. Gosh can't tell you how many times I've said this to my husband! Because it's never anyone's fault.

B"h doesn't happen as much anymore as my kids are bigger already. Also, some of my kids needed the procedure to enlarge their hole and things improved dramatically afterwards.

raich

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:11 pm
Haha! So I'm OP. I went amother cuz I was a bit embarrassed but now I see that I'm in good company. THANK YOU FOR JOINING MY SUPPORT GROUP!!

I feel like these days there's so much instructing and so many other things I am telling them to do/not to do (no, you may not push your brother out the window, no, not even if you are THAT mad; yes, you need to brush your teeth, and no, not for three seconds; it's Rebbi time! get on the phone!; it's Rebbi time again, get on the phone again!; etc.) that I am not sure if I should be implementing ANOTHER thing that I need to be on top of them about. I'm thinking I should wait until life becomes a little more regular. And I'm also not sure that they would actually clean up after themselves, or even keep to their "job rotation." I'm envisioning walking into a disgusting bathroom, questioning the kid whose job it was "why didn't you clean it?" and the kid looks at me blankly, "but I did, ma, don't you see? it's clean." Like they wouldn't even see the mess if it jumps in front of their face and dances the kazatzka. Banging head

But a urinal! I am dreaming of a home makeover with urinals galore.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 12:01 am
I made the ones who peed the walls scrub until the odor is gone if they were past the toddler age, taught them hit the cheerio game. Btdt.

yidisheh mama

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 12:14 am
I taught my son as part of toilet training that when he's done, he takes a tissue and wipes the seat all around in a circle. At first it was pointless, bec he went sitting, but I'm sure glad it's part of his bathroom routine now, a year later. He sometimes leaves it wet, but it's definitely not an everyday thing, bh.

soap suds

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 12:27 am
Emotional wrote:
Why don't they build home bathrooms with flushing urinals, like they have in a public men's room???
Ive been asking that question for years!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 2:49 am
As a mother of 6 Boys ka"h I am relieved to hear that so many of you have the same experience.
We have 2 bathrooms and 1 is for mommy only and whichever child is being toilet trained, b/c I dont set foot in to the other one.
My kids need to ask my permission to use my toilet in case of emergency. Sounds cruel, but its the only way....

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 4:27 am
Why aren't guys trained to pee sitting down? That makes the most sense to me. Standing up seems to be a more ineffective and unsanitary way to eliminate. If we can do it sitting, then they should do it too.

When your boys pee, are they allowed to hold themselves and aim, or is it just "Free Willy"? I know that some people tell their boys to never, ever use their hands on their privates. If they could hold themselves steady, it would help control the "shiver" reflex.

I remember once hearing about some great sage (I can't remember who) who said "I have never touched my eiver in my entire life, not even to urinate." and that was considered to be extremely praiseworthy. All I could think of, was "I hope he had excellent aim!"

(My ex never aimed, and never washed his hands. It was so gross! My cleaning lady actually refused to clean his bathroom, even when I offered her three times her regular rate. Of course he thought his bathroom was fine, and wouldn't lift a finger to help.)
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry