Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
So where are all the strollers?
1  2  Next

lamplighter

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:30 pm
When I had my daughter 10 yrs ago, the strollers popular in Brooklyn were valco, bugaboo, uppababy and phil and teds and city mini for the budget conscious or traveler.

BH looking into strollers now and its all Doona, and still bugaboo, uppababy and city minis.

Are there no new options? In trying to do research but it all seems the same except upgraded models.

What are the great strollers out there and why would you recommend them?

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 9:36 pm
The Cybex is popular now as well

lamplighter

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:16 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
The Cybex is popular now as well

what do you like about it? how does it compare to the other brands?

OBnursemom

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:27 pm
Nuna, Cybex, Bugaboo (several new models), Silver Cross, Uppababy. I’ve always hated the Doona.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:29 pm
I know of people who recently got a silver cross. I also heard of joolz

happyone

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:51 pm
I'd go for cybex. it lays down flat. great wheels, is durable and has great appearance. I love the rose gold frame.

The Joovy is another great option. I absolutely hate the Bugaboo. Do your research well - you gotta figure out which features are imp to you.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 5:03 am
There's still plenty of strollers. If you say your requirements, and what you're looking for in a stroller, we can tell you specifics.

Rappel

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 5:20 am
Beshaa Tova!

I'm a city mini believer. It's a great system, and the strollers last.

trixx

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 5:57 am
the Donna is not a stroller so pls take it off your list. It's a car seat. On wheels. To be used nowhere but in and out of the car.

MiriFr

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 7:02 am
I got the cybex 3.5 years ago.
Best stroller on the planet. 11/10 would recommend

lamplighter

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 7:41 am
Im a simple girl. I want a great push (big wheels, suspension etc), big basket and parent facing.

How does cybex compare to the vista? Now I heard the cruz was remodeled to have bigger back wheels and suspension, that sounds cool.

MiriFr

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 8:13 am
lamplighter wrote:
Im a simple girl. I want a great push (big wheels, suspension etc), big basket and parent facing.

How does cybex compare to the vista? Now I heard the cruz was remodeled to have bigger back wheels and suspension, that sounds cool.

The cybex is lighter and narrower. Has a better push, folds up easier and smaller. It's also more aesthetically pleasing, if you care about that. And it's more expensive, also something to take into account. The vista has a double option, which is nice.

misteray

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:46 am
Another option is bumbleride era. Good wheels and suspension, parent face, good basket. I don't have it myself, but thinking about it...

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:59 am
I recommend my britax Affinity 2. It's a gorgeous shape and design, and I love the fabric colors. It folds easily and fairly small, big air wheels and it pushes really well. I've had quite a few strollers and this is my favorite.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:35 pm
I had the uppababy vista 2015 model for over 3 years and absolutely loved it. When I first did my research 4 years ago someone wanted to buy me a bugaboo chameleon wich I hate, and really wanted the uppababy vista however this person said they will pay the bugaboo in full or give me 300 towards the vista as they felt it was a dumb purchase. In the end I went with the vista even though we had to pay for some of it and never once regretted my decision which in the moment was a hard one to make.
Several weeks ago my stroller was in a car accident so insurance payed for a new one. I once again debated between bugaboo and uppababy... this time for different reasons. Last time I wanted a single stroller and kind of liked the idea of being able to double it but it wasn't a necessity. My Vista is currently being used as a double plus the piggyback board as I have 2 babies 13 months and 2 month both of whom don't walk so this time I looked into the bugaboo donkey.
In the end I went with the 2020 version of Vista instead of bugaboo and so far I'm loving the upgrades.

The main thing is to realize that each stroller, each company is drastically different. It doesn't matter how many years the companies have been around for what matters is that you get a stroller that comes with as many features as are important for u.

I needed an easily adjustable handle bar as I'm short and my husband is tall.
I needed a big basket.
Feet to recline.
Good Sun protection
5 point harness and good belly bar
Easy to recline seat up and down.
Fold to stand.

These were things I looked for and yours will probably differ. Figure out what's important to you and you'll see how simple it will be to land on the perfect stroller just for u.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:38 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I recommend my britax Affinity 2. It's a gorgeous shape and design, and I love the fabric colors. It folds easily and fairly small, big air wheels and it pushes really well. I've had quite a few strollers and this is my favorite.

Air wheels? Do they need to be pumped with air occasionally?

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:39 pm
MiriFr wrote:
The cybex is lighter and narrower. Has a better push, folds up easier and smaller. It's also more aesthetically pleasing, if you care about that. And it's more expensive, also something to take into account. The vista has a double option, which is nice.

Is it worth to get it secondhand?
Have you ever attached a car seat to it?

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:43 pm
MiriFr wrote:
I got the cybex 3.5 years ago.
Best stroller on the planet. 11/10 would recommend

I really like the look of the Cybex. I see there is more than 1 kind. Did you get the Priam?

yiddishmom

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 12:19 am
I have the Joolz Day 3.

Great easy one-handed push.
Can be parent facing.
Nice size basket.

lovetobemommy

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 1:03 am
Another vote for the Vista! Supper easy to push, huge basket, feet can recline, baby can face either way, my baby looks very comfortable in it, I love it!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics