Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are you afraid of getting it?
1  2  3  Next

Are you afraid of getting coronavirus?
Yes  
 56%  [ 44 ]
No  
 43%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 78

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:23 pm
I feel like I live in fear. I asked my pediatrician if we should all anticipate getting corona and she said, very sweetly, "Well, yes." Basically, everyone IS indeed going to get it.

Are you afraid of getting it?

I am.

My husband isn't, but he does think everyone will get it.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:34 pm
I'm 24 and in good health b"H. I am scared of passing it to someone else more than I am scared to actually get it. I've dealt with fever and bad colds before. But I would not be able to live with myself knowing that I could have potentially killed someone.

giselle

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:37 pm
Well no, because I’m pretty sure I had it. You need a third poll option..

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:37 pm
No. I’m not afraid. I wish people would stop being so dramatic.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:38 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
I'm 24 and in good health b"H. I am scared of passing it to someone else more than I am scared to actually get it. I've dealt with fever and bad colds before. But I would not be able to live with myself knowing that I could have potentially killed someone.

Do you know that every time you get a cold you can potentially kill someone?

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 10:51 pm
Literally not at all. Not afraid for my kids to get it either.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:01 pm
I had it already so no. But I agree with them pediatrician: everyone is going to get this it’s just a matter of when

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:04 pm
I’m more afraid of my mental illness and how this is all affecting me than getting sick with the virus itself.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:05 pm
Not afraid. I had it already. I would definitely not want to get it again though. It was a difficult and LONG virus

Fuchsia

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:07 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

Sure. So far only 80,000+ people in the US died, including so so many from our own communities. But yeah, stop being so dramatic. It’s so inconvenient for us.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:09 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Do you know that every time you get a cold you can potentially kill someone?

For someone who is a very vocal provaxxer, you are literally spouting the lines of all antivaxxers. What

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:30 pm
Fuchsia wrote:
Sure. So far only 80,000+ people in the US died, including so so many from our own communities. But yeah, stop being so dramatic. It’s so inconvenient for us.

People die all the time. Statistically, if you are young and healthy, your chance of dying from this virus is lower then getting into a car accident. Do you worry about getting into a car accident every day? I didn’t think so. People are being very dramatic. Everyone needs to calm down and think clearly. Which very few people are doing at this time.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:33 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
For someone who is a very vocal provaxxer, you are literally spouting the lines of all antivaxxers. What

Meh. Anti Vaxxers are arguing over proven facts. Nothing about covid has been proven. All this hysteria is destroying more people then the virus itself.

Einikel

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:36 pm
It seems that nursing homes account for a large percent of covid deaths. https://www.nytimes.com/intera......html
We would be a lot better off with stricter rules in nursing homes that this nationwide lockdown IMO.

SuperWify

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:37 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:

For the young and healthy- I agree.

I still think the elderly and the sick should be careful.

For the rest of us- please let’s get on in life! Why are we being held prisoners in our homes if we are FINE????

Businesses are dying. Emotional and mental health issues have skyrocketed and are fatal. Vital health procedures and treatments have stopped causing a an unfortunate number of deaths.

Enough! 😷

SuperWify

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:38 pm
Ok, sorry. Let’s stay on track.

Op to answer your question- I have very mild symptoms for about a week. It was a (sad) joke.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 12:02 am
I'm afraid, (and I'm not prone to drama) but 1 of my kids has asthma so that puts her at higher risk.
Maybe not afraid of dying, but the stress/helplessness of watching a loved one labor to breathe is not something I welcome

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 12:04 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I'm afraid, (and I'm not prone to drama) but 1 of my kids has asthma so that puts her at higher risk.
Maybe not afraid of dying, but the stress/helplessness of watching a loved one labor to breathe is not something I welcome

You are not being dramatic. You have reason to be afraid. But Bh most people aren’t in your category.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 12:06 am
I was afraid bec my husband has a chronic condition but he tested positive for antibodies bh and had mild symptoms. So at this point I’m calm.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 12:25 am
Yes, I am extremely afraid, it sounds awful, painful, long, and with so many unknowns, even if one is never hospitalized. I do tend toward the anxiety side of the spectrum when it comes to scary unknowns.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics