Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Did you get the coronavirus?
1  2  Next

Did you get the coronavirus?
Yes I was tested  
 18%  [ 28 ]
Yes I think so  
 31%  [ 47 ]
No  
 50%  [ 76 ]
Total Votes : 151

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:10 pm
It seems like so many of us got it already so let’s take a poll just to see where the Imamother population stands.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:17 pm
No and I tested negative. I knew I probably didn't have it because I didn't leave my home for nearly 2 months. I live in NY

elisheva25

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:29 pm
Yes had mild case, didn’t test personally .... my husband tested positive
Most people I know had it

imaamy

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:29 pm
I have this funny feeling in my nose when I bend over (doing daily yoga). It’s kind of like when you get chlorinated water up your nose/in your throat. That’s the only symptom I have but it’s been getting more frequent. My family has not had it to our knowledge.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:36 pm
I was tested. Negative for anti bodies.

Was sick before purim. Did not lose my sense of smell or taste
This past week I had horrible agonizing stomach cramps, now I have chills and heavy sweating, no fever.
So who knows?

amother
Red

Post Wed, May 13 2020, 11:59 pm
No, I live in a suburb of NYC and have immediate family in NYC and in NJ and Israel and none of us have caught the virus yet beli ayin hara. None of my extended family in the area have had it either and neither have any of my good friends from the East Coast to the West Coast. I have acquaintances who have had it and I've paid far too many virtual shiva calls in the last few weeks to people I know who lost loved ones.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 12:22 am
None of us tested but before pesach my husband had slight symptoms for like 2 days (he was around someone who had symptoms too). I had a massive massive dry cold. So makes sense but don't know. Ever since then my family bh feels healthy!

amother
Puce

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 4:38 am
I THINK so, but unfortunately antibodies test is not available to mere pleblians like me who had a bad cough and just for curiosity's sake would like to know if it was Corona

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 4:53 am
Yes, and I was as sick as a DOG for two months. There was a shortage of tests in Israel, and all the ventilators were taken, so I was not tested. I was just told to stay home unless my temperature was up to 104. My temp was 103, and I was terrified of the hospital, so I just sweated it out, slept a lot, and had people drop off chicken soup at my back door.

I thought I would never recover. One day I would think I was getting better, and then I would relapse for 3 days. This went on for ages. Night sweats, tight chest with no cough, no taste or smell. I got sick a week before Purim, and some things STILL don't smell or taste right.

Yes, most people get mild symptoms, but my experience was absolutely horrible. I haven't been this sick in almost 14 years. I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

This is why when I post on the issues of masks and social distancing, I get so passionate about it. I know I come off as being judgmental and harsh, but when you feel like you survived by the grace of G-d, it tends to make you a bit emotional on the subject.

I love all of you, and I'd hate to see any of you feel a fraction of what I've felt. Hug

amother
Purple

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 4:55 am
I was terribly sick for 3 weeks after Purim. By second days Pesach was the first time I felt back to myself. I had severe cold and cough, mild chest pain, night sweats, Weakness. But no shills, body aches, fever, didn’t lose smellor taste. however I tested negative. My dr told me he thinks it’s a false negative and I probably had it. Dh and dd had symptoms after I did. So even if I had some other virus, I was still exposed to corona.
We all tested for antibodies. I don’t have any, dh and 2 dds have antibodies.

s c

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 5:34 am
Yes was really ill for 2 weeks after Purim and could barely move off the bed I was so weak. Started with terrible headache that lasted for days with nausea and weakness followed by high temperature, sore throat and cough. Took another week or 2 to get back energy and lost taste and smell for about 5 weeks. The rest of my family had varying symptoms, all very mild BH. Some just lost taste and smell, nothing else. We all think we had it.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 5:49 am
No. I live and work in medicine in the center of it all. I did not get sick and tested negative for antibodies. Apparently my daily mask is working.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 5:56 am
my husband and dadughter did
my dad passed away from it

chanchy123

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 6:04 am
You should really include the location

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 6:21 am
I had a bad sore throat, runny nose and dry cough for a week after Purim. My son woke up with a fever in the middle of the night but it was gone by morning. He also had a dry cough that week.
My swab was negative. I'm hoping to get antibody testing soon.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 6:37 am
I was sick. really sick with high risk factors. Hydrochloroquine saved me bh prior to hospitalization. My entire family had it, some milder than others- fever, loss of taste and smell etc. Only my husband and myself tested.
My sister holed herself up , no groceries etc and now regrets not having been exposed. If her family does not get exposed they are at risk the minute the world opens up.
There are no good answers or explanations.
OTOH my bro who was all over the place in Bklyn tested neg for Covid and antibiotics, while another sis who did not move out of her home or get exposed ( think did not open deliveries for 5 days!) got sick and while not testing docs are confident was Covid. What

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 6:58 am
Option 4: ✔ I dunno, considering most cases were/are asymptomatic and I had no symptoms

Simple1

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 7:15 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Option 4: ✔ I dunno, considering most cases were/are asymptomatic and I had no symptoms

I read one article that claimed that asymptomatic might just mean presymptomatic. I don't fully remember, but they questioned people and found out that a significant anount of asymptomatic people who had the virus went on to get symptoms. The problem is that you are most contagious shortly before the onset of symptoms.

4g01o

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 7:29 am
I'm almost sure I had it bc I had high temperature, bad cough for weeks, terrible body aches, headaches etc etc. I was really unwell. Shortness of breath too on and off but I was mostly ok with my breathing bh. Chest pains...horrible!! I couldn't stop throwing up one night from the temperature, threw up my paracetamol so used suppositories in the end, they worked well bh. I haven't had temperature since I was a kid so I'm pretty sure it was corona. I started having symptoms 10 days before pesach which was peak time here in England. So grateful I made it through bH. I'll never take it for granted. I was terrified with people dropping like flies Sad so sad!

ETA: The lady I know who was hospitalized and in a coma/sedated for weeks came home yesterday!!!! Chasdei Hashem. They had to take her baby out early and she needs lots and lots of Tefillos still. Gittel Bas Rivka

singleagain

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 7:45 am
One morning, my mom told me I was coughing all night, so she took me to the doctor. They tested, I had it. But only that mild cough. My coworker had it, she was in bed a week.

The worst part for me was the timing. I work in a kosher grocery, and got sick the last week of March. It was so frustrating to not be able to go to work, during my busy season, when I get physically ok. Especially, once my cough was under control. But ppl come first.

I just hope I can donate plasma soon.

ETA: and thank God that I do live with my mom. Otherwise, I would not have thought the light cough I had would have warranted a doctor's visit. And then God knows how many people I would have exposed.

Last edited by singleagain on Thu, May 14 2020, 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics