Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Are white cotton tights back in for kids? (BP chassidish)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:08 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
This is the minhag in some families and sects. No, it's not torture. Why would it be?

I think that since it’s so hot here, kids sweat when they’re playing, get itchy, etc
Which is why she said it was torture

amother
Silver

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:09 pm
flapsmom wrote:
Yes! What announcement? How do we fire him!!!!!!!

He announced that schools might not reopen due to the new disease found in children related to COVID. Let’s throw tomatoes at him instead of the moms of 3 year old tights wearers.

Ora in town

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:10 pm
It's not sad that you want to fit into the community and surroundings. It's human nature. No one wants their kids to be the nerd of the class.

That's a strange combination you display here.
On the one hand, you don't care at all that your daughters will feel uncomfortable and hot wearing tights all summer from age 3..
On the other hand, you worry about her "being the nerd of the class".
Kind of reminds me those pageant moms, who make their little daughters into dolls from age 3...
In general, the daughters do not really like it...

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:11 pm
Ora in town wrote:
On the one hand, you don't care at all that your daughters will feel uncomfortable and hot wearing tights all summer from age 3..
Kind of reminds me those pageant moms, who make their little daughters into dolls from age 3...

keep your observations to yourself.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:13 pm
Ora in town wrote:

Oy, OP, I was tempted to suggest earlier on the thread that you move this thread to the Chassidishe Velt.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:25 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Oy, OP, I was tempted to suggest earlier on the thread that you move this thread to the Chassidishe Velt.

Is Chassidishe velt active?
In any case, it doesn't have to be there. I'm not there and I participated in this thread.
Some @@@@ posters like to be nasty, and we've seen this in more than one thread and more than one forum. That doesn't mean we have to engage. The less we engage with nasty posters the less we'll be hearing from them. We can be proud of who we are and what we do.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:34 pm
I think she meant about the dressing the girls in tights from age 3

Chasidish velt is active. Kinda my fault lol

dankbar

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 11:55 pm
new edited post is further in thread

Last edited by dankbar on Fri, May 15 2020, 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:15 am
Ora in town wrote:

My girls and most girls are perfectly fine and comfortable wearing tights in the summer.
Would you wear shorts in public because you're hot and sweaty??
It is very inappropriate to mock other's minhagim. You can leave the thread if it doesn't apply to you.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:16 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

Many litvish and yeshivish families are also makpid on tights from three. That's what I see in my neighborhood, it's not only the chassidish.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:18 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
I think that since it’s so hot here, kids sweat when they’re playing, get itchy, etc
Which is why she said it was torture

It's not torture. They're fine. Cotton tights are pretty cool and comfortable.

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:21 am
Interestingly my 10 yr old DD prefers cotton tights to knee socks (which she only wears under a long robe). She claims her thighs get sweaty when she’s in socks and with cotton tights shes fine!

PeanutMama

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:38 am
It's not torture. They're fine. Cotton tights are pretty cool and comfortable.

Oh wow. I didn’t know that. Thanks for telling me

dancingqueen

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:46 am
There's nothing wrong with a mother wanting her kids to be dressed according to what's in style in the community.
And you'd be surprised what 3 year old girls are tuned into. Many can and do point out the nerds in the class.

Shouldn’t not stigmatizing other kids be part of Jewish education for preschoolers?

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 12:54 am
dancingqueen wrote:
Shouldn’t not stigmatizing other kids be part of Jewish education for preschoolers?

It should be education for all ages. Including posters on imamother.
I have a feeling preschoolers actually practice it best.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 1:02 am
I would put my daughter on light grey heather tights for every day and not white.

mommyX2

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 1:52 am
didnt read all the replies, but can you do a grey shell instead of white so that the tights and shell match eachother?

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 1:54 am
Many litvish and yeshivish families are also makpid on tights from three. That's what I see in my neighborhood, it's not only the chassidish.

Many? I grew up in Lakewood and never saw this. Maybe the Roshei Yeshiva’s daughters.

groisamomma

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 2:13 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Many? I grew up in Lakewood and never saw this. Maybe the Roshei Yeshiva’s daughters.

We live in a yeshivish area and a nice chunk of Bnos Melech families live in our neighborhood. It's actually quite common among them to start tights at age 3.

groisamomma

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 2:16 am
Surplus wrote:
Interestingly my 10 yr old DD prefers cotton tights to knee socks (which she only wears under a long robe). She claims her thighs get sweaty when she’s in socks and with cotton tights shes fine!

Totally off topic (sorry OP!) but your DD may be comfortable wearing bike shorts with her knee socks. My girls start wearing them under their skirts around that age because they sometimes got rashes from the sweat on their inner thighs on the days they wore knee socks.
Page 4 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics