Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Challa in hand mixer

WitchKitty

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 4:32 am
Can I knead challa dough in my 500 watt bosch hand mixer? Or would it break?

lkwdlady

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 6:34 am
I don’t know about the Bosch hand mixer but when my dough machine broke I used my hand mixer too.
Here’s what I did-
I put all the ingredients in a bowl aside for all the flour. I only poured in around 3.5 cups of flour and mixed (with hand mixer) until the texture was smooth. Then I added the rest of the flour and kneaded the dough by hand for a few minutes. For sure my mixer wouldn’t have been able to handle the full dough. This worked very well for me for around 2 years until I finally fixed my dough machine.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 10:37 am
I would not. only a machine meant for bread dough.

zaq

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 3:52 pm
You will burn out the motor and even possibly start a fire if you try to knead dough with a hand mixer. you can use it to mix the liquid ingredients and enough flour to make a loose batter like cake batter, but after that use a wooden spoon and your hands.

Frumme

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 6:01 pm
Does your hand mixer have a dough hook attachment? Even so, it probably doesn't have the strength to mix a dough with more than 4 cups of flour....

Ora in town

Post Sat, May 16 2020, 7:02 pm
I always knead my challa by hand...
When I start kneading, I hold my fingers together (thumbtip & fingertips), so that the palm of my hand will not get all sticky with dough...
I start in a big bowl, and once the water & flour are mixed, I go on just on the counter top (with a bit of flour, so that it won't stick). From time to time I add a little bit of oil (1 spoon at a time) on the outside, so that it won't stick and that I don't have to add too much flour.... because it's really better that the dough is not too dry...
I knead 10 min...
I tried handmixer, but I prefer kneading by hand.
I do 1-2 kg of flour at a time...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads