Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
BP toddler fashion
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 12:51 pm
My oldest girl is turning two this summer and hopefully going to playgroup for first time in September. What is the norm to wear at this age to playgroup during week? Links of examples greatly appreciated.

bsy

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 12:54 pm
Clothes. Any clothing is fine. Try to avoid pajamas. Occasionally, a toddler will insist on pajamas, so that's fine too, but only occasionally.

Zehava

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 12:58 pm
I’m glad someone is worrying about toddler trends in September

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 12:58 pm
bsy wrote:
Clothes. Any clothing is fine. Try to avoid pajamas. Occasionally, a toddler will insist on pajamas, so that's fine too, but only occasionally.

Agreed. The other 2 year old won’t judge her.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:06 pm
T-shirt or thin sweater, leggings

Blessing1

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:09 pm
Sweatshirts & tee's with leggings is standard toddler wear. I try to stick to dark practical colors for that age so dirt shouldn't be so noticeable.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:10 pm
As a playgroup Morah I beg you not to send her in things that are clearly way too fancy. I can't promise your kids clothes will stay clean and though I won't go out of my way to make sure they do, I do find it stressful.

Like the poster above me said a t shirt and leggings is the best. It's comfortable for them, can look cute for you, and not a stress on the Morah.

As a side note, once on my soapbox, make sure her shoes fit and are not the type that are impossible to get on and off. Thank you.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:11 pm
Zehava wrote:
I’m glad someone is worrying about toddler trends in September

Do you realize there's a real person you are talking to? Yes, I have plenty of more exciting personal drama to post about but you know, I speak to my friends in real life about that? Im having trouble shopping for clothes. I asked for help, if you don't like it move along and save the sarcasm.

Nevermind! LOL

amother
Jade

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you realize there's a real person you are talking to? Yes, I have plenty of more exciting personal drama to post about but you know, I speak to my friends in real life about that? Im having trouble shopping for clothes. I asked for help, if you don't like it move along and save the sarcasm.

I could be wrong but I think she was serious.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:12 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
As a playgroup Morah I beg you not to send her in things that are clearly way too fancy. I can't promise your kids clothes will stay clean and though I won't go out of my way to make sure they do, I do find it stressful.

Like the poster above me said a t shirt and leggings is the best. It's comfortable for them, can look cute for you, and not a stress on the Morah.

As a side note, once on my soapbox, make sure her shoes fit and are not the type that are impossible to get on and off. Thank you.

Leggings and tshirt is exactly advice I needed thank you. I genuinely don't know what people do.

What constitutes shoes impossibke to get on and off? Laces?

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I think she was referring to the fact that no one knows if there will even be school let alone playgroup in September!!

Zehava

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:15 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I could be wrong but I think she was serious.

I totally was. Did not mean to be hurtful in any way.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:19 pm
Zehava wrote:
I totally was. Did not mean to be hurtful in any way.

Oh. I apologize then. Guess I'm overly sensitive today. TMI

amother
Jade

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Leggings and tshirt is exactly advice I needed thank you. I genuinely don't know what people do.

What constitutes shoes impossibke to get on and off? Laces?

Laces are usually ok. Unless they untie all the time. I had one kid this year who I was always tying their shoes for. There are also the type of shoes that just take time to get on even if they fit once on. Hard to explain. It's just that if it takes an extra few seconds for you to put them on in the morning realize that her Morah doesn't only have one kid to take care of.

I really don't judge these mothers! At all! Most shoes are fine, I'm not trying to stress you out! Probably too late, sorry! But once you're asking I'll definitely give my opinion Smile

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:25 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Laces are usually ok. Unless they untie all the time. I had one kid this year who I was always tying their shoes for. There are also the type of shoes that just take time to get on even if they fit once on. Hard to explain. It's just that if it takes an extra few seconds for you to put them on in the morning realize that her Morah doesn't only have one kid to take care of.

I really don't judge these mothers! At all! Most shoes are fine, I'm not trying to stress you out! Probably too late, sorry! But once you're asking I'll definitely give my opinion Smile

It's okay. My personality is I do.not.care. not about clothes, shoes, etc. I'm trying on my dd's behalf because I don't want my laissez faire attitude towards clothing negatively affect her.

bsy

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 1:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's okay. My personality is I do.not.care. not about clothes, shoes, etc. I'm trying on my dd's behalf because I don't want my laissez faire attitude towards clothing negatively affect her.

At 2, no one notices or cares

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 2:38 pm
Please no rompers! I had a student (age 2) who only wore rompers with a onesie and tights underneath in the winter. I had to completely undress him every time he needed a diaper change. Some even had 5+ buttons down the front, so I had to open the buttons, take his arms out of the sleeves, pull his tights down, open his onesie, change diaper and basically redress him!

thriver

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 2:46 pm
Yes. For those toilet training—move your child up and out of onesies!!

Blessing1

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 2:55 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Please no rompers! I had a student (age 2) who only wore rompers with a onesie and tights underneath in the winter. I had to completely undress him every time he needed a diaper change. Some even had 5+ buttons down the front, so I had to open the buttons, take his arms out of the sleeves, pull his tights down, open his onesie, change diaper and basically redress him!

Oh god, sounds like a nightmare.
And why would someone dress a 2 year old boy like that??? I'd tell the mother not to send a child dressed like that.
For playgroup it's best to stick to practical clothing that can become dirty. No fancy brand name delicate clothing.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 2:57 pm
What's your budget?
Zara has adorable tops. Get all your leggings from old navy (gray, black, jeggings) and find cute, thin sweaters to match.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics