Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Where to stop halfway to florida
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:05 pm
please dont bash me.
looking for someplace to rent a private airbnb halfway down to florida for one night any tips r helpful . we will quarantine in a rental in Florida ,hoping to avoid public restrooms etc if we stop overnight.
(ducks)

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
please dont bash me.
looking for someplace to rent a private airbnb halfway down to florida for one night any tips r helpful . we will quarantine in a rental in Florida ,hoping to avoid public restrooms etc if we stop overnight.
(ducks)

I have no recommendations but certainly hope you have a wonderful trip! Sick and tired of all the bashing here so at least you can count on one positive reply Very Happy
Get some sunshine for us all! Sunny

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:12 pm
Surplus wrote:
I have no recommendations but certainly hope you have a wonderful trip! Sick and tired of all the bashing here so at least you can count on one positive reply Very Happy
Get some sunshine for us all! Sunny

thank u so much!!! I appreciate it. im trying to avoid exposure of flying, and figure if we stop for the night maybe 1/2 stops for bathrooms... but have no clue how to find anything private/ safe for a family abt 9 hrs from ny

Blessing1

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thank u so much!!! I appreciate it. im trying to avoid exposure of flying, and figure if we stop for the night maybe 1/2 stops for bathrooms... but have no clue how to find anything private/ safe for a family abt 9 hrs from ny

Some hotels and motels on the way are open.

yiddishmom

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:23 pm
Pick a town that's halfway there, and then search online to see which hotels/ motels are open in the area.

Have a nice trip!

Blessing1

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:24 pm
yiddishmom wrote:
Pick a town that's halfway there, and then search online to see which hotels/ motels are open in the area.

Have a nice trip!

North Carolina is halfway.

yiddishmom

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:25 pm
I just Googled it. Rocky Mount, NC or Raleigh, NC.

bobeli

Post Thu, May 14 2020, 9:28 pm
Enjoy and don’t feel bad, half of Brooklyn is already there 😃.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 2:44 am
I'm here quarantined in a private house and pool. Nc is about half way. Just Google AirBNB. we Did it with just three bathroom/gas stops. Purchase toilet seat covers, masks, gloves and purell. You should be fine. The rest areas were clean and we took all precautions. Spray Lysol before walking in and used gloves to open doors then discarded before entering cars.
It's a great place to quarantine. Less exposure than Brooklyn. The children are content just being in the pool most of the day. The weather is awesome, prices for large rentals are inexpensive, and we can easily quarantine without going crazy in a tiny apartment. It's the right thing if you can pull it off.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 3:05 am
Following. I am driving down later this week....and staying for an while iyh.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 3:13 am
This guy delivers food from Boca and Miami.
orders@floridadelivered.com
S.S. 7863182531

if you in Orlando, you can order salads and light meals delivered from Olive & Onion Orlando. 646- 493-6169.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:23 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I'm here quarantined in a private house and pool. Nc is about half way. Just Google AirBNB. we Did it with just three bathroom/gas stops. Purchase toilet seat covers, masks, gloves and purell. You should be fine. The rest areas were clean and we took all precautions. Spray Lysol before walking in and used gloves to open doors then discarded before entering cars.
It's a great place to quarantine. Less exposure than Brooklyn. The children are content just being in the pool most of the day. The weather is awesome, prices for large rentals are inexpensive, and we can easily quarantine without going crazy in a tiny apartment. It's the right thing if you can pull it off.

Did you spray Lysol before walking out, too? Or just clean it for yourselves, but leave your germs for the next person?

Also, were you one of those who said you're not planning on stopping at all on the way? "Just three bathroom/ gas stops" is a LOT for all the holy people who promised not to stop at all on the way from NY to FL....

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:24 am
bobeli wrote:
Enjoy and don’t feel bad, half of Brooklyn is already there 😃.

Right, so if other people are walking around with guns and shooting in random directions, do it, enjoy it, and don't feel bad because they're all doing it too.

COOL!!!!!

OP are you actually moving (meaning relocating your family permanently) or was this supposed to be in a different forum?

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:26 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Did you spray Lysol before walking out, too? Or just clean it for yourselves, but leave your germs for the next person?

Also, were you one of those who said you're not planning on stopping at all on the way? "Just three bathroom/ gas stops" is a LOT for all the holy people who promised not to stop at all on the way from NY to FL....

Mind your own business. This whole pandemic has literally made people lose their minds...I can only imagine how holy you must be.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 4:28 am
If all else fails
Years ago Walmart allowed RV camping in their parking lots for free
You could call and ask if they still do this
And sleep in the car

You can bring along a kiddie potty for restroom stops for the girls
I found this
https://www.dickssportinggoods.....aw.ds

happyone

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 5:11 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

Wow! I'm sorry for you. You sound like you are struggling with extreme jealousy.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 5:15 am

thank u so much. any other tips for the long drive? traveling with a number of children iyh. any issue renting private airbnb in nc? what city did u stop in?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 5:16 am
also were all the reststops open?

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 5:19 am

You know, you can say a lot of things and justify yourself in a thousand ways- but saying that this is “the right thing to do” is just beyond the pale.

I don’t know why I’m bothering. It’s clear none of you people care.

amother
Teal

Post Fri, May 15 2020, 5:24 am

We’re you stopped at all when you entered Florida?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics