Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Please give me names of schools that will accept most kids
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:06 pm
Boys and girls elementary. I’m tired of looking. I’m tired of my kids crying that no one wants them. Just give me names and numbers to call. Thank you!

giselle

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 12:21 pm
I don’t know much about it but there is a new school called Bais Yaakov of Ocean County that I’m pretty sure is open to everyone.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 1:59 pm
Anything for boys?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:14 pm
Are you planning to move to Lakewood and you can't get your kids into schools? Or are your kids currently out of schools??
I'd be wary of sending to a school that accepts everyone.

giselle

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anything for boys?

Unfortunately the only school I can think of is really not a school I would recommend for anyone...
YTT is an excellent school that is a little more open minded, but I have no idea how hard it is to get in...

Last edited by giselle on Sun, May 17 2020, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:18 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Are you planning to move to Lakewood and you can't get your kids into schools? Or are your kids currently out of schools??
I'd be wary of sending to a school that accepts everyone.

I live in Lakewood. I wouldn’t move here without schools. It would be a nightmare. It’s a long story, and I don’t really want anyone recognizing me on here. I’ve even tried neighboring cities and they don’t want Lakewood kids because Lakewood should take care of it’s own problems.

And ‘I’d be wary of a school that accepts everyone’ is exactly the problem here.

DVOM

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:19 pm
Oh dear, I'm so sorry. This is really hard.

I don't know of any Lakewood school that would accept anyone. It's the sad reality of Lakewood schools.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:19 pm
giselle wrote:
Unfortunately the only school I can think of is really not a school I would recommend for anyone...
YTT is an excellent school that is a little more open minded, but I have no idea how hard it is to get in...

For boys?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I live in Lakewood. I wouldn’t move here without schools. It would be a nightmare. It’s a long story, and I don’t really want anyone recognizing me on here. I’ve even tried neighboring cities and they don’t want Lakewood kids because Lakewood should take care of it’s own problems.

And ‘I’d be wary of a school that accepts everyone’ is exactly the problem here.

I'm sorry.
The school situation in Lakewood is not pretty.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:25 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I'm sorry.
The school situation in Lakewood is not pretty.

It’s very depressing. Not helping my kids either.

crust

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:30 pm
I always knew there is a problem in Lakewood (as in many other communities.)

But since I've watched a woman of Lakewood talk (cry) how her kids are not accepted in any school the problem became more real in my mind and I can't wrap my head around it.

What's going on? Can someone come in with an unemotional response to this? What's the logic? How does this happen?

Let's say if I came into Lakewood today and decided I'm going to open a school with mesiras nefesh, will someone stop me?

I'm sure there are people like me in Lakewood. Why isn't it happening?

I really only want an explanation. I don't want a bashing thread.
You can pm me if you feel more comfortable but please everyone replying to me, please keep the responses respectful.

Thanks.

DVOM

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:33 pm
giselle wrote:

My boys are in YTT. It's a wonderful school. Sadly, I've heard it's not so easy to get into at this point. Also, its tiny. Two classes per grade that they cap at 25 kids. So not as much wiggle room as, say, the Cheder, which has something like 10 parallel classes per grade.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:36 pm
crust wrote:
I always knew there is a problem in Lakewood (as in many other communities.)

But since I've watched a woman of Lakewood talk (cry) how her kids are not accepted in any school the problem became more real in my mind and I can't wrap my head around it.

What's going on? Can someone come in with an unemotional response to this? What's the logic? How does this happen?

Let's say if I came into Lakewood today and decided I'm going to open a school with mesiras nefesh, will someone stop me?

I'm sure there are people like me in Lakewood. Why isn't it happening?

I really only want an explanation. I don't want a bashing thread.
You can pm me if you feel more comfortable but please everyone replying to me, please keep the responses respectful.

Thanks.

I don’t know what the problem is, but I’ll tell you this. The schools kids go to are among the questions asked their whole life. Every application we fill out wants the cheder my husband went to and yeshiva katana etc. and
My school and my seminary. Can’t wait for the second generation where kids can’t get into school because their parents were home schooled or didn’t go to seminary.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:38 pm
DVOM wrote:
My boys are in YTT. It's a wonderful school. Sadly, I've heard it's not so easy to get into at this point. Also, its tiny. Two classes per grade that they cap at 25 kids. So not as much wiggle room as, say, the Cheder, which has something like 10 parallel classes per grade.

Yeah so the cheder accepted our application and ignored us afterward. My son could use a small school. It doesn’t even have to be a school for the smartest kids.

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:38 pm
Chassidish or towards modern?
Tiferes Yechiel open minded Chassidish
732-523-1404 (not hundred percent sure about the number) clientele thrilled there for the most part Im told. devoted rebbeim and administration. I know quite a few people that send there
Kol Torah more modern yet quite a few heimishe people send there. 732-905-6300 very warm caring hanhuleh and administration I hear

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:40 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
732-523-1404 (not hundred percent sure about the number) clientele thrilled there for the most part Im told. devoted rebbeim and administration. I know quite a few people that send there
Kol Torah more modern yet quite a few heimishe people send there. 732-905-6300 very warm caring hanhuleh and administration I hear

We’re Heimish. I wouldn’t mind a chassidish school, but my kids don’t speak Yiddish fluently. I’m not looking for a very yeshivish school where the fathers only learn. Just somewhere to educate my kids.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:41 pm
Can one of the mega rich people open a frum school that will accept everyone???? Yala!! We don’t need another building in the kollel we need to take care of the babies first.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:42 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Can one of the mega rich people open a frum school that will accept everyone???? Yala!! We don’t need another building in the kollel we need to take care of the babies first.

Lol. Call Rechnitz and maybe suggest it?

amother
Black

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We’re Heimish. I wouldn’t mind a chassidish school, but my kids don’t speak Yiddish fluently.

tiferes yechiel I think the rebbes teach in yiddish primarily but their are definitely boys speaking english among themselves. kol torah sounds like it may be a better fit. apply to both! and keep us updated please

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 2:44 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:

Tiferes Yechiel 732-835-2122
Excellent cheder!

Op above are 2 good options. Have you tried any of those?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries