Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Speed Queen washing machine

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 4:16 pm
Anyone purchase one in the last year or so? Please tell me your model number and if you have been happy or disappointed with it.

TIA!

amother
Lime

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 5:29 pm
make sure the washing machine is not noisey

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 5:37 pm
I wanted to get one a few months ago. When I called my local appliance store, I was told that they have stopped carrying Speed Queen due to the problems with the newer models. They recommended the Maytag front loader instead. It is a wonderful machine Model #MHW6630HC.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 7:20 pm
My mother has a speed queen from a few years ago and I really wanted one because it's an awesome machine. I called meir herman to ask what they recommend and they told me that speed queen recently redid their machines and they aren't as good anymore.

I have a maytag top loader. I can find the model number is good like.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 7:48 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
My mother has a speed queen from a few years ago and I really wanted one because it's an awesome machine. I called meir herman to ask what they recommend and they told me that speed queen recently redid their machines and they aren't as good anymore.

I have a maytag top loader. I can find the model number is good like.

Thanks.
Who is Meir Herman?
I thought that the most recent models (2019) were a throw back to the old style?

amother
Gold

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 8:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks.
Who is Meir Herman?
I thought that the most recent models (2019) were a throw back to the old style?

He's the appliance repair person that tons of people use in Flatbush /boro park. If he says a machine is not good, it's because he's seem too many that broke or needed repairs.

He's actually the person who originally told my mother to get the speed queen a bunch of years ago.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 8:49 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
He's the appliance repair person that tons of people use in Flatbush /boro park. If he says a machine is not good, it's because he's seem too many that broke or needed repairs.

He's actually the person who originally told my mother to get the speed queen a bunch of years ago.

Thank you. I'm wondering if by any chance he is referring to the 2018 models vs the 2019

amother
Gold

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 8:53 pm
I asked his office in July of 2019 if that helps.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 8:58 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I asked his office in July of 2019 if that helps.

I appreciate your help. I guess it's possible he had bad issues with the previous year's model and not the 2019.

Perhaps I'll call.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry