Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Anyone know if they’re making a shavuos box?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 6:30 pm
Would be so helpful! Or any well priced takeout for shavuos?

Sebastian

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 7:01 pm
There will be one similar to the shabbos box

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 7:21 pm
Oh great where did you hear this? Is it for sure?

benny

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 8:13 pm

Saw this today

ShishKabob

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 8:16 pm
why is this cheap?

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:07 pm
My husband was involved in the Pesach/chametz boxes and they are not planning on doing a Shavuos box. There isn't the same urgency as there was about Pesach - it's just a two-day Yom Tov and plenty of time to prepare. There will be other (not low-cost) boxes available from restaurants and caterers for convenience but not affordability.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:10 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
My husband was involved in the Pesach/chametz boxes and they are not planning on doing a Shavuos box. There isn't the same urgency as there was about Pesach - it's just a two-day Yom Tov and plenty of time to prepare. There will be other (not low-cost) boxes available from restaurants and caterers for convenience but not affordability.

Ok well I guess if anyone sees an ad for any kind of shavuos takeout, please post.

UQT

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:11 pm
Maybe the school lunches will kick in!

ShishKabob

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:12 pm
UQT wrote:
Maybe the school lunches will kick in!
I actually got cheesecake from mine!

Blessing1

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:15 pm
benny wrote:

Saw this today

This is quite expensive for the items included. These things aren't worth $100. You can make these for 1/3 of the price.

Simple1

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok well I guess if anyone sees an ad for any kind of shavuos takeout, please post.

If it helps, some things are much easier to make than you think. For example, Penne a la vadka takes a few minutes. Heat up jar of tomato vodka sauce, cream, garlic cubes, butter, salt and cheese. Pour over ziti. Cheese cake can be made with just cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla in a ready crust. Blintzes can be bought frozen. Sorry I don't have recipes right now off hand, but they can be searched.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:47 pm
Simple1 wrote:
If it helps, some things are much easier to make than you think. For example, Penne a la vadka takes a few minutes. Heat up jar of tomato vodka sauce, cream, garlic cubes, butter, salt and cheese. Pour over ziti. Cheese cake can be made with just cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla in a ready crust. Blintzes can be bought frozen. Sorry I don't have recipes right now off hand, but they can be searched.

It’s not that.. I usually love going overboard and finding new recipes. BH I’m pregnant and just too nauseous to cook this shavuos.

sky

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:48 pm
I was thinking it’s a pretty easy shavous. 2 days only. 1 day is Shabbos so it’s a Cholent meal.
I felt almost like it was a gift..
No guests
Simple meals

bnm

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s not that.. I usually love going overboard and finding new recipes. BH I’m pregnant and just too nauseous to cook this shavuos.

Gourmet Glatt has the Tuv Tam frozen family sized baked ziti and eggplant parmigan on sale. Buy 1 of those, a box of blintzes, 1 cheesecake and ice coffee and you are set.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 11:51 pm
bnm wrote:
Gourmet Glatt has the Tuv Tam frozen family sized baked ziti and eggplant parmigan on sale. Buy 1 of those, a box of blintzes, 1 cheesecake and ice coffee and you are set.

Oh thanks for letting me know! I’m going to check that out.

And I wasn’t even thinking that one day is shabbos like another poster just wrote. My husband has been doing the cooking for shabbos, so that will be taken care of.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries