Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Lacetop: love it or hate it

macaroonlover

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 9:53 pm
Hi. I'm thinking of getting a lacetop wig. Heard mixed reviews. Do u love or hate yours? Would you recommend it or do you regret spending all this money?
Tia

amother
Linen

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 12:39 am
LOVE, never would go back.

macaroonlover

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 8:19 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
LOVE, never would go back.

Which company do u have? How long did u have it for? Any issues with it? Like lace stretching or hair falling out ?

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 10:14 am
Ppl love it in the beginning and that’s when it looks great
After few months they start looking awful if you don’t know how to take care of it properly

macaroonlover

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:10 am
Anyone had theirs for a while and can share their experience?

SuperWify

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 12:29 pm
I’m into fashion but it’s one style I can’t wrap my head around....

just me!!

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 1:25 pm
What's the point of wearing a wig if you don't even notice it's not real hair....??
TMI TMI

amother
Azure

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 1:41 pm
just me!! wrote:
What's the point of wearing a wig if you don't even notice it's not real hair....??
TMI TMI

Please It's not the question.! don't start with this discussion here!!!
(I also want to know the plus and minus of a lace top)

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:01 pm
Im a sm happy to answer any questions. Once you try it on you will see what people are saying about not being about to go back. The lightness and flexibility of the net without a multidirectional scalp is so noticeable the min you put it on.
They definitely bald faster than a wig with a scalp. They are sewn with slip knots that loosen with brushing and washing. If they arent repaired they look awful. Ive seen people in grocery stores who look like they have alopecia or cs"v worse... think of the African Americans whos wigs we always thought were horrible compared to ours...
Also they are flat and very deeply parted... the ones brushed back- lift off the head when u run ur fingers thru it...

macaroonlover

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:03 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Im a sm happy to answer any questions. Once you try it on you will see what people are saying about not being about to go back. The lightness and flexibility of the net without a multidirectional scalp is so noticeable the min you put it on.
They definitely bald faster than a wig with a scalp. They are sewn with slip knots that loosen with brushing and washing. If they arent repaired they look awful. Ive seen people in grocery stores who look like they have alopecia or cs"v worse... think of the African Americans whos wigs we always thought were horrible compared to ours...
Also they are flat and very deeply parted... the ones brushed back- lift off the head when u run ur fingers thru it...

So with all of that, do u recommend it? Or if I pull out hair anyways with a regular wig, it's not worth it?

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:30 pm
macaroonlover wrote:
So with all of that, do u recommend it? Or if I pull out hair anyways with a regular wig, it's not worth it?

They are really best for people who either have major sensitivities or people who are very careful with their wigs or people who replace their wigs often.

SmileNow

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 2:42 pm
I have a lace front for my shabbos sheitel. I like it a lot. I have the strength of a regular sheitel but the front is less heavy. And can sit over my hairline, so it's all covered but I can still feel air on my hairline and not feel suffocated and tight.
Not your full q, but thought it might help.

macaroonlover

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 5:41 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
They are really best for people who either have major sensitivities or people who are very careful with their wigs or people who replace their wigs often.

How long are they meant to last on average?

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 5:57 pm
macaroonlover wrote:
How long are they meant to last on average?

If the companies were confident in their quality they would happily warranty it for X amount of time. There have no warranty at this point so it's buy at ur own risk. Still new to say how long they'll last but the companies are working to pefect them so how long this years models last may be different than how long newer ones do as they come out

MiriFr

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 6:03 pm
As a sm, I love it. They are very high maintenance, so it keeps the cash flowin, lol
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics