Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Serial in the ami- chava and shulem
  Previous  1  2  3  4 28  29  30  Next

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 11:42 pm
This serial is so made up....
Nausea usually doesnt kick in until after four weeks. They claimed she was throwing up in Israel already.

Either way they couldve checked via vaginal ultrasound, or taken a bloodtest to see if hcg is good. A dr. will confirm why he couldnt detect a heartbeat, and not leave the patient hanging for a week...

It is possible they wanna bring out that Shalom was easily swayed in making his own money, by taking these drugs. Perhaps he didnt like his father in law controlling them with his money.

There are tons of possibilities how it will end. It definitely sounds baloney the whole thing, and they are just not getting to the point yet.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 11:52 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
ME!!!!

I was so angry such a story was published! Where is kibbud aim? It was not virtuous IMO.

Besides, if she was the only child to go, I would maybe understand...but ALL the siblings went anyway!

Her lonely mother has only her kids to enjoy, and she chose to deprive her? Will she feels good about it after her mother is no longer here? Banging head

Kibud eim doesn't mean risking your mother's health. I do believe the fictional character did the right thing, especially because it was validated by daas Torah. But if she really cared about her mother, she should've checked up on her before yom tov and chol hamoed, instead of only calling a week later. Also, her sweet natured mother changing her personality so drastically also sounds made up.

Angel

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 12:09 am
I think the reason shalom is not telling her where he got the drugs from is cuz he got it from her father. Knowing chava she would believe her father over shalom and all the more so leave him

amother
Natural

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 12:19 am
Am I the only one that finds this to be the craziest/ most unrealistic part:
Chava and Shalom don’t talk!
I mean TALK for real.
Even before their vacation and then throughout the crisis.
I myself had three beshows and that’s it. But after the wedding we became very close and spoke for real.
Here they’re totally married for quite some time, they’re not even chassidish and they’re small-talking like strangers.
Any time any of them starts talking for real, there’s a quick distraction or change of subject.
I’d go insane from that alone.
Unrealistic or extremely shallow couple.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 12:25 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Kibud eim doesn't mean risking your mother's health. I do believe the fictional character did the right thing, especially because it was validated by daas Torah. But if she really cared about her mother, she should've checked up on her before yom tov and chol hamoed, instead of only calling a week later. Also, her sweet natured mother changing her personality so drastically also sounds made up.

Supposedly that one was a real story...
What does 'daas torah' mean? I think in such a case you ask a medical expert. And bc most dont know for sure, you use common sense.

My father in law lives alone, and comes to us once a week. We explained to him during the whole thing, why he shouldnt come and he waited. It came a point where HE insisted on coming at HIS own risk. We were ok with it, and he ate with us. The next week he came, he said he took an antibody test and he tested positive. He never even knew he had anything! Imagine if we kept away for nothing...What's his life worth if this is the only enjoyment he has while he is alive?

Frenchfry

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 4:22 am
I feel like this story is similar to a serial story in mishpacha years ago. I think it was called hearts of gold. The one where he did some on line gambling, so her parents decided they needed to get divorced.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 6:13 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I don’t appreciate her behavior any week. She’s got to be the most selfish, self-centered character I can think of. Has she ever considered another person besides herself?

(I only read it, because my teenaged daughter is reading it, and I like to know what she’s reading. . .)

She's not selfish or self-centered - she was raised terribly by terrible parents!
The poor girl is so confused and doesnt even have a mentor to reach out to. I wanna cry for her (the fictional her).
I am so able to relate to the concept of shana rishona confusion but not one qualified person to reach out to and discuss it with, and feeling so lost and lonely and confused.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 6:16 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I mean TALK for real.
I myself had three beshows and that’s it. But after the wedding we became very close and spoke for real.
Here they’re totally married for quite some time, they’re not even chassidish and they’re small-talking like strangers.
Any time any of them starts talking for real, there’s a quick distraction or change of subject.

Yes. I find this super frustrating too. They are 2 planets revolving aroudn their own suns and not being honest with each other at all.
That's why this is fiction. it's barely realistic.
Then again I'm sure there are such couples in the universe.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 8:17 am
I mean TALK for real.

Bothers me as well, they sleep together to get pregnant but can barely converse. Poor character development.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 8:31 am
Didn't the author write that the reason he had the drugs was because his friend asked him to take the package?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 10:18 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Didn't the author write that the reason he had the drugs was because his friend asked him to take the package?

It took too much time until he admitted that, and then he quickly changed the subject iirc.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 2:55 pm
IMO a lot of this came about only through Chava’s immaturity and lacking sense of responsibility. Instead of seeing her role in it she thinks ‘my life is so unfair’. Not blaming her, I don’t think she ever got the opportunity to learn it. If she had what it took she would be standing up to her parents, being a committed wife to Shalom and would now be in Israel with him at his side not dealing with this garbage, and would not be crying about pregnancy and a miscarriage without confirming a pregnancy - maybe she’s not pregnant that’s why there’s no heartbeat, maybe the symptoms are because of something else (excuse me if I got my facts wrong I missed that part and heard from someone that she never took a pregnancy test).
I know people like that - things in their lives get messed up because of the way they deal with them and then they think that they have such a hard life and they don’t see their role in it. Again, probably not their fault, but still.

paintbrush

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 6:59 pm
Who read it this week? I am so upset that that really happened! Poor girl, she has enough problems!

amother
Ecru

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 7:27 pm
First of all, it's fiction.

Secondly, miscarriages happen very commonly. I've had a bunch.

I guess the writer wants to bring out a point. Maybe its to see if she will stand up for herself through her marriage. Likely her husband will come clear out of this in the end.

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 7:29 pm
paintbrush wrote:
Who read it this week? I am so upset that that really happened! Poor girl, she has enough problems!

I don’t get every weeks, and didn’t get this weeks yet (I get them from someone else.)

Can you fill me in?

c k

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 7:54 pm
Opinion in our house is that her father set-up her husband in order to precipitate their divorce. . .

That's my opinion too

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 8:38 pm
c k wrote:
That's my opinion too

Can’t be because he said it’s the same person that he took from when he was a bachur. Before he even knew her father.
And her father would never come to Israel if it was him.
Because he couldn’t have known for sure that shalom didn’t reveal to the authorities who is the person who gave him the package.

paintbrush

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 8:53 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
First of all, it's fiction.

Secondly, miscarriages happen very commonly. I've had a bunch.

I guess the writer wants to bring out a point. Maybe its to see if she will stand up for herself through her marriage. Likely her husband will come clear out of this in the end.

I know it’s fiction, but the story makes me so upset every week, I don’t know why. And I know miscarriages are common, but with everything she’s going through, it’s too much for one girl. Probably the parents will use it know to insist on a divorce.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 8:59 pm
Can’t be because he said it’s the same person that he took from when he was a bachur. Before he even knew her father.
And her father would never come to Israel if it was him.
Because he couldn’t have known for sure that shalom didn’t reveal to the authorities who is the person who gave him the package.

We don’t think her father approached him directly, and we think her father doesn’t know that Shalom know he’s behind it. (That’s why he feel safe.). But we think he doesn’t want to give away the person, because he found out it’s her father who is behind it - and he wants to protect her. Also, her father told her that Shalom took the package for money - how would he know that?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Jun 06 2020, 9:02 pm
We don’t think her father approached him directly, and we think her father doesn’t know that Shalom know he’s behind it. (That’s why he feel safe.). But we think he doesn’t want to give away the person, because he found out it’s her father who is behind it - and he wants to protect her. Also, her father told her that Shalom took the package for money - how would he know that?

He knows that from the lawyer he got chava who was working the case until she got off.
Page 3 of 30   Previous  1  2  3  4 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room