Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Serial in the ami- chava and shulem
  Previous  1  2  3 23  24  25 28  29  30  Next

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 4:32 pm
I was hoping for the ending to show us what happens one year or even five years later.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 4:44 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Is this standard for serial stories? You don’t need to write at least the whole plot line in advance to get it approved by the editing board?

To submit one you need to submit the first 10 or 15 or so chapters or something along that with a basic plot. You don't need to know the ending and you just need just write a few weeks ahead of time.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 4:45 pm
Jewishmom8 wrote:
wait what.
I just read it today and I didn't even realize that was the ending.
that's the ending?
What was the lesson? what was the point? Nothing was resolved.
what happened?
Not satisfied at all

Honestly I thought the entire thing was bad writing. The only reason it was popular is because it's a serial and it's about controversial things so people are curious. If it was a book people would have left it after a few chapters.

Jewishmom8

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 4:48 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Honestly I thought the entire thing was bad writing. The only reason it was popular is because it's a serial and it's about controversial things so people are curious. If it was a book people would have left it after a few chapters.

Agreed!

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 4:50 pm
I mean the book I wrote in high school was probably better written than this. And I think it could be published one day with a LOT of editing and changes. I think it has potential.

That's my opinion. I know I'm being harsh but sorry. I'm a writer. I'm not even an amazing writer. I'm not famous or anything but I can tell when someone is good writing or not.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 5:06 pm
I do hope we have an epilogue next week, to the bris of their newborn baby 9 months after his incarceration, where Shulem was let out of jail early for good behavior....

I'll say it again... the ending was good, the middle wasn't! it dragged out too long.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 5:48 pm
I dont think they shouldve had a baby yet. Prisoners come out of prison not the same person.. I think he will need therapy or time to recover to marriage/fatherhood before he has one...

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Dec 10 2020, 6:10 pm
Okay, so I haven't read this week's yet, but I've read the spoilers here. No great surprise to be honest. I'd love the author to continue the story, in a second maybe even a third story. Author seems to have a talent for digging deep and keeping the suspense and interest going (ok not all of the time, but enough. I mean look at how many pages were covered in this thread). I found the beginning way more exciting, it almost feels like the author herself got bored...

familyfirst

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 12:49 am
My guess:
Next week will be an elilogue-
Written about their current state of affairs, five years later

2-3 kids
Good relationship- grew from the experience
Relationship between shalom and her parents is healing- not yet fully healed, but getting there

Will be written in first tense, from Chava’s perspective
Maybe a paragraph or two from shaloms

Actually, would be nice if there was a Short few paragraphs written by each of the characters and where they stand five years later

The more I think about it, the more I’m actually liking my idea!

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 12:54 am
familyfirst wrote:
My guess:
Next week will be an elilogue-
Written about their current state of affairs, five years later

2-3 kids
Good relationship- grew from the experience
Relationship between shalom and her parents is healing- not yet fully healed, but getting there

Will be written in first tense, from Chava’s perspective
Maybe a paragraph or two from shaloms

Actually, would be nice if there was a Short few paragraphs written by each of the characters and where they stand five years later

The more I think about it, the more I’m actually liking my idea!

I actually love your idea! Hope they do this! It’s brilliant!
Hey, I seriously think you should switch over from Family First to Ami living! Laugh

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 2:09 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
I actually love your idea! Hope they do this! It’s brilliant!
Hey, I seriously think you should switch over from Family First to Ami living! Laugh

ha

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 2:53 am
LovesHashem wrote:

The Ami editors dont have a rich, professional language. They just care about making noise. I rarely read it and regret it when I do but it because its so poorly written.

Bubby6

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 11:52 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
The Ami editors dont have a rich, professional language. They just care about making noise. I rarely read it and regret it when I do but it because its so poorly written.

Saved $7. Thanks imamothers!

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Dec 11 2020, 12:30 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:

As badly written as this post? Lol.

I love reading Ami. The content way, way surpasses the other magazines. Sometimes some articles could use some better editing. Only in the Living section, though, the Ami and kids are always really high quality. Overall it's my favorite magazine.

ExtraCredit

Post Sat, Dec 12 2020, 10:33 pm
I only commented before Shabbos still before reading, only based on the comments here... I actually cried when I read the part where she dropped him off in prison. I usually don’t get carried away with fictional stuff so the author did something right for making me feel it’s this real... I really really hope we get a happy epilogue.

ExtraCredit

Post Sat, Dec 12 2020, 10:34 pm
Bubby6 wrote:
Saved $7. Thanks imamothers!

Only one imamother said that. The rest of us on this thread obviously buy it weekly because we like it! It’s my favorite mag actually!

rdmom

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 1:04 am
When my daughter and I finished reading the serial, she told me. What a waste of money all these weeks . I had company for Shabbos who also read the series. Couldn’t believe that this is what we were being strung along for. Real disappointment.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 1:09 am
rdmom wrote:
When my daughter and I finished reading the serial, she told me. What a waste of money all these weeks . I had company for Shabbos who also read the series. Couldn’t believe that this is what we were being strung along for. Real disappointment.

You only buy it for the serial? I enjoy the Ami, Ami living, Whisk, my kids like the Aim. The serial is just one small part.

Mothers

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 1:57 am
It feels like after all these weeks/months of crawling along (as if being paid by the word), the author was told abruptly “OK, this is the last week - Wrap it up!” So she did - without tying up any loose ends or bringing it to any real closure. Very disappointing finish. I rarely read these serials, and now I know why . . .

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Dec 13 2020, 2:02 am
It doesn't work that way generally. Usually the author knows how long the serial will run- for example Pesach 20 until Pesach 21, if she can't wrap it up fast enough so they'll give her until Shavuos etc. They like to end in a big issue and start a new one because generally people buy the YT magazines and they want to hook people with a new serial so they'll continue buying. I'm sure the author knew she was ending Chanukah.
Page 24 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 23  24  25 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room