Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Lkwd - looking to hire an out of school girlwho drives

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 9:26 am
I am chasidish, I live in lakewood and need a bit of extra help with light housework like folding laundry, tidying up, and errands like taking me or family members to appointments etc seeing I don't drive and my husband works full time.
Don't want to post under sn so reply here if you're interested in this job and I'll post an email address to get in touch. Pls mention this to anyone you know looking for a part time job that has a license. Tike lmitzvos!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 12:29 pm
If you would like to get any responses, please put Lakewood in the subject line, or put it in the Lakewood forum. (Otherwise everyone will assume you're in NY.)

amother
Plum

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 1:22 pm
Why does it have to be an oot girl? I should think that a local girl would be more likely to be willing to do this sort of thing. It wouldn't be worth it for someone from oot unless you were paying big bucks.

And wouldn't this be violating the social distancing thing?

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 1:23 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Why does it have to be an oot girl? I should think that a local girl would be more likely to be willing to do this sort of thing. It wouldn't be worth it for someone from oot unless you were paying big bucks.

And wouldn't this be violating the social distancing thing?

The OP wrote out of school, not out of town

sra

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 3:28 pm
I could think of a few people who would be interested-but what hours are you looking for and in what range would you be willing to pay?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 3:59 pm
sra wrote:
I could think of a few people who would be interested-but what hours are you looking for and in what range would you be willing to pay?

In the range of 13 an hour. Is that reasonable? More specifically it's folding laundry making beds packing away folded laundry, tidying up the floor of the house, and doing grocery runs etc. If it's not reasonable let me know I really don't know the going rate for this kinda thing.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 4:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
In the range of 13 an hour. Is that reasonable? More specifically it's folding laundry making beds packing away folded laundry, tidying up the floor of the house, and doing grocery runs etc. If it's not reasonable let me know I really don't know the going rate for this kinda thing.

I would think you’d be looking at more like 17/hour

Writergirl

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 4:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It sounds low seeing as cleaning ladies are charging 14 an hour at this point. How many hours a day would you want her available for your needs?

sra

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 4:13 pm
I was thinking more 20-25$ a hour otherwise most frum girls would not be willing to do this sort of job. Maybe you just need a cleaning lady who drives?

sra

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 4:13 pm
and how many hours a day?

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 4:19 pm
sra wrote:
I was thinking more 20-25$ a hour otherwise most frum girls would not be willing to do this sort of job. Maybe you just need a cleaning lady who drives?

This. I pay my cleaning lady $15/hr in Lakewood.
If you want her to run errands she will be spending money on gas, you have to factor that in too.
Babysitters that stay in place and don't do any heavy work charge $20/hr.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 4:24 pm
Well technically a cleaning lady who drives would be best...its easier labor than a cl so that's why I thought around that price. Um. I guess I need to think if I can afford it.
Hours would be afternoons like 4 to 6 or 3 to 6 or 3 to 7! Depends on the day I guess but I'm happy to commit to at least three hours a day.. But not for 17 an hour cuz I'd rather get a cl and car service comes out cheaper...

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 4:36 pm
Most teen girls don't have their own cars, and would need to borrow their parents who may not be able to loan for a few hours several times a week.
So you are better off looking for someone a bit older. But I would imagine you would have to pay more. It is more like hiring an adult "mother's helper" and $15 would probably be the lowest you could offer, and probably need to offer closer to $20.

sra

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 4:39 pm
Amother bisque is right
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry