Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Is it safe to put my sheitel in a ponytail or to use clips?

MrsMalka

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 10:40 pm
I just bought my first sheitel and am wearing it - for the first time - and am a bit confused about how things work.

Is it safe to pull it back and tie it in a ponytail? Alternatively, could I use hair clips to keep the hair out of my face? I'm not used to having hair covering my face and not being able to move much.

This is the sheitel: https://cosmowigs.com/products.....r-2-6

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 10:58 pm
What do you mean safe?

MrsMalka

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:01 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
What do you mean safe?

Would this damage my sheitel?

happy chick

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:02 pm
Wow! Good for you! So many brochos come from covering your hair. You should be showered with all the brochos you need, and then some.
You can do it however you'd like. A pony is hard to get right , it also gets heavy and can begin to slip back off your head. But if you can work it out, go for it.
Clips are good too, however you like to style it.
And the sheitel looks beautiful, enjoy it well!

happy chick

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:04 pm
MrsMalka wrote:
Would this damage my sheitel?

It won't do permanent damage. The clips may make a line, same it would in your hair. But after a wash , it will come out.

MrsMalka

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:04 pm
happy chick wrote:
Wow! Good for you! So many brochos come from covering your hair. You should be showered with all the brochos you need, and then some.
You can do it however you'd like. A pony is hard to get right , it also gets heavy and can begin to slip back off your head. But if you can work it out, go for it.
Clips are good too, however you like to style it.
And the sheitel looks beautiful, enjoy it well!

Thank you so much! I'm a BT and I really needed your chizuk Smile

itsmeima

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:10 pm
Good for you, it's beautiful!

Sure! Treat your wig as if it's your hair.

SuperWify

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:23 pm
You can wear it in a pony but it might be too heavy and feel uncomfortable.

Can I ask you about this site- is the hair good?

aliavi

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:25 pm
You can wear a pony or bun comfortably if you have had wefts removed. This is my fav style in the winter with an ear warmer band so I don’t have a tangled mess with my coat.

MrsMalka

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:28 pm
SuperWify wrote:
You can wear it in a pony but it might be too heavy and feel uncomfortable.

Can I ask you about this site- is the hair good?

I was just wearing it in a ponytail and I thought it looked & felt fabulous! However, this wig is way shorter than my natural hair - which I oft wear in a ponytail - so my comfort standards are low.

Is the site good? Well, this is the first and only sheitel I have ever felt, so I'm not the best person to ask. However, I am very, very pleased and everyone seems to like it so far. I would never be willing to spend thousands on a sheitel, but that's just my taste. To each her own.

MrsMalka

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:30 pm
aliavi wrote:
You can wear a pony or bun comfortably if you have had wefts removed. This is my fav style in the winter with an ear warmer band so I don’t have a tangled mess with my coat.

I don't know what wefts are. Also, I have had nothing removed - this sheitel literally just arrived in the mail a few hours ago.

amother
Black

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:35 pm
MrsMalka wrote:
I don't know what wefts are. Also, I have had nothing removed - this sheitel literally just arrived in the mail a few hours ago.

It’s the rows of hair. On the link it showed your sheitel was thick. If it’s similar to your own hair it must be the best look for you and you won’t mind the thickness. If it was thinned with wefts removed you may not need clips or a pony. Wear it for at least a month or two before making changes.

MrsMalka

Post Mon, May 18 2020, 11:37 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
It’s the rows of hair. On the link it showed your sheitel was thick. If it’s similar to your own hair it must be the best look for you and you won’t mind the thickness. If it was thinned with wefts removed you may not need clips or a pony. Wear it for at least a month or two before making changes.

I heard most people get their sheitels "cut and set" when they first buy them. I don't really know why I would cut a new product... I also don't know what the word "set" means... could you please enlighten me?

amother
Silver

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 9:41 am
Set means washed and styled- blow dried/curled- which most ppl don't want to try without really knowing how.
Attempting to wash and style without knowing how, what to use, etc is what damages a sheitel.
And also brushing too harshly. It will pull out the hair
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels