Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Am I the only one staying home in Boro Park?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 12:31 am
My family has been staying home since March. I leave the house only once a week for groceries, using proper precautions. I hear my neighbors kids playing outside every afternoon. They all go somewhere for the first part of the day. My relatives and friends tell me the stores are busy, they're certainly all shopping. I'm starting to wonder, is anyone else here in Boro Pzrk staying home these days? Am I the only one?!?

itsmeima

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 12:35 am
No, you are not alone!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 1:19 am
We were home until really recently

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 1:23 am
Yes until a week or two ago everyone took it seriously.
The joke is over now.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 1:39 am
You're not alone. We are still home.

yidisheh mama

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 1:46 am
Still home, too! My 3 year old asked me (after looking out the window) if the neighbors don't know about coronavirus.

Just One

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 1:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My family has been staying home since March. I leave the house only once a week for groceries, using proper precautions. I hear my neighbors kids playing outside every afternoon. They all go somewhere for the first part of the day. My relatives and friends tell me the stores are busy, they're certainly all shopping. I'm starting to wonder, is anyone else here in Boro Pzrk staying home these days? Am I the only one?!?

Even official government guidelines recommends going outside for some exercise and fresh air daily. For your kids' sake I hope you have a decent sized backyard or some outdoor space.
We were strict with distancing until about two weeks ago. At this point it is unsustainable and I've let go. BP

giselle

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 1:59 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Yes until a week or two ago everyone took it seriously.
The joke is over now.

It certainly was never and is still not a joke. I do think however that it is time to start opening up.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 2:10 am
We are home too! And my kid was wondering the same. All our neighbor's kids are out playing together.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:15 am
I was home until this week.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:19 am
You can’t see us because we’re home too...

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:30 am
I live in BP and Im home except for grocery shopping too.

I think older people are taking it more seriously, longer.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 7:34 am
You're not alone!

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 7:40 am
giselle wrote:
It certainly was never and is still not a joke. I do think however that it is time to start opening up.

It wasn’t a joke, but it’s turning into one. A very sad joke that’s hurting a lot of people. It won’t be easy to undo the hurt.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:35 am
We’re still home. We go out daily in the backyard for fresh air and exercise, but otherwise we are home!

watergirl

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:54 am
Please do not keep your kids locked up in the house!! They need fresh air. Take them out. Go to a place with wide open spaces and let them enjoy nature. Get in the car and drive to a nature hike and do it.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 8:58 am
watergirl wrote:
Please do not keep your kids locked up in the house!! They need fresh air. Take them out. Go to a place with wide open spaces and let them enjoy nature. Get in the car and drive to a nature hike and do it.

This!
I’ve been home too since the beginning. My husband goes to the grocery (I went once instead of him) but I’m outside every. Single. Day. I take my kids on their bikes or with a ball and we play where no neighbors are. If neighbors are out on our street we either go later when they’re all inside already or we go somewhere else in the car where there is no one around (areas of Prospect park are great for bike riding.).

Get creative without being around people.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 9:03 am
Only today I went into a store for the first time to buy hair dye Walgreens was empty

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 9:13 am
watergirl wrote:

Wide open spaces? They closed the local parks and beaches. Unfortunately we live too far to walk to prospect park. Don't want to chances the germs in a rental or cab. Not looking for advice, just being realistic I feel for those with bigger kids. Mine are all still little enough they haven't noticed so much.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 9:15 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
It wasn’t a joke, but it’s turning into one. A very sad joke that’s hurting a lot of people. It won’t be easy to undo the hurt.

This is what I meant when I said the joke is over.
We all know how serious the situation was. But bh its been a quiet minute and our irresponsible politicians have no intention of opening even a bit. (In a safe manner obviously. We aren’t asking for much )

So we’re doing it ourselves, undercover.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics