Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Devorah
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 2:40 pm
Does anyone have any ideas of A name similar to Devorah? My husbands Grandmother was Devorah but I really don't like the name. Is there anything with a similar meaning that anyone knows of?
Alternatively what middle names can go with Devorah that have a nice sound together to make the whole thing sound nicer ?

behappy2

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 2:44 pm
Miriam Devorah

Devorah Leah

Sora Devorah

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 2:52 pm
Tziporah

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 2:57 pm
I love Devorah! People go by Debra or Debby, but I like the classic Devorah.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 2:58 pm
Following.
My sister AND sister in law are both Devorahs too.
I honestly do NOT want to name a baby Devorah....

So sick of the name. But DH loves it and it's meaningful to him. TMI

amother
Silver

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:12 pm
Dobrush Very Happy

Devasha Very Happy

Sorry. It's a tough one. Devora Leah and say it fast so it's Devoraleah? Dina starts with a D but different meaning. Devora was a Neviah. Maybe read up on her so you'll appreciate the name more? Would Dh be ok if you just give it as a middle name and call her by the first name so they don't even have to sound good together?

Ahuva Devora

Shalva Devora

Naomi Devora

Rus Devora etc.

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:15 pm
Do you like Devory?

Radish

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:16 pm
Nicknames Rorie Vora Vori Devi
Another vote for devora leah: beautiful combination

amother
Denim

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:23 pm
I never realized before how insulting these baby name discussions can be. My name is Devorah and I've always loved my name. I love who I'm named after, a strong woman who led Bnei Yisroel. I love the way Israelis say my name.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:27 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I never realized before how insulting these baby name discussions can be. My name is Devorah and I've always loved my name. I love who I'm named after, a strong woman who lead Bnei Yisroel. I love the way Israelis say my name.

It's my name too and while I love who the name stands for, I don't love the sound of it a bit too long for my taste. I prefer a nickname like Debby etc

amother
Denim

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:30 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
It's my name too and while I love who the name stands for, I don't love the sound of it a bit too long for my taste. I prefer a nickname like Debby etc

Cute! I've heard of DV as well.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:33 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I never realized before how insulting these baby name discussions can be. My name is Devorah and I've always loved my name. I love who I'm named after, a strong woman who lead Bnei Yisroel. I love the way Israelis say my name.

PLEASE DO NOT BE INSULTED!!! its all about associations! I gave my daughter 2 names. One miriam and one really strange name. It was after a grandmother. People think im looney for calling her this oddball name but guess what? I have a negative association with the name Miriam and cant stomach calling my kid that!

zaq

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:37 pm
Please, not Devi, which is the name of a Hindu mother-goddess.

How about Tomer Devorah, which means literally "the date palm of Devorah", the tree under which Devorah held court. If Tomer sounds too masculine (it's used for either gender) or too modern Israeli for you, make it Tamar Devorah.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:45 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I never realized before how insulting these baby name discussions can be. My name is Devorah and I've always loved my name. I love who I'm named after, a strong woman who led Bnei Yisroel. I love the way Israelis say my name.

I'm so sorry I didn't intend to insult anyone and I guess I didn't think of how it might feel for someone with the name. My apologies. Honestly I'm very allergic to bees and think that might be part of my negative association...

dankbar

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:53 pm
Anything that's related to bees-honey-sweet

metuka, zissy, dvasha-for dvash, tamar-sweet dates,

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:55 pm
my hebrew name is deovrah years ago someone told me in isreal its an old fashion name
I like my name
devorah leah sounds good together im named after my grandma

Radish

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 3:58 pm
zaq wrote:
Please, not Devi, which is the name of a Hindu mother-goddess.

Wouldn't that would be day-vee?

amother
Denim

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm so sorry I didn't intend to insult anyone and I guess I didn't think of how it might feel for someone with the name. My apologies. Honestly I'm very allergic to bees and think that might be part of my negative association...

LOL! That might be the funniest reason I've ever heard. Carry on! Good luck with the name stuff!

amother
Wine

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:21 pm
You can always name two and go with the initials or even Devorah and go with "Dee"

Mayflower

Post Tue, May 19 2020, 4:27 pm
Not the same meaning, but you could name her Devorah and just call her Ora ?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names