Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Litvish in Toms River
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 1:27 pm
Which parts of Toms River have litvishe (originally from Lakewood)families age 35 and older?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 1:29 pm
Do you only want Toms River or are you open to Jackson as well?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 1:29 pm
I know someone looking for the same thing. She likes the lifestyle there and wants a lot of property and a pool. Shes been looking for 3 years and shes still in lkwd. Idk that it exists

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 1:35 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Do you only want Toms River or are you open to Jackson as well?

Yes open to Jackson

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 1:36 pm
I think the area of medjay is more litvish
Vincenzo area is a very nice area, very warm welcoming community, mostly chasdidish but also some litvish

amother
Black

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 1:38 pm
Talleymor
Near riverwood Park. Also a Sephardi yeshivish community there.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 1:38 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Vincenzo area is a very nice area, very warm welcoming community, mostly chasdidish but also some litvish

Thanks. Prefer a predominately litvish area for shul reasons as well as my kids schools having transportation. I send to very mainstream litvish Lakewood schools.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 1:40 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Talleymor
Near riverwood Park. Also a Sephardi yeshivish community there.

Tallymawr is mostly younger. Not 35 plus and from my understanding more heimishe and more development like. I prefer more privacy and more litvish background.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 1:42 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I know someone looking for the same thing. She likes the lifestyle there and wants a lot of property and a pool. Shes been looking for 3 years and shes still in lkwd. Idk that it exists

It’s a shame. If more In this age bracket and background would consider Moving there than there would be a following.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 1:46 pm
Look at your older children class lists. I doubt you'll find addresses in TR. Maybe your younger kids will have... my primary daughter has about half her class in TR and Jackson in a very American litvish lkwd school. All oldest and 2nd to oldest..

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 1:48 pm
Pitney, Melissa lee/Westlake area in Jackson - 35 and up is on the older end but there are definitely people that age.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 1:54 pm
Pitney, Melissa lee/Westlake area in Jackson - 35 and up is on the older end but there are definitely people that age.

Yes I know about pitney But there’s very little available there. Looked for long time. Melissa lee is younger I believe. There are ppl mid 40s living there ?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 1:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes I know about pitney But there’s very little available there. Looked for long time. Melissa lee is younger I believe. There are ppl mid 40s living there ?

Westlake runs alongside Melissa lee and it’s essentially the same neighborhood. Just slightly bigger houses. On Westlake there are a number of people in high 30s, 40s. Melissa Lee itself has a handful of people mid to high 30s and I think one or two people mid 40s. I’d say between the two blocks there are about 10-12 families mid 30s and up. It’s probably mostly litvish, but there are really all types.

ETA - in the 40+ group of people, I think it’s more mixed type wise

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 2:14 pm
Westlake runs alongside Melissa lee and it’s essentially the same neighborhood. Just slightly bigger houses. On Westlake there are a number of people in high 30s, 40s. Melissa Lee itself has a handful of people mid to high 30s and I think one or two people mid 40s. I’d say between the two blocks there are about 10-12 families mid 30s and up. It’s probably mostly litvish, but there are really all types.

ETA - in the 40+ group of people, I think it’s more mixed type wise

I hear. When you say mixed you mean litvish vs chassidish?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 2:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Chasidish, heimish, JPF, litvish, Sephardi..

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 2:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My sister lives in that area (there aren't so many people so not being more specific) - Melissa Lee/Westlake and while her husband is somewhat heimish and her son goes to Chassidish-style yeshiva, her daughters do not - they go to regular Litvish school.

Maybe that's what she means by mixed.

And they are in uppper 30's.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 3:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Tallymawr is mostly younger. Not 35 plus and from my understanding more heimishe and more development like. I prefer more privacy and more litvish background.

Tallymawr is mostly younger but there is a nice amount of upper 30's as well. Privacy there is not an issue and I don't think it's more development like than any other neighborhoods (besides that the houses are similar too each other) The majority is litvish and not heimish.
Jackson does sound like a better fit for you though.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 3:49 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Look at your older children class lists. I doubt you'll find addresses in TR. Maybe your younger kids will have... my primary daughter has about half her class in TR and Jackson in a very American litvish lkwd school. All oldest and 2nd to oldest..

Those areas would be a younger age bracket than ..

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 4:29 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

Can you give more info on medjay area?

naturalmom5

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 4:49 pm
Three of my friends , very yeshivish, who lived in West Gate for years , real Old Lakewood, moved to Vermont, near North Maple
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries