Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
People coming to look at my vacant bsmt apt

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:36 pm
My apt is avail for rent for 7 weeks now. Its advertised and I get a lot of calls. Im letting people in to see it on their own because of social distancing. I can not count on all my fingers and all my toes and all my husbands fingers and toes how many people called, asked questions, drove us a little crazy, came to look and didnt so much as call or send a text or any type of follow up that they werent interested. Getting a little sick of the entitled attitude. If this is LH pls tell me.
Just venting

Hillery

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:39 pm
I know, I've had similar experiences with things I'm involved in. Nowadays I usually explicitly ask anyone who makes inquiries to please let me know if even if they decide not to.

I think people don't do it in their own because they're uncomfortable rejecting somebody, but they don't realise not saying anything is much worse. And anyone who offers something anyway expects to get inquiries which don't lead anywhere.

WhatFor

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 9:01 pm
Sounds stressful. What questions were people asking you and is it something that can be included in the ad next time to avoid unnecessary calls?

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 9:33 pm
Yes welcome to the world. I deal with clients all the time who drive me crazy asking for pictures and hundreds of others questions that are all easily accessible on my website and in my instagram. Most of the time they don’t bother responding with a thank you, but I’m not interested... after I send them millions of pictures and answer countless of questions.

But that’s business.

amother
Red

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 11:19 pm
Where are you located? I know a kala who is looking

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 11:26 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Where are you located? I know a kala who is looking

Lkwd. Its listed in the masa umatan with hundreds of others. If shes here she should have no problem finding something and if she wants in my neighborhood shell see us listed!

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 11:29 pm
If they dont call thats a no. I'm in Lkwd too and recently had an apt for rent. Two ppl called to say "thanks for showing but we decided against it" and I thought it was annoying. I'm busy, getting texts and calls all day..if you want it call, if not not.

So I totally dont relate.

liveandlove.ima

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 11:32 pm
Yeah people take things for granted... you should maybe say "please let us know if you are or are not interested"
Also, Just a thought they may not feel the need to update because its so easily accessible and no-one personally represented. because if you/anyone is present they would be like. "okay, will let you know if we need it"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette