Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Going from tristate to Cleveland for Shavuos?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 9:19 pm
My parents were devastated that we couldn't spend Pesach with them this year. They've been pushing us to come to them for Shavuos instead now that things are improving with corona. I'm hesitant... would love to hear if anyone else is going to parents out of town (or even in town) for Shavuos?

amother
White

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 9:27 pm
I do know that the Cleveland rabbonim are saying absolutely no out of town visitors are permitted in shuls, though they will iy”H be opening for Cleveland residents. So if you do come, please don’t have your husband daven in shul.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 9:37 pm
Please please don’t come! Keep our community safe.

fleetwood

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 9:39 pm
Please don't go! Things are much better in NY ,can't say the same for Cleveland! You may catch the virus there and bring it back home

amother
White

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 9:46 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Please don't go! Things are much better in NY ,can't say the same for Cleveland! You may catch the virus there and bring it back home

I don’t know anyone in Cleveland who currently has the virus! That why the governor is slowly reopening things. I’m more nervous about tri-state visitors!

And OP, I don’t live near any family. I haven’t seen parents or any relatives since Chanukah time. And unfortunately that’s not changing any time soon.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:05 pm
I'm also from cleveland and love in the tristar area. Parents are begging us to come but sh has no one to learn w there and rather go to his family and learn with brothers. We r thinking abt this shabos since memorial day

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:10 pm
fleetwood wrote:

🤔, ohio has an average of roughly 500 new cases a day, while NY had its lowest day with 1250 new cases . Not sure where you get that Ohio has it worse.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:11 pm
fleetwood wrote:

🤔, ohio has an average of roughly 500 new cases a day, while NY had its lowest day with 1250 new cases . Not sure where you get that Ohio has it worse. But by all means, whatever logic keeps you in Ny please use.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My parents were devastated that we couldn't spend Pesach with them this year. They've been pushing us to come to them for Shavuos instead now that things are improving with corona. I'm hesitant... would love to hear if anyone else is going to parents out of town (or even in town) for Shavuos?

I live in Cleveland.

Every case in the frum community here can be traced to ppl who went to or came from tristate area (chasunahs in Lkwd before things shut, bochurim who came home when Yeshiva shut, etc. And in MO community-from AIPAC.)

There is a HAC rebbi who is still very sick with covid19. Sad

(And there was a kid with the kawasaki like disease, who is now fine BH.)

We BH BH BH didn't get it bad here, but we are NOT IMMUNE!!!

Please don't carry the virus here.

You should ask your parents' rov in Cleveland.

Regardless, your dh should NOT attend any minyanim, and you and yours shouldn't be out and about, going to stores and socializing here with the neighbors.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:25 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
I don’t know anyone in Cleveland who currently has the virus! That why the governor is slowly reopening things. I’m more nervous about tri-state visitors.

Rabbi M, a HAC rebbi, from CH currently has the virus, and has been hospitalized for a very long time.
Please daven for Avrohom Menachem Mendel ben Baila, who is in need of our tefillos.

amother
White

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:35 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Rabbi M, a HAC rebbi, from CH currently has the virus, and has been hospitalized for a very long time.
Please daven for Avrohom Menachem Mendel ben Baila, who is in need of our tefillos.

Thanks for letting me know. I hadn’t heard. He should have a refuah shleimah!

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:38 pm
fleetwood wrote:

I can't figure out why you posted this both here and on the Boca thread. I mean, you know that the numbers in NY were and still are the worst in the US, right? It's nothing personal. No one thinks you are dirty or unhygienic. It's just a statistical probability that someone can easily transmit the virus when it's so widespread where they're traveling from.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 11:38 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I can't figure out why you feel the need to go on every thread about a city outside the tri state area and repeat this. I mean, you know that the numbers in NY were and still are the worst in the US, right? It's nothing personal. No one thinks you are dirty or unhygienic. It's just a statistical probability that someone can easily transmit the virus when it's so widespread where they're traveling from.

Actually statistically, there were 378 new diagnosed cases in NYC on May 18. With a population of 8.5 million, only .0044% of the population was diagnosed. Ohio has 531 newly diagnosed cases on the same day. With a population of 11.69 million, .0045% of the population were diagnosed. So actually you were slightly more likely to be diagnosed in Ohio than in NYC.

But sure, go around spreading lies and misinformation.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/......page

Everyone has to make their own decisions about traveling. Plenty of people are flying ala the pictures of packed planes. Live in Ohio and don't want to get it? Don't go outside. You have an equal chance of being infected by a fellow statesman as you do a New Yorker.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 12:15 am
I'm in the same boat as you OP. My in-laws are begging us to come. We've all been pretty serious abt SD her in the tristate. I'm so torn about what to do.

southernbubby

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 12:35 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
I don’t know anyone in Cleveland who currently has the virus! That why the governor is slowly reopening things. I’m more nervous about tri-state visitors!

And OP, I don’t live near any family. I haven’t seen parents or any relatives since Chanukah time. And unfortunately that’s not changing any time soon.

I know 3 people who came down with it in Cleveland, starting this past Friday.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 12:47 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Actually statistically, there were 378 new diagnosed cases in NYC on May 18. With a population of 8.5 million, only .0044% of the population was diagnosed. Ohio has 531 newly diagnosed cases on the same day. With a population of 11.69 million, .0045% of the population were diagnosed. So actually you were slightly more likely to be diagnosed in Ohio than in NYC.

Everyone has to make their own decisions about traveling. Plenty of people are flying ala the pictures of packed planes. Live in Ohio and don't want to get it? Don't go outside. You have an equal chance of being infected by a fellow statesman as you do a New Yorker.

This. An average of one half of one percent of the population was sick in NY. Cases are higher but we have far more people. We have higher population density too. New Yorkers did their part. We aren’t all diseased.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 3:40 am
I’m staying home. For the sake of my parents and the community. Just because they are improving does not mean it’s risk free.
Side note, There were people who came from NY for Pesach and it caused a chillul Hashem when non Jews saw them. The people were regular visitors so non Jews recognized them and Even the mayor came out and said something.

notshanarishona

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 6:58 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:

. You are comparing NYC to the whole state of Ohio?? That’s not exactly an equal comparison. We are either comparing state wide which is less than 500 to around 1500 or by city where NYC has a few hundred and Cleveland has less than 100 new.

fleetwood

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 7:40 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
🤔, ohio has an average of roughly 500 new cases a day, while NY had its lowest day with 1250 new cases . Not sure where you get that Ohio has it worse.

I never said worse. I said please don't go somewhere and bring the virus back to us . I don't want new cases spreading in New York .

fleetwood

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 7:42 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I can't figure out why you feel the need to go on every thread about a city outside the tri state area and repeat this. I mean, you know that the numbers in NY were and still are the worst in the US, right? It's nothing personal. No one thinks you are dirty or unhygienic. It's just a statistical probability that someone can easily transmit the virus when it's so widespread where they're traveling from.

You must have me confused with someone else. I have barely posted on any virus threads and definitely not on threads discussing other areas. Please retract your statement,it's a lie
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics