Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Anyone use billing software for tuition collection

My4Jewels

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 10:12 pm
Hi!

Is anyone a director owner of a preschool? Or home based daycare?

How do you keep track of payments? I have parents who pay monthly, some who pay for the whole year up front or half the year, some who want to add on hours mid year or give registration for the following year. And I'm not on top of all this! Is there a software that you recommend?

I dont feel like quickbooks is really set up for daycares ..

Bonus if you can keep track of people who have looked at your program and you need to follow up with them

Thanks for any of your ideas!!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 11:57 pm
Try Edminify I know a few schools use them and are very happy with their software

My4Jewels

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 12:06 am
Ok thanks I’ll check it out!

I hope it’s inexpensive .. I didn’t think this would be so hard to find lol

amother
Peach

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 1:32 am
My4Jewels wrote:
Hi!

Is anyone a director owner of a preschool? Or home based daycare?

How do you keep track of payments? I have parents who pay monthly, some who pay for the whole year up front or half the year, some who want to add on hours mid year or give registration for the following year. And I'm not on top of all this! Is there a software that you recommend?

I dont feel like quickbooks is really set up for daycares ..

Bonus if you can keep track of people who have looked at your program and you need to follow up with them

Thanks for any of your ideas!!

In QBs you use the invoice feature and customer profile. You can write notes regarding the payment like adding hours or months paid. It makes it easy for tax letters at the end of the year. They do have advisors to help with setup and use.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 1:36 am
A google sheet. Don't learn from me!

bisbettertheni

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 5:35 pm
I know some people (schools) use admire but all of these school software are going to be pretty pricey. I don’t see why Quickbooks wouldn’t help you. You can get Quickbooks desktop for a onetime purchase of a couple hundred (and use it to track expenses etc)You can set up invoices based on how the parent will pay. For example either you could make an invoice for let’s say 4k at the beg. Of the year if parents will pay a lump sum or Make payments inconsistently or you can set up a memorized invoice for 400 a month (and set the due date to early in the month) you can pull up accounts receivable reports of all different shapes and sizes to see people’s balance, if they are past due, just their payments etc

sallysaucer

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 10:58 pm
I work in a school and use admire for tuition. I wouldn't recommend it for a playgroup.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 8:55 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Try Edminify I know a few schools use them and are very happy with their software

I am curious to know which schools use Edminify. Do they pass the fees on to the parents or does the school absorb the fees?

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:03 pm
Edminify charges a fee for paying by credit card which my schools didn't when they did the tuition in house
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics