Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Suggestions on where to move?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:32 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Highland Park/Edison NJ is the most diverse Jewish community that I know of, religiously, economically and culturally. In your price range, you would be looking at a smaller, older home. Highland Park is a quaint small town with kosher eateries and parks for biking, and is contiguous with Edison, a larger suburban town. Keep in mind that taxes are high in NJ.

amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Edison, NJ. The JCC is pretty diverse and accepting. They also service the surrounding areas of Jersey as well.

Rubber Ducky wrote:
Baltimore has other mixed racial families, and overall is a very accepting place. It also has a strong home-schooling community. There are homes here that fit your budget.

Wonderful, thank you! I really appreciate the suggestions and insight.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:33 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
Passaic? Baltimore? Waterbury?

We've thought about Passaic, I don't know much about Waterbury but I'd be willing to check it out.

doctorima

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:34 pm
Another vote for Baltimore. It's probably a bit larger than you're looking for, but it checks all your other boxes in terms of being a thriving Jewish community with all the amenities you could ever want, but also a real warm, open, nonjudgmental OOT vibe where you'd fit in well and feel comfortable. Extremely affordable housing options is the icing on the cake!

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:38 pm
doctorima wrote:
Another vote for Baltimore. It's probably a bit larger than you're looking for, but it checks all your other boxes in terms of being a thriving Jewish community with all the amenities you could ever want, but also a real warm, open, nonjudgmental OOT vibe where you'd fit in well and feel comfortable. Extremely affordable housing options is the icing on the cake!

We can live with bigger, it'll definitely be nice to be someplace with a more thriving Jewish community and getting a break from cooking! Plus there are smaller places that aren't too far from Baltimore that we could go away too if we need a break from "city life" haha, I will definitely be adding Baltimore to our list of places to check out, thank you so much!

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 8:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I saw you post about your community on another thread and earlier today before I wrote this South Bend randomly popped into my head while I was making breakfast so I'm definitely not going to rule it out! We would ideally like to be on the east coast but we're open to other suggestions as well. I do have family in Michigan so South Bend would only be 3 hours away from some of my cousins which is close to us haha. Before quarantine we would drive that far regularly to visit family where we currently are.

If you have family in Michigan, the Detroit community is lovely.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 9:44 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
If you have family in Michigan, the Detroit community is lovely.

Yes, I have a lot of cousins in Detroit and one in Ann Arbor! They all love Michigan.

Rappel

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 11:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Also our ds is extremely friendly, happy literally like 98.5% of the time and genuinely does not understand when people are mean. Like he understands when people say/do mean things he just doesn't understand why someone would willingly choose to be unkind so I don't think his personality is the best fit.

That's my DS too. He's just turned 4. Should they be friends? Smile

We're already on the Israeli side, but for East coast, I've heard lovely things about Atlanta. Check it out?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating