Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
S/o where to move- EDISON/HP tell me about it

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 5:49 pm
I saw someone asking where to move and a bunch of comments telling her her about edison and highland park. My husband is in the medical field and for a little bit now we were considering moving to the area because were being told its great for his profession. All talk was put on hold when corona hit but were hoping to revisit the idea and possibly come visit the area and move within the next yr or 18 months. I dont want to out myself as I do know a few HP ladies who are much older than me but dont know anyone in my age range. So im wondering- is there a community of JPF/open minded yeshivish families in the area? Wed love to buy a frum friendly house (4 bdrms or so and a yard) budget will prob be in the 500k range
We are high 20s/low 30s and have a few little kids, under 7 years old.. how are the schools? Were very accepting and dont mind diverse but would also love some friends for our kids with a similar hashkafah to us (no TV etc)
Any additional info that will be good for me to know? TIA!!

Riffy

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 12:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I saw someone asking where to move and a bunch of comments telling her her about edison and highland park. My husband is in the medical field and for a little bit now we were considering moving to the area because were being told its great for his profession. All talk was put on hold when corona hit but were hoping to revisit the idea and possibly come visit the area and move within the next yr or 18 months. I dont want to out myself as I do know a few HP ladies who are much older than me but dont know anyone in my age range. So im wondering- is there a community of JPF/open minded yeshivish families in the area? Wed love to buy a frum friendly house (4 bdrms or so and a yard) budget will prob be in the 500k range
We are high 20s/low 30s and have a few little kids, under 7 years old.. how are the schools? Were very accepting and dont mind diverse but would also love some friends for our kids with a similar hashkafah to us (no TV etc)
Any additional info that will be good for me to know? TIA!!

PM me, I’m in that age range, live in Edison/Highland Park and I would love to help answer all your questions !!

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 1:14 am
My parents have lived there for like 30 years. I grew up there. It is nice to see how it has grown.
a really lovely place.

grivky

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 2:39 am
Based on what you wrote, HP/Edison sounds like what you’re looking for. Lots of young families with similar hashkafic views. Some young “open yeshivish” families live in the “crossways” in Edison (near Price Dr in Edison), but there are also some that live throughout Highland Park. I happen to know of 2 beautiful houses for sale/ rent that would fit your description. Pm me if you want more information about the houses.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating