Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Seminary group info???

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 11:24 pm
Are there group chats of incoming seminary girls for a particular seminary? How does one find out about that?
For example, we are trying to find out some info, particularly about the group flight... We would prefer to use our mileage points to pay for our daughter's flight but want to get her on the same plane as the rest of the girls...
Things like that...
Thank you!

amother
Olive

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 12:51 am
There are two separate things here - a group for girls and/or parents, and communication from the seminary itself. As far as I know, the seminaries arrange flights through travel agencies and then the parents can opt in. Talk to the seminary. As for a WhatsApp group, reach out to parents of other girls going to the seminary.

Obviously, things are different this year. No one knows for sure when non-citizens will be allowed into Israel. (Was May 31, pushed back to June 20). When they arrive, they may still be subject to two weeks of quarantine. So programs are hoping to open on time, but with no guarantees.

The one-year open-ended tickets through El Al have a very high change fee, and right now El Al isn't being very flexible about it. As far as I know, booking a ticket now would be risky, unless it's fully refundable.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 7:58 am
Thank you, Yes, the seminary will give me the name of the travel agency booking the flight for me to contact them. The travel agency though, does not want to give us the exact flight number or details about it - understandably, because they would rather that we book our flight through them rather than using our mileage. This is one of the reasons why we wanted to see if there was a group for parents to chat or discuss about different things pertaining to seminary... not just for the sole purpose of the flight, but for other things as well. We only know two other people going to this seminary from my daughter's (small) class, therefore, we were hoping to join a chat with a larger group of parents or sending their daughters there as well.
Thank you for the information and the heads up about the tickets!

amother
Olive

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 8:02 am
This is a red flag for me, honestly. Both the seminary and the travel agent should be forthcoming about their plans.

I hope that's the last hurdle to overcome, and that your daughter has a wonderful year.

Frenchfry

Post Fri, May 22 2020, 8:41 am
If you PM me I can give you info
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics