Home

Why Joe why?
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Cheiny

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 5:06 pm
genius wrote:
How do you defend the nursing home policy and the mostly empty navy ship( didn’t Trump send it to help the overburdened NY hospitals?) and Javitz center?

Don’t waste your time. The other side isn’t interested in discussing anything if they can’t blame Trump,,,

Cheiny

Post  Fri, May 22 2020, 5:11 pm
genius wrote:
Trump is looking for ways to open the economy while the dems are looking for reasons to keep it closed. That’s the deciding factor for me.
You choose policies you care about to make your own decision

Dems are looking to keep things closed for one reason and one reason only: they’re well aware that Trump’s record breaking economy before the pandemic hit was a sure win for him, and they now understand equally well that their only hope for not being laughed out of their jobs for running as pathetic a candidate as Biden is, is to try to keep everything shut down so the economic numbers don’t go back up, as they see that as a win for Trump! How anyone is naive enough to not see this, and more so to not be disgusted and appalled that Dems care only about their own political power than they do about the lives and safety of the American people, is startling.

Jeanette wrote:
Because Cuomo isn't on the ballot. And most voters don't live in New York State. So even if you are convinced it's all Cuomo's fault and Trump couldn't have done a thing about it, it doesn't really persuade voters that Trump should get another 4 years.

What was the federal government's nursing home policy? Did they have one and Cuomo just ignored it? Did Trump try to convince Cuomo that his nursing home policy was bad and Cuomo just decided not to listen?

Why is it that you refuse to discuss any topic at hand without turning it onto Trump?

Squishy wrote:
How about him recognizing that houses of worship are essential, while the g-dless Democrats are murdering grandmas?

Like I said, I’m waiting to see how the frum jews here will spin that point into something negative, but you can be sure they’ll try.
But how about we get back to the subject at hand, BIDEN (before the liberals turned it into being the usual bash-Trump fest....

Biden’s Histort of Racist Remarks:
Joe Biden made waves Friday when he said that African-Americans unsure of whether they should vote for President Trump or him “ain’t black,” but it was hardly the first time the 77-year-old has come under criticism for a racially charged remark.

Here's a look at past controversies over Biden's comments:

May 2020: “You ain’t black.”

In an interview with “The Breakfast Club,” the presumptive Democratic nominee told host Charlamagne tha God, “I tell you if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,” before defending his record with the black community.

August 2019: “Poor kids” just as bright as “white kids”

At a campaign event in Iowa, Biden told supporters “poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” He quickly corrected himself after some applause by adding: “Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids.”

June 2019: “The kid wearing a hoodie.”

While discussing the need for criminal justice reform at a luncheon last year, Biden said people must continue to work to recognize black as equals so that African American mothers, like the mother of Trayvon Martin who was shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer in Florida in 2012, no longer have to fear their sons will be shot when they go outside.

We've got to recognize that the kid wearing a hoodie may very well be the next poet laureate and not a gangbanger," Biden said.

Biden quickly drew criticism for his use of the word “gangbanger.” Former presidential candidate Cory Booker said Biden “needs to have the language to talk about race in a far more constructive way.”

BIDEN SAYS 'YOU AIN'T BLACK' IF TORN BETWEEN HIM AND TRUMP

June 2019: Biden touts his work with segregationist senators

Biden was slammed by fellow Democrats after invoking his ability decades ago to work with two segregationist southern senators to “get things done.”

Biden brought up the names of Sens. Eastland of Mississippi and Herman Talmadge of Georgia while speaking at a fundraiser Tuesday in New York City. Eastland and Talmadge, two senior members in the Senate when Biden arrived in the chamber in 1973, were firmly opposed to desegregation efforts.

“I was in a caucus with James O. Eastland,” Biden said as he briefly imitated the late senator’s southern drawl. “He never called me boy. He always called me son.”

But discussing the “civility” in the Senate during the 1970s, Biden said: “Well guess what? At least there was some civility. We got things done. We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done. We got it finished. But today, you look at the other side and you’re the enemy. Not the opposition, the enemy. We don't talk to each other anymore.”

Sens. Cory Booker, Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren, also running for president at the time, raised serious concerns.

August 2012: “Put y’all back in chains”

Then-Vice President Biden told a Virginia audience that then-Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s financial regulation lifts would "put y'all back in chains."

"He said in the first 100 days, he's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules," Biden said. "Unchain Wall Street! They're gonna put y'all back in chains."

February 2007: Obama is "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean”

Biden, while running for the 2008 presidency, issued what he thought was praise of then-Senator Barack Obama, saying he was "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean."

Biden apologized for the statement at the Democratic National Committee’s winter meeting. "I want to say that I truly regret that the words I spoke offended people that I admire very much," he said.

BIDEN EXPRESS REGRET OVER BARACK OBAMA COMMENTS

2006: "You can't go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent"

Biden, then a senator of Delaware, can be seen in a clip talking to a man who appears to be of Indian descent. “In Delaware the largest growth in population is Indian Americans,” Biden said. “You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”

#BestBubby

Post  Sat, May 23 2020, 11:01 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Nice deflection.

Please answer the actual question. (And admit your charecterization of Biden's comments was false).

I answered the question, but I will repeat it again in more detail to help you understand.
Dr. Faucci, whom the DEMOCRAT's Tout as the Coronavirus Expert agreed that Trump's Travel Ban SAVED LIVES. Here is the excerpt from the Fox News Interview:

Hannity: The Travel Ban...Do you believe it likely prevented thousands of Americans from contracting the virus and was a smart thing to do?

FAUCI: Yes, I think there is no question if we had not done that in a timely way, there would have been many more travel-related cases from China...So I think doing that saved us a lot of concern and a lot of suffering.....But the unique situation with China back at the end of December, the beginning of January was that they were the sole source of that at first. And to block them from coming in was unquestionable the right move.

And Biden DID oppose Trump's travel ban and call Trump Xenophobic

Former Vice President Joe Biden now says he supports travel bans to contain the Chinese coronavirus after all – after he previously called the China travel ban issued by President Donald Trump in late January “xenophobia.” https://www.cerescourier.com/o.....-ban/

So you are wrong on both counts. Now answer MY question instead of deflecting:

Isn't it DISHONEST of Democrats to criticize Trump for OVER reacting and then
turn around and criticize Trump for UNDER reacting?

PinkFridge

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 8:41 am
Cheiny wrote:
Like I said, I’m waiting to see how the frum jews here will spin that point into something negative, but you can be sure they’ll try.
But how about we get back to the subject at hand, BIDEN (before the liberals turned it into being the usual bash-Trump fest....

Biden’s Histort of Racist Remarks:
Joe Biden made waves Friday when he said that African-Americans unsure of whether they should vote for President Trump or him “ain’t black,” but it was hardly the first time the 77-year-old has come under criticism for a racially charged remark.

Here's a look at past controversies over Biden's comments:

May 2020: “You ain’t black.”

In an interview with “The Breakfast Club,” the presumptive Democratic nominee told host Charlamagne tha God, “I tell you if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,” before defending his record with the black community.

August 2019: “Poor kids” just as bright as “white kids”

At a campaign event in Iowa, Biden told supporters “poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” He quickly corrected himself after some applause by adding: “Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids.”

June 2019: “The kid wearing a hoodie.”

While discussing the need for criminal justice reform at a luncheon last year, Biden said people must continue to work to recognize black as equals so that African American mothers, like the mother of Trayvon Martin who was shot by a neighborhood watch volunteer in Florida in 2012, no longer have to fear their sons will be shot when they go outside.

We've got to recognize that the kid wearing a hoodie may very well be the next poet laureate and not a gangbanger," Biden said.

Biden quickly drew criticism for his use of the word “gangbanger.” Former presidential candidate Cory Booker said Biden “needs to have the language to talk about race in a far more constructive way.”

BIDEN SAYS 'YOU AIN'T BLACK' IF TORN BETWEEN HIM AND TRUMP

June 2019: Biden touts his work with segregationist senators

Biden was slammed by fellow Democrats after invoking his ability decades ago to work with two segregationist southern senators to “get things done.”

Biden brought up the names of Sens. Eastland of Mississippi and Herman Talmadge of Georgia while speaking at a fundraiser Tuesday in New York City. Eastland and Talmadge, two senior members in the Senate when Biden arrived in the chamber in 1973, were firmly opposed to desegregation efforts.

“I was in a caucus with James O. Eastland,” Biden said as he briefly imitated the late senator’s southern drawl. “He never called me boy. He always called me son.”

But discussing the “civility” in the Senate during the 1970s, Biden said: “Well guess what? At least there was some civility. We got things done. We didn’t agree on much of anything. We got things done. We got it finished. But today, you look at the other side and you’re the enemy. Not the opposition, the enemy. We don't talk to each other anymore.”

Sens. Cory Booker, Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren, also running for president at the time, raised serious concerns.

August 2012: “Put y’all back in chains”

Then-Vice President Biden told a Virginia audience that then-Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s financial regulation lifts would "put y'all back in chains."

"He said in the first 100 days, he's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules," Biden said. "Unchain Wall Street! They're gonna put y'all back in chains."

February 2007: Obama is "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean”

Biden, while running for the 2008 presidency, issued what he thought was praise of then-Senator Barack Obama, saying he was "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean."

Biden apologized for the statement at the Democratic National Committee’s winter meeting. "I want to say that I truly regret that the words I spoke offended people that I admire very much," he said.

BIDEN EXPRESS REGRET OVER BARACK OBAMA COMMENTS

2006: "You can't go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent"

Biden, then a senator of Delaware, can be seen in a clip talking to a man who appears to be of Indian descent. “In Delaware the largest growth in population is Indian Americans,” Biden said. “You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.”

Link to Deliverance music (that's dueling banjos, right?).

simcha2

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 8:47 am
#BestBubby wrote:
I answered the question, but I will repeat it again in more detail to help you understand.
Dr. Faucci, whom the DEMOCRAT's Tout as the Coronavirus Expert agreed that Trump's Travel Ban SAVED LIVES. Here is the excerpt from the Fox News Interview:

Hannity: The Travel Ban...Do you believe it likely prevented thousands of Americans from contracting the virus and was a smart thing to do?

FAUCI: Yes, I think there is no question if we had not done that in a timely way, there would have been many more travel-related cases from China...So I think doing that saved us a lot of concern and a lot of suffering.....But the unique situation with China back at the end of December, the beginning of January was that they were the sole source of that at first. And to block them from coming in was unquestionable the right move.

And Biden DID oppose Trump's travel ban and call Trump Xenophobic

Former Vice President Joe Biden now says he supports travel bans to contain the Chinese coronavirus after all – after he previously called the China travel ban issued by President Donald Trump in late January “xenophobia.” https://www.cerescourier.com/o.....-ban/

So you are wrong on both counts. Now answer MY question instead of deflecting:

Isn't it DISHONEST of Democrats to criticize Trump for OVER reacting and then
turn around and criticize Trump for UNDER reacting?

I asked what you thought about how the ban was enacted.

I don't know what the Ceres Courier is, (it seems to be a local rag) but explain how Politifact is wrong.

#BestBubby

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 11:01 am
simcha2 wrote:
I asked what you thought about how the ban was enacted.

I don't know what the Ceres Courier is, (it seems to be a local rag) but explain how Politifact is wrong.

Trump's travel ban was very smart and saved lives, but should have imposed quarantine on returning Americans.

Now answer MY questions which you keep REFUSING to do:

1. How do you justify the DEMOCRATS opposition to the Travel Ban which Democrats tacitly admit was correct?
2. How do you justify the Democrats UNFAIR criticism of the Travel ban as "Racist" and "Xenophobic"?
3. How do you justify the Democrats first accusing Trump of OVER-Reacting, and then turning around and criticizing Trump for UNDER-Reacting?

Have you heard of Fox News, America's HIGHEST RATED News Channel?

Fox News says that Biden called Trump's travel ban "xenophobic"! quote:

Within hours of President Trump's decision to restrict travel from China on Jan. 31, top Democrats and media figures immediately derided the move as unnecessary and xenophobic -- and they are now beating a hasty retreat from that position as the coronavirus continues to ravage the economy and cause scores of deaths.

Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden led the way, quickly attacking what he called Trump's "record of hysteria, xenophobia and fear-mongering" after the travel restrictions were announced, and arguing that Trump "is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency."

Now I have repeatedly proven your accusations are wrong, yet you are UNABLE to answer
my questions on the Democrat opposition to the travel ban and typical false accusation
of "xenophobia"!

Mothers, this is evidence of Trump Derangement Syndrome. Over and over, the Trump Haters are shown that the accusations against Trump (which they just parrot from Democrat News Media) is False and Unjustified. Yet they continue to hate Trump without justification, just because they are brainwashed to do so.

Last edited by #BestBubby on Sun, May 24 2020, 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Cheiny

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 1:45 pm
Don’t expect to hear much (except for off a teleprompter) from Biden for a while...Dems will make sure to silence him so he doesn’t bury himself any deeper than he already has, each time he opens his mouth off teleprompter.

Former NFL player Jack Brewer on Biden backlash over black voter comment: 'The mask is off'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/.....mment

John James: Hey, Joe Biden, I’m black enough to think for myself
https://www.foxnews.com/opinio.....orter

NFL great Herschel Walker blasts Joe Biden: ‘You don’t determine who we vote for’
https://www.foxnews.com/sports.....e-for

Sen. Blackburn: Biden comment 'shows what the Democrats think of African-American voters'
https://www.foxnews.com/politi.....oters

Squishy

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 1:52 pm
fleetwood wrote:
First of all, there were patients on the ship and at Javitz. Second, it's good the ship was there, we were close to having hospitals filled to capacity.

They could have put the covid patents in Javits instead of seeding nursing homes with covid. It was an evil murderous act that the governor was warned against before the covid patients went there.

sequoia

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 1:54 pm
Geez.... I just meant saying “ain’t” was kind of tone-deaf on his part.

Squishy

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 1:56 pm
sequoia wrote:
Geez.... I just meant saying “ain’t” was kind of tone-deaf on his part.

He was trying to be cool just like Hillary was trying to be cool when she put on a phony accent. He showed what he really thinks of blacks.

Fox

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 2:00 pm
Conservative black Twitter is awash in jokes and memes about how everyone feels two days after being declared white.

"Bruh! My credit score went up 500 points since yesterday!"

"Omg! I tried to turn on some music, but my playlist is only indie rock now!"

"Well, I guess this means no more basketball pickup games at the gym. It's only handball and swimming from now on."

It's actually nice -- everyone is getting a kick out of joking about stereotypes -- both about blacks and whites.

#BestBubby

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 2:07 pm

1. How do you justify the DEMOCRATS opposition to the Travel Ban which Democrats tacitly admit was correct?
2. How do you justify the Democrats UNFAIR criticism of the Travel ban as "Racist" and "Xenophobic"?
3. How do you justify the Democrats first accusing Trump of OVER-Reacting, and then turning around and criticizing Trump for UNDER-Reacting?

Simcha2, if you cannot answer the above how about ADMITTING that the Democrat attacks on Trump's handling of the Coronavirus are UNJUSTIFIED???

malki2

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 2:14 pm
Fox wrote:
Conservative black Twitter is awash in jokes and memes about how everyone feels two days after being declared white.

"Bruh! My credit score went up 500 points since yesterday!"

"Omg! I tried to turn on some music, but my playlist is only indie rock now!"

"Well, I guess this means no more basketball pickup games at the gym. It's only handball and swimming from now on."

It's actually nice -- everyone is getting a kick out of joking about stereotypes -- both about blacks and whites.

Beyond the insane world of liberal political correctness is a world where people actually get a kick out of laughing at themselves and others. And nobody takes it personally or cries racist.

simcha2

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 2:16 pm
#BestBubby,

I'm not a spokesperson for the democratic party. I'm a registered republican.

They didn't call the travel ban xenophobic (as shown in the politifact article). They did call Trump calling it the China Virus xenophobic.

I don't think anyone has accused Trump of overreacting at the start of the pandemic. His lack of readiness was appalling. There was some criticism of the way the travel ban was enacted because it was ineffective.

I don't know why you think criticism of Trump means defense of the democratic party. It is pure Whataboutism.

shyshira

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 2:18 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

Simcha2, if you cannot answer the above how about ADMITTING that the Democrat attacks on Trump's handling of the Coronavirus are UNJUSTIFIED???

What is the difference between allcap DEMOCRATS and other democrats?

What is your source for the Democratic response to the "travel Ban" (note: there wasn't a travel ban)?

Cheiny

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 2:27 pm
simcha2 wrote:
#BestBubby,

I'm not a spokesperson for the democratic party. I'm a registered republican.

They didn't call the travel ban xenophobic (as shown in the politifact article). They did call Trump calling it the China Virus xenophobic.

I don't think anyone has accused Trump of overreacting at the start of the pandemic. His lack of readiness was appalling. There was some criticism of the way the travel ban was enacted because it was ineffective.

I don't know why you think criticism of Trump means defense of the democratic party. It is pure Whataboutism.

Yeah, same as, “I’m not an anti semite, I don’t hate all jews, just Israel.”

simcha2

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 2:29 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Yeah, same as, “I’m not an anti semite, I don’t hate all jews, just Israel.”

I have absolutely no idea how your comment relates to my post. I'm sure I'm missing something, can you please enlighten me?

dancingqueen

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 2:32 pm
genius wrote:
Which wasn’t used. I’ve begged for an explanation for this on more than one thread but wasn’t zocha to an answer yet

Here's some info:

"On top of its strict rules preventing people infected with the virus [covid-19] from coming on board, the Navy is also refusing to treat a host of other conditions. Guidelines disseminated to hospitals included a list of 49 medical conditions that would exclude a patient from admittance to the ship.

Ambulances cannot take patients directly to the Comfort; they must first deliver patients to a city hospital for a lengthy evaluation — including a test for the virus — and then pick them up again for transport to the ship."

Later that week Cuomo negotiated with Trump to allow both to accept covid patients, and the numbers of patients went up at both sites. But patients and doctors were apprehensive about going there, which played a part in under-utilization. AFAIK, the Javits center has some infrastructure ready for a second wave.
https://www.npr.org/sections/c.....ubled

Fox

Post  Sun, May 24 2020, 2:48 pm
Squishy wrote:
They could have put the covid patents in Javits instead of seeding nursing homes with covid. It was an evil murderous act that the governor was warned against before the covid patients went there.

Don't forget allowing activists to more-or-less run Samaritan's Purse out of town because G-d forbid any sick NYer be cared for by conservative Evangelical Christians.

Really, the sustained mismanagement and lack of leadership by Cuomo and de Blasio renders all other criticisms of government response moot.

The WHO and China misled the U.S., and their prevarication led to confusion and delays. But Cuomo and de Blasio *continued* bad policy for weeks after everyone else saw what was happening.

Cheiny

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 1:31 pm
Lawrence Jones slams Joe Biden: Black America is 'fed up' and tired of supporting Dems

Fox Nation host Lawrence Jones said on Monday that presumptive 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden was "ill-prepared" for “The Breakfast Club” interview with Charlamagne tha God, where the former vice president came under fire last week after making a controversial remark about black Americans supporting President Trump.

“He’s been running away from 'The Breakfast Club' and Charlamagne tha God for a while,” Jones told “Fox & Friends.

"The Breakfast Club," a nationally broadcast morning talk show popular with black listeners, has been a platform for presidential candidates to discuss issues pertaining to the black community.

“A lot of politicians have rightfully been running away from 'The Breakfast Club' because they don’t have any agenda for black America," said Jones.

SEN. TIM SCOTT: BIDEN'S NEW COMMENT ON BLACK VOTERS IS 'MOST ARROGANT AND CONDESCENDING' I'VE HEARD

Biden made controversial comments in an interview Friday morning with “The Breakfast Club,” After host Charlamagne tha God said he had "more questions" for him before November, Biden defended his record with on issues affecting black Americans.

“I tell you, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black,” he said.

Biden walked back the remarks later the same day, saying: “I shouldn’t have been so cavalier.”

I shouldn't have been such a wise guy ... No one should have to vote for any party, based on their race or religion or background," he said.

But the remarks drew swift criticism from across the political spectrum, in particular from the Trump campaign, which sought to highlight the remarks.

Jones said that Biden was very “condescending” in the interview with Charlamagne tha God.

“He tried to educate Charlamagne on the crime bill," he said. "Most people in black America know what happened with the crime bill. He tried to pass the buck, he tried to pretend that he really had a black agenda with the ‘lift every voice.’

“Black America is fed up. They’re tired of giving their votes to Democrats. They’re tired of Republicans not showing up in the community and they would sit this election out if the Democratic Party does not give them something of value. They realize the power they wield and they want reciprocal trade when it comes to this. As the president likes to say: if we’re going to give our vote, we need a tradeoff, we need something that’s going to benefit the community.”

Meanwhile, President Trump’s 2020 campaign has quickly created a new website as part of efforts to capitalize on this latest controversy to engulf Biden.

Within hours it created www.youaintblack.com. The website, with the logo “Black Voices for Trump 2020,” quotes the remarks in massive lettering, and includes a video that repeats Biden remarks with the word “racist" over his face and a number that supporters are encouraged to text "Woke."
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 4 of 5 View latest: 24h 48h 72h