Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Clothes are too tight.

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 8:54 pm
I have so many clothes in my cupboard that if I will lose 5 kilo will fit me again. The problem is I have zero motivation to lose the weight. Should I just buy new clothes?

amother
White

Post Sat, May 23 2020, 11:16 pm
Hmmm... me too
I just need to loose a little and I will look so much better
But we do have motivation to loose.. I just get so hungry and loose my self control when I see good food

I would recommend you buy just a little a little bit if nothing fits and then try to find some motivation to loose.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 12:34 am
If I would have a chasunah coming up I would have more motivation.

twizzlers1

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 2:21 am
Are they clothes that you like? If you like them I would suggest that you not get rid of them. Could you make any small changes that would help you lose the weight? If you don't want to that's fine but if you do then there are ways to do it without being too drastic or quick.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 4:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have so many clothes in my cupboard that if I will lose 5 kilo will fit me again. The problem is I have zero motivation to lose the weight. Should I just buy new clothes?

Yes buy new clothes.
Stop thinking at this 5 kilos
Buy new clothes and enjoy yourself..

lovingmommy3417

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:09 am
I used to think this way and then I realized it would just make me unhappy all the time to have the mindset of "my clothes will fit if I lose weight". Buy new clothes and lose weight when you feel motivated. Try to just have a healthy lifestyle and not focus on weight loss. Eat more veggies and go on a walk.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:18 am
Weighing more isn't necessarily bad.

amother
White

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:35 am
Op, how tall are you and how much do you weigh?

lamplighter

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:39 am
If keeping them is making you feel bad about yourself then donate them and buy yourself you feel good in.
If you want to adopt healthier habits then do so, but this pressure and negativity isnt helping you or your health.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 10:29 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
Op, how tall are you and how much do you weigh?
I am 5ft and 3 inch and weigh 150 pounds.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 12:36 pm
You might not lose the weight in the places that you gained. I find the weight first comes off of my face, my hands, my ankles ..... I'm not discouraging you, just stating facts.

amother
White

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 1:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am 5ft and 3 inch and weigh 150 pounds.

I’m 5 ft and 136 pounds so I get you... we are probably about the same β€œchub”

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 6:23 pm
I just wanted to update u all that I went out today and bought 2 new tops and 2 skirts and 1 dress and I feel amazing! If I end up losing weight I will just take in the clothes. But definitely stop trying to lose!

miracle

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 9:11 am
Good for you that you got new clothes, enjoy them!!!
You should feel good about yourself
And try to look for the motivation to lose those extra 5 kilos whenever the right time is for you!!!
If you need some ideas PM, I will be happy to guide you

You don't need to be perfect with a diet to lose weight, it is all a question of progress and taking baby steps to make it a habit and make it part of your lifestyle!

amother
Gold

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just wanted to update u all that I went out today and bought 2 new tops and 2 skirts and 1 dress and I feel amazing! If I end up losing weight I will just take in the clothes. But definitely stop trying to lose!

Great!!!! πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ€©

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 5:20 am
This is totally me! Reluctant to buy new stuff but don't feel comfortable in the tightness of dresses in the size I used to be. Considering getting some of the same clothes in larger size. Hope I won't feel as if I were "giving in." Who has midi COTTON 3/4 sleeves at least 40 inches? Live in Israel so melt in polyester.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise