Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
200 struggling businesses to open tomorrow in Brooklyn
  Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 11  12  13  Next

amother
Blue

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 8:35 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
It would seem that the lockdown helped, but we can’t prove it. But anyway, I’m still not scared to get my nails done. I wasn’t scared to get my nails done at the beginning of the lockdown either. I locked down to help flatten the curve and save lives. The curve is flattened. Time to get back to life.

sure we can prove it. the impact the of lockdown was replicated in every country that did it.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 8:42 am
Anyone up on what is happening in Brazil? It seems like the people want a lockdown but their president is against it. Someone more informed than me needs to answer this post.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 8:53 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
The government still can, and should, step in to help those those small businesses.

Opening now isn’t a panacea in any case. Would you really walk into a crowded store, or get your nails done? I wouldn’t. I needed a few things yesterday, it drove away when the parking lot was crowded. Not worth the risk. And I already had it —test verified, hospitalized, The Whole 9 yards.

Why in the world do you still view crowds as a risk if you've already had the virus? What exactly do you think is going to happen to you?

Don't tell me you might get it again. Because we all know that's a myth. And if you don't, I have a bridge to sell you. It comes with a city whose economy has been devastated by a ridiculously prolonged lockdown.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:02 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Why in the world do you still view crowds as a risk if you've already had the virus? What exactly do you think is going to happen to you?

Don't tell me you might get it again. Because we all know that's a myth. And if you don't, I have a bridge to sell you. It comes with a city whose economy has been devastated by a ridiculously prolonged lockdown.

we don’t know it’s a myth that you can get it again. No one knows how long immunity lasts. Preeminent doctors don’t know that. Some anonymous woman on the internet isn’t more reliable.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/c.....88593

It’s fascinating to me is that I’m called a self hating Jew here, among other lovely things, for the sole reason that I care about you and your families.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:09 am
southernbubby wrote:
Anyone up on what is happening in Brazil? It seems like the people want a lockdown but their president is against it. Someone more informed than me needs to answer this post.

I don't know about Brazil, but just read the latest news article about Sweden and it isnt sounding great for them.
Basically mortality rates is currently double that of the U S. and they are nowhere near herd immunity. So their businesses may be open but they are still in for the long haul and as people continue to get sick there nobody really knows how their death rates may rise.
But. Experts are not holding them up as a great model to follow anymore.

Everyone can opine plenty but we truly won't know who came out of this the least scathed for awhile...certainly noone can say for sure now.

fleetwood

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:09 am

My friend, a nurse in New York,has two patients who have had it twice.

carnation

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:24 am
fleetwood wrote:
My friend, a nurse in New York,has two patients who have had it twice.

Is it possible it was a prolonged first infection? Some people had it for 8 weeks.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:27 am

It frustrates me that the permanent immunity theory is only promoted in the very right wing media. While we all hope that it's true, wouldn't you feel a little bad if someone took your post seriously and it wasn't true? No other media outlet claims to have the answer.

boysrock

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:53 am
What happened yesterday was horrible, there is never an excuse for Jews to behave this way. We must remember that we are the chosen people to bring light onto the world by setting a good example not by using the power of the crowd to show the government we are not scared of them. Please let’s try our best to just make a kiddish hashem

gamanit

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:23 am

Most people don't get it twice. Some people don't build proper immunity to the virus though. If you test high levels of antibodies you're not likely to get it again.

CiCi

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:36 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
You’ve claimed something is unconstitutional. Yet you have no authority for that proposition apart from your word.

Yet another example of the big lie.

There’s nothing unconstitutional about Cuomo’s actions.

So you are basically saying that judges all over the country siding with business owners against governors are ruling against the law? Because that's what I look at to see see what's constitutional and legal.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:44 am
gamanit wrote:
Most people don't get it twice. Some people don't build proper immunity to the virus though. If you test high levels of antibodies you're not likely to get it again.

I would love to see a source for that because everything else that I have read said that permanent immunity is unknown.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:45 am

Most common coronaviruses have a 34 week immunity. Many studies show this (SARS has 2 years).
To say immunity is lifelong is false according to all studies.

Where are you getting your info? Just because ppl don’t get it the next week doesn’t mean immunity is forever.

gamanit

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:46 am
southernbubby wrote:
I would love to see a source for that because everything else that I have read said that permanent immunity is unknown.

I didn't say permanent immunity; immunity for now. This virus hasn't been around long enough for us to know for certain how long it lasts. In general with most viruses if you have antibodies and are exposed again the body holds on to the immunity for longer.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:55 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
we don’t know it’s a myth that you can get it again. No one knows how long immunity lasts. Preeminent doctors don’t know that. Some anonymous woman on the internet isn’t more reliable.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/c.....88593

It’s fascinating to me is that I’m called a self hating Jew here, among other lovely things, for the sole reason that I care about you and your families.

https://www.newsweek.com/antho.....97246

At least 1.6 million people in the world have been infected with the virus, including 10,450 people in South Korea. Of those patients, about 51 tested positive for the virus after having been classified as cured, raising concerns about the possibility of reinfection.

he possibility of reinfection hasn't been studied to the extent that Fauci would have liked. But based on the history of similar diseases, Fauci told the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) it was reasonable to assume people would have at least some immunity.

Since the virus isn't changing very much, he said a person who gets infected in February or March and recovers should be protected if there's a second wave in September or October.

"So, it's never 100 percent, but I'd be willing to bet anything that people who recover are really protected against reinfection," Fauci said.

"Some anonymous woman on the internet" can do just as much research as you can. And she can choose to believe the overwhelming evidence that most people WILL NOT get the virus twice, definitely not in the few months after they've caught it the first time.

But if you'd rather continue living in a state of hyper-fear forever and to think you will be one of the 51 in 1.6 million who catch the virus twice, that's your choice. You do you.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:57 am
CiCi wrote:
So you are basically saying that judges all over the country siding with business owners against governors are ruling against the law? Because that's what I look at to see see what's constitutional and legal.

What cases or rulings can you cite? I haven't seen any reported. The only news I have seen was that of judges throwing the lawsuits against the governor out.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 11:00 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Most common coronaviruses have a 34 week immunity. Many studies show this (SARS has 2 years).
To say immunity is lifelong is false according to all studies.

Where are you getting your info? Just because ppl don’t get it the next week doesn’t mean immunity is forever.

Who said anything about immunity being forever? We're talking about it lasting a few months. All evidence points to the fact that it usually does. Or else we'd be seeing hundreds of thousands of people being reinfected again and again.

fleetwood

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 11:07 am
carnation wrote:
Is it possible it was a prolonged first infection? Some people had it for 8 weeks.

No. They tested negative prior to the second case.

CiCi

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 11:08 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
What cases or rulings can you cite? I haven't seen any reported. The only news I have seen was that of judges throwing the lawsuits against the governor out.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wire.....51385

https://www.law.com/texaslawye.....ders/

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2.....ager/

There are many of these rulings. I'm not interested in googling all day.

In any case, any government who forces their citizens to quarantine and businesses to be closed indefinitely is not a democracy.

Last edited by CiCi on Mon, May 25 2020, 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

fleetwood

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 11:09 am
CiCi wrote:

Who are these judges all over the country? In What states are these cases being litigated ?
Page 9 of 13   Previous  1  2  3 8  9  10 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics