Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
200 struggling businesses to open tomorrow in Brooklyn
  Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next

giselle

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 8:41 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Such a chillul hashem!

I started a thread last week about keeping quiet in Galus. But you know what, in this case I think they are absolutely doing the right thing.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:06 am
I'm desperately in the need of tights - all of mine have holes - and my 6 yr old doesnt have anything to wear for shvuos. So yes, I'll be delighted to go into a clothing store to buy tights and a shirt for my kid.
In addition, with the weathers being warmer and no coats needed, I feel super self conscious going outside in shmattehs, I need some new tops for the weather. I made an order at Macy's online, and close to a month later I still don't have it!!!
I'll be very happy to be able to go shopping. These are not luxuries. I'm not buying jewelry.

To be fair, Wmsbg stores have been open since day 1 with curbside pickups or private appts. So it honestly doesnt affect Wmsbg stores. I'm a little nervous pinkt today to go shopping. I hope there won't be masses of policemen all over.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:08 am
giselle wrote:
I started a thread last week about keeping quiet in Galus. But you know what, in this case I think they are absolutely doing the right thing.

Me too. They are heroes, fighting for the right to make a living while keeping others safe. The other day I had a barber cut my boys hair in my backyard. I couldn’t stop thinking about how amazing it was that I was doing something illegal by having a barber cut my kids hair. It’s time for the little people to stand up for their rights. Enough is enough.

Wife1

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:08 am
If the are really going to in force sd then good for them!

itsmeima

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:15 am
I'm so proud of @thefrocknyc for staying closed!

If the rest of the world can pivot to online, so can they!

giselle

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:19 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Me too. They are heroes, fighting for the right to make a living while keeping others safe. The other day I had a barber cut my boys hair in my backyard. I couldn’t stop thinking about how amazing it was that I was doing something illegal by having a barber cut my kids hair. It’s time for the little people to stand up for their rights. Enough is enough.

Yes we’re going to engage in that illegal activity this week. Honestly I had no problem cutting my son’s hair myself before pesach. That’s what needed to be done then. But at this point, with the height of danger passed BH, and my barber sanitizing between each customer, doing it outside, making you wait in your car until your turn.. and that’s illegal? Probably the first time I am happily and proudly breaking a law. If businesses can follow SD laws, at this point there is absolutely no reason they shouldn’t be allowed to open.

itsmeima

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:21 am
giselle wrote:
Yes we’re going to engage in that illegal activity this week. Honestly I had no problem cutting my son’s hair myself before pesach. That’s what needed to be done then. But at this point, with the height of danger passed BH, and my barber sanitizing between each customer, doing it outside, making you wait in your car until your turn.. and that’s illegal? Probably the first time I am happily and proudly breaking a law. If businesses can follow SD laws, at this point there is absolutely no reason they shouldn’t be allowed to open.

WHO ARE YOU to decide when "the height of danger has passed"

Just because you don't know anyone who died this week! It isn't over!

asmileaday

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:22 am
itsmeima wrote:

There is absolutely no reason a store can't be open with social distancing guidelines. No reason at all.
Even Dr. Fauci himself has said that extending the lockdown will cause irreparable damage.

The frock can make their own decisions but the other stores banding together are right.

asmileaday

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:22 am
itsmeima wrote:

The numbers speak for themselves.

itsmeima

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:23 am
asmileaday wrote:
There is absolutely no reason a store can't be open with social distancing guidelines. No reason at all.
Even Dr. Fauci himself has said that extending the lockdown will cause irreparable damage.

The frock can make their own decisions but the other stores banding together are right.

again, WHO ARE YOU to decide that?

4sure

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:25 am
asmileaday wrote:
The numbers speak for themselves.

Thumbs Up

We flattened the curve. No one ever said the virus will go away so soon.

giselle

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:25 am
itsmeima wrote:

Someone who reads the news and has been the following the numbers since day 1.

Who said it’s over? I said the height has passed. In NY. That’s not really arguable as it’s based on fact.

I don’t really understand these posts. I’ve been following SD strongly since day 1. I’m still not having guests and I don’t even have my cleaning help back. Do you think your yelling is going to change facts?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:30 am
If all these businesses are Jewish, this is a huge chillul Hashem. Did they get rabbincal backing before going ahead with this?

I keep getting astounded again and again how so many Jewish people in NY seem to think they are above the law. Do you not realize the chillul Hashem this keeps causing?? Aside from the fact that dina malchusa dina is a halacha too.

keym

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:32 am
itsmeima wrote:

I don't know how the frock is doing it. But the rest of the world of small businesses can't pivot to online very easily with returns, etc.
And now with COVID, a lot of bigger stores are refusing to take returns or exchanges.

I mentioned in other threads. I'm making a bar mitzvah soon and my bar mitzvah boy desperately needs a suit.
My choices are
1) go to Target, try on and buy
2) go to my small local store "illegally" with mask and gloves, try on and buy
3) order online, lay out the money for 3-4 different suits (that I can't afford), wait the weeks for delivery, hope that something fits, pray that the store accepts the delivery....

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:34 am
giselle wrote:
Someone who reads the news and has been the following the numbers since day 1.

Who said it’s over? I said the height has passed. In NY. That’s not really arguable as it’s based on fact.

I don’t really understand these posts. I’ve been following SD strongly since day 1. I’m still not having guests and I don’t even have my cleaning help back. Do you think your yelling is going to change facts?

I avoidably was in the ER this past week. NYC-Queens “epicenter”. The head pediatrician had time to walk me to the bikur cholim room and chat. He’s now seeing patients to age 45 because of the LACK of children in the ER. The curve is flattened for the general population and hospitals are not overrun. Back to real life.

trixx

amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
If all these businesses are Jewish, this is a huge chillul Hashem. Did they get rabbincal backing before going ahead with this?

I keep getting astounded again and again how so many Jewish people in NY seem to think they are above the law. Do you not realize the chillul Hashem this keeps causing?? Aside from the fact that dina malchusa dina is a halacha too.

I'm so tired of people quoting the law when we are being led by morons and at this point its totally political. NYC disproportionate amount of deaths can be squarely blamed on Cuomo and de Blasio too late and then too little policies. So calm down and stop making like they're god.

giselle

amother [ Taupe ] wrote:

I definitely hear what you’re saying.. but I think in this case it’s not so black and white. This is a whole movement that’s been going on awhile, and they’ve done it in a respectful manner.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:38 am
trixx wrote:
I'm so tired of people quoting the law when we are being led by morons and at this point its totally political. NYC disproportionate amount of deaths can be squarely blamed on Cuomo and de Blasio too late and then too little policies. So calm down and stop making like they're god.

I don't think anyone is god, don't be ridiculous. I don't even live in the US (though I do follow all the US media very closely). But political or not, you need to keep to the rules.

There are plenty of us in other countries who have been in lockdown for the same length of time, and the stores aren't reopening yet here either. You've got to just stick with it until it passes. No need to make waves and cause a big chillul Hashem.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:41 am
keym wrote:
I don't know how the frock is doing it. But the rest of the world of small businesses can't pivot to online very easily with returns, etc.
And now with COVID, a lot of bigger stores are refusing to take returns or exchanges.

I mentioned in other threads. I'm making a bar mitzvah soon and my bar mitzvah boy desperately needs a suit.
My choices are
1) go to Target, try on and buy
2) go to my small local store "illegally" with mask and gloves, try on and buy
3) order online, lay out the money for 3-4 different suits (that I can't afford), wait the weeks for delivery, hope that something fits, pray that the store accepts the delivery....

where I went in NJ, target dressing rooms were closed

trixx

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:43 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
I don't think anyone is god, don't be ridiculous. I don't even live in the US (though I do follow all the US media very closely). But political or not, you need to keep to the rules.

There are plenty of us in other countries who have been in lockdown for the same length of time, and the stores aren't reopening yet here either. You've got to just stick with it until it passes. No need to make waves and cause a big chillul Hashem.

If the people of the colonies had kept to Britain's rules, there would be no USA.

No. You don't just listen to arbitrary and harmful and btw also unconstitutional rules that have severe effects on economy and wellbeing, just because a politician wants you to be his pawn.

We flattened the curve. That was the operating premise. There is zero reason are not yet open.

NYC got the worst of everything thanks to our incompetent leadership. Not closing enough to prevent tons of deaths, staying closed and causing harm to economy and mental and general health.
Page 3 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics