Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Mid Hudson Reopening. Schools Too?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 12:16 am
Cuomo announced today Mid Hudson Reopening this week. That includes Rockland. But does that mean school too? The school year is practically over but thinking daycamp.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 12:21 am
I know KJ is working heavily on putting schools as an essential so they can join the phase 1 reopening.

I also know that Satmar rebbe contacted the "white house official" that has convinced him and the other rabbis to close, to now reopen. "We followed your advice about safety, now that the danger is past us, allow us to reopen".

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 12:27 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I know KJ is working heavily on putting schools as an essential so they can join the phase 1 reopening.

I also know that Satmar rebbe contacted the "white house official" that has convinced him and the other rabbis to close, to now reopen. "We followed your advice about safety, now that the danger is past us, allow us to reopen".

I hope that will apply for monsey too!

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 1:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I hope that will apply for monsey too!
He is presenting for all of klal yisroel. This cheder closure is giving him serious heartbreak. He has instructed his chassidim to do all it takes, legal or not, but safely, te resume learning in class settings.

soap suds

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 2:26 am
Schools are in phase 4. So, no this doesn't mean anything in that regard. Sorry to burst your buuble Crying

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 2:26 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

Yes I also heard this.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:18 am
If all goes well, phase 4 is in six weeks from now.
But still, cuomo the achzer doesnt seem to be interested in allowing kids to get together for the foreseeable future. Shaygetz.

4sure

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:28 am
Mama Bear wrote:
But still, cuomo the achzer doesnt seem to be interested in allowing kids to get together for the foreseeable future. Shaygetz.

If you listened to his Saturday briefing that’s not the case. He said then that the two week wait is not a rule they will go by. He will decide when to move from one phase to the next.

silverlining3

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 10:02 am
Mama Bear wrote:

Someone said well. The state is basically open (besides school of course lol) We're just waiting Cuomo to face that fact and come to terms with it ha

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 11:55 am
silverlining3 wrote:
Someone said well. The state is basically open (besides school of course lol) We're just waiting Cuomo to face that fact and come to terms with it ha

Maybe on your little bp/willI/Monsey/kJ bubble

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 11:59 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

And in the parks and subways.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 12:00 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

Fine. Keep the rest of the state closed but please reopen our bubble.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics