Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How Did You Lose a Significant Amount of Weight?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 12:46 pm
Have you lost a significant amount of weight (50+ pounds)? How did you do it?

amother
Wine

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 1:00 pm
Overeaters anonymous. Kept weight off for 5 years now. The best thing I ever did for myself for many reasons!!

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 1:20 pm
I lost 30 lb on low carb. Then I started getting lax on the carbs, plus I got pregnant and then miscarried, so my weight crept back up. But I think it's time to go back to strict keto.

ces

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 1:28 pm
I've lost 50+ after birth, so that isn't quite the same. I do it by focusing on eating healthy, mostly unprocessed foods, and staying within a calorie budget, also trying to keep my macros balanced. When I find a daily menu that works for me I basically stick to it with minor modifications. I also do 1-2 fitness classes a day.

Ora in town

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 1:31 pm
Lost about 20% body weight in 9 months, but subsequently gained it back in the follwing 4 years...

I think my approach was healthy, but still I could not avoid yoyo effect...
...and that's what most research finds... that after 2 years, you are more or less back where you started...

I did not try to lose more than 2 lb a week...

I started mainly with exercise, trying to loose 3500 cal through exercice per week, mainly biking (using bike for transportation), walking, jogging (when I was under 200 pounds) and aquafit/swimming.

For diet, I tried to eat much and varied veggies and fruit, I invested in food preparation, two warm meals a day, 50% of plate veggies, soup or salad as starters...

I cut a bit on carbs in the sense that I sometimes replaced starchy carbs with veggies... (about 1 meal a day no starchy carbs) but I was not strictly low carb.

I avoided snacks between meals, except hot beverages and raw veggies...

I still allowed myself 4 squares of chocolate a day (that's about 100 cal)

I stopped sweetened drinks...

lamplighter

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 3:03 pm
Making small healthy changes, focusing on and learning my hunger scale, drinking lots of water, getting decent sleep and moving more.

I refused to go on another diet. I am BH currently expecting but lost 65 lbs until I got pregnant.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 8:08 pm
I lost and have maintained a large weight los of 100+ pounds by eating low carb and intermittent fasting over the past three years.

I don’t cheat, ever. I don’t eat sugar, grains, starch, sweetener or fruit.

I eat to satiety by eating real good including meat, poultry, high fat dairy ( mainly in the form of cream in my coffee) and low carb vegetables.

In the beginning I pretty much overate according to these guidelines but had so much weight to lose that it worked anyways because it stopped the crazy blood sugar swings that caused my body to ‘need to eat, NOW!’ Even if I was already full.

I’ve learned to eat to satiety by not eating til I’m full and waiting until I know if I am before eating more.

If I lost another eighty pounds I’d probably be about right according to the top end of weight charts but I’ve been maintaining this for quite some time and not regained. I’m not suffering. The chatter in my head about what a horrible glutton I am calmed right down and today I went for an 8 mile walk and feel great( I started exercising 2.5 years in, about 6.5 months ago.)

If you want to email me, I’ll send you the PDF that best synopsizes what I do. I have never been so happy in my life. Between age 7-49 I suffered with massively disordered eating. If there’s help for me, there’s help for anyone.

No purchase necessary or even suggested, other than real food you buy wherever you shop.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise