Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
We said this here 2 months ago, did it hold up???

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:45 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....86673

Read through the entire thread, only 2 months old....

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:53 pm
We live in the NY area, but not in Brooklyn. DH just got his results back from the antibody test and he's negative even though he was possibly exposed through work before Pesach.

The neighborhood we live in has been pretty good about self-isolating, and we've had some cases and even deaths but many people never had any symptoms at all and probably never actually got the virus. I hear similar reports from friends and relatives in other neighborhoods in the NY/NJ area where their communities really did go into lockdown with no shuls or schools open and no secret minyanim or basement classes.

DrMom

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 9:59 pm
It's a 5-page thread... To which premise of this thread are you referring? The OP's assumption that everybody in NY/NJ has been exposed to corona virus?

Clearly false, and it was clearly even more off the mark 2 months ago.

Last edited by DrMom on Sun, May 24 2020, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

bobeli

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 10:01 pm
In Brooklyn I think yes.
Everyone in my block had it, all the men from dh’s shul in a different area had it, even the over 60 in strict isolation from the day of the stay at home order.
I do think nyc was 3 to 4 weeks late to close and purim made it worse by the frum.
I also think that exposure to crowds with the virus makes the person sicker and stronger infections

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, May 24 2020, 10:22 pm
bobeli wrote:
In Brooklyn I think yes.
Everyone in my block had it, all the men from dh’s shul in a different area had it, even the over 60 in strict isolation from the day of the stay at home order.
I do think nyc was 3 to 4 weeks late to close and purim made it worse by the frum.
I also think that exposure to crowds with the virus makes the person sicker and stronger infections

In Lakewood a large percentage as well. My kids went for antibody testing and only one was positive... but then another son took the covid test and lo and behold, positive (he had been negative for antibodies). He had absolutely no symptoms whatsoever and has not walked out of the house in two months... so this is all a mystery but this just highlights how many people have already gotten it without any symptoms.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 4:56 am
We live in Brooklyn, and we’ve been pretty good about social distancing (I.e. staying home as much as possible, wearing masks in public, etc.). We were recently tested for antibodies and we all tested Negative.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 6:51 am
In the zip codes we’re talking about, testing shows about 20% to 30% had it. Which is pretty high. You’d expect that, given the unfortunately high death rate in those areas. But nowhere near everyone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics