Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Where would you choose to live?
1  2  3  Next

Einikel

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:17 am
If you wouldn’t have to take into account shuls yeshivos and Jewish infrastructure where in the world would you choose to live?

Catcher

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:21 am
Without a doubt, Yerushalayim.

My soul yearns...

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:24 am
Einikel wrote:
If you wouldn’t have to take into account shuls yeshivos and Jewish infrastructure where in the world would you choose to live?

Do I also have unlimited funds?

But the Jewish infrastructure is more than shuls and food and schools.

My husband and I both had covid over Pesach. All of the ingredients were there, but no way I could cook. Seder meals arrived. A Seder plate. And meals after that. We were taken care of. We had Pesach, to the extent we could.

BH, we made it. But one of DH’s family didn’t. Again, we were loved and taken care of.

So while I want to say Maui, I think I’d stay put.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:28 am
London

mom4eva

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:29 am
Without a doubt tzfat. Life is just so chill and simple.

tichellady

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:34 am
So where beautiful with a beach- maybe Hawai’I

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:35 am
Boca raton Florida near the young isreal

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:35 am
Scranton near the new school

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:36 am
Living in a big house with the beach as my backyard

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:37 am
Vacations on a big yacht

amother
Navy

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:37 am
Iowa City, IA. We lived there for almost 4 years and loved it, but left just for the Jewish infrastructure we were lacking

forgetit

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:39 am
If I'm rich, here:
https://www.real-estate-jerusa.....Photo
If I'm middle class, here:
https://www.zillow.com/homedet.....zpid/
If I'm poor:
Anyplace in NYC and forget to pay rent while collecting every single social service program available.

ETA: I'm rethinking my decision. I'd love to backpack the world.

Last edited by forgetit on Mon, May 25 2020, 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total

fleetwood

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:40 am
mom4eva wrote:
Without a doubt tzfat. Life is just so chill and simple.

It's so funny you say that..I've always chosen tzfat as my place to go if I made Aliyah. Then I spent last summer in Israel and I really don't like it anymore.

avrahamama

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:41 am
By the kinneret. With a goat cheese farm. A natural pond style pool. An outdoor brick pizza oven. And pomegranate and lemon trees for me to sing and read and pray under.

tichellady

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:42 am
Actually I changed my mind to San Diego

essie14

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:42 am
Beach house in Herzliya or zichron yaakov

amother
Pink

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:53 am
avrahamama wrote:
By the kinneret. With a goat cheese farm. A natural pond style pool. An outdoor brick pizza oven. And pomegranate and lemon trees for me to sing and read and pray under.

So we can be neighbors. I would like pomegranate and lemon trees, plus an orange tree and another fruit tree (not sure which yet), plus 2 more trees. I'll pass on the goat cheese and stick with a couple chickens and a single cow. But, if you're willing to trade me goat cheese and milk for eggs and oranges, then I'll pass on the cow. And I want a vegetable garden too, and maybe to grow rice (gotta check how much space that needs).

My kids are little, so I'm iffy about the pool, but DH wants a proper kosher mikva, and has plans for how to lock the room it's in so kids can't get in. So if you're interested we can trade mikva access for pool access.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:54 am
Eretz Yisroel
Yerushalayim

Scotty

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:58 am
If I wasn't Jewish with need for Jewish infrastructure?
(Supposing I survived mentally without the meaning and support of Judaism that is lol)

On a ranch in Montana. With lots of mountains and sky, and no humans for miles. And my job would be a National Geographic writer traveling around the world learning about new cultures and countries.

If I would be Jewish? (I mean I am but if we're being theoretical here)
Israel. Someplace quiet. With lots of cedars.
unfortunately I don't know enough of Israel to say where, just... Israel.

avrahamama

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 11:10 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
So we can be neighbors. I would like pomegranate and lemon trees, plus an orange tree and another fruit tree (not sure which yet), plus 2 more trees. I'll pass on the goat cheese and stick with a couple chickens and a single cow. But, if you're willing to trade me goat cheese and milk for eggs and oranges, then I'll pass on the cow. And I want a vegetable garden too, and maybe to grow rice (gotta check how much space that needs).

My kids are little, so I'm iffy about the pool, but DH wants a proper kosher mikva, and has plans for how to lock the room it's in so kids can't get in. So if you're interested we can trade mikva access for pool access.

Sounds like a great plan. Let's just start out yishuv... My kids are little too but in my imagination the pond comes after I'm done with diapers 🤣

A veggie garden sounds perfect. Tomatoes still warm from the sun. Eggplants a rich deep purple,simmered in locally sourced olive oil. And slid into a sandwich made from fresh blistered pitta bread and fresh speckled hen eggs.

A view of the kinneret. And the sounds of my sons humming in learning.

Now I'm hungry and yearning.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics