Home

Here’s one way to define TDS
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 1:42 pm
If you’re unable to find even one good thing that Pres. Trump has ever done... even one, that is just so dishonest and irrational to the core, that there can be no other possible explanation for that kind of blind hatred. So I’ll challenge his biggest critics here, can you find even one thing he’s done that’s good?
Back to top

itsmeima




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 1:45 pm
Sure, the stimulus check! Phew, I'm off the hook!

Last edited by itsmeima on Mon, May 25 2020, 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

OBnursemom




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 1:45 pm
Do you have anything else to talk about besides Trump? I think that’s the definition of TDS. Someone who only knows how to talk about Trump and how he relates to politics, to the exclusion of anything else.
Back to top

itsmeima




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 1:47 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
Do you have anything else to talk about besides Trump? I think that’s the definition of TDS. Someone who only knows how to talk about Trump and how he relates to politics, to the exclusion of anything else.


Here's another way to look at this.

Cheiny has given us the opportunity never to be labelled again.
Back to top

OBnursemom




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 1:51 pm
itsmeima wrote:
Here's another way to look at this.

Cheiny has given us the opportunity never to be labelled again.


I can find more than one thing. I still hate the guy. I hated him before it was popular. When the democrats were beside themselves with glee because of the comedic value of his candidacy, I was hoping he wouldn’t win and make a mockery of our political system.
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 4:01 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
Do you have anything else to talk about besides Trump? I think that’s the definition of TDS. Someone who only knows how to talk about Trump and how he relates to politics, to the exclusion of anything else.


Glad you feel that way. Please see Jeanette’s posts.
Back to top

#BestBubby




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 4:40 pm
I prove TDS a different way: I ask Trump Haters for reasons WHY they hate Trump.
The reasons given are either false or they apply even more to Democrats.

For example they will say they hate Trump because he lies, but they don't hate
Adam Schiff who was caught in far more egregious lies.

That is proof of TDS.
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 4:43 pm
I’m so going to regret this, but what is TDS?
Back to top

OBnursemom




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 4:46 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Glad you feel that way. Please see Jeanette’s posts.


I’m not Jeanette. We don’t feel the same politically.
Back to top

OBnursemom




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 4:48 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I’m so going to regret this, but what is TDS?


Trump Derangement Syndrome. I wish I could pull up some Obama derangement here. For everyone who kvetches about how people treat Trump, they’ve used the words Nobama, Obummer, death panels, and Hussein Obama at least once. Hypocrites. If you can’t take it, don’t dish it.
Back to top

Ora in town




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 4:53 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I’m so going to regret this, but what is TDS?

You will, indeed.. but kudos for asking all the same:
"Trump derangement syndrome", an insult hurled mainly by Republicans and Trump-supporters at Trump-opponents and democrats...
Back to top

itsmeima




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 4:55 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
I prove TDS a different way: I ask Trump Haters for reasons WHY they hate Trump.
The reasons given are either false or they apply even more to Democrats.

For example they will say they hate Trump because he lies, but they don't hate
Adam Schiff who was caught in far more egregious lies.

That is proof of TDS.


You need to take it with Zinc!
Back to top

OBnursemom




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 4:59 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
I prove TDS a different way: I ask Trump Haters for reasons WHY they hate Trump.
The reasons given are either false or they apply even more to Democrats.

For example they will say they hate Trump because he lies, but they don't hate
Adam Schiff who was caught in far more egregious lies.

That is proof of TDS.


I posit that I am allowed to dislike any politician I want to and to like any politician I want to. This just because I hate someone you like, and like someone you hate that doesn’t make me a victim of TDS. It means I have different political opinions and value different things politically than you. That doesn’t make me deranged. I dislikeTrump because he’s a childish moron who represents our country on the world stage. That has no bearing on Adam Schiff or anyone else.
Back to top

Ora in town




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 5:03 pm
Cheiny wrote:
If you’re unable to find even one good thing that Pres. Trump has ever done... even one, that is just so dishonest and irrational to the core, that there can be no other possible explanation for that kind of blind hatred. So I’ll challenge his biggest critics here, can you find even one thing he’s done that’s good?

Up to his catastrophic handling of the Corona crisis, which killed 100'000 US-citizens, I felt that Trump had a better record than G. W. Bush who ignored warnings about 9/11, and then needlessly started two wars which still keep the middle east unstable...
Now, I'm not so sure any more...

It's not about hating Trump or not finding even one good thing he did.

when trump was running for president, I thought of the famous scene where Khrushtshov banged his shoe on the table... and of this famous French president who was removed from office for insanity after he was found in his tophat and pyjamas (or underwear?) on a railroad track (he had fallen out of the presidential train)
There were similarly undignified and ridiculous presidents in other countries, I thought, and if Trump wins, it's the American's turn to be ashamed for their president...

Indeed, he did not disappoint... He is undiginified and ridiculous, and in some instances even dangerous...
Back to top

shyshira




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 5:04 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
I posit that I am allowed to dislike any politician I want to and to like any politician I want to. This just because I hate someone you like, and like someone you hate that doesn’t make me a victim of TDS. It means I have different political opinions and value different things politically than you. That doesn’t make me deranged. I dislikeTrump because he’s a childish moron who represents our country on the world stage. That has no bearing on Adam Schiff or anyone else.


In theory - TDS means that you can't see past the man for the policy.

So for BB to "prove" a person has it, she's need to figure out a policy that the poster would otherwise be in favor of, but for the person who implemented it.
Back to top

OBnursemom




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 5:08 pm
shyshira wrote:
In theory - TDS means that you can't see past the man for the policy.

So for BB to "prove" a person has it, she's need to figure out a policy that the poster would otherwise be in favor of, but for the person who implemented it.


That’s as good a definition as any. I think BB will have trouble proving it.
Back to top

Reality




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 5:30 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
That’s as good a definition as any. I think BB will have trouble proving it.


Really? I think that's easy. Imagine if Governor Cuomo would have said he thought that hydroxiclorquine was a great drug and helpful in the fight against Covid 19. Do you honestly think he would have been torn to shreds by the media over that statement? Don't you think people would have had an open mind that this could be a medical breakthrough? Instead, because President Trump endorsed it, it became a hot button medication and countless lives were lost unnecessarily. Now a study has come out from India that giving this medication early on does help. But we in many parts of the US were denied that option because a medication became political. For shame! That is TDS.
Back to top

shyshira




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 5:35 pm
Reality wrote:
Really? I think that's easy. Imagine if Governor Cuomo would have said he thought that hydroxiclorquine was a great drug and helpful in the fight against Covid 19. Do you honestly think he would have been torn to shreds by the media over that statement? Don't you think people would have had an open mind that this could be a medical breakthrough? Instead, because President Trump endorsed it, it became a hot button medication and countless lives were lost unnecessarily. Now a study has come out from India that giving this medication early on does help. But we in many parts of the US were denied that option because a medication became political. For shame! That is TDS.


Its not "easy" if you need play 'make believe' to make your argument.
Back to top

Mevater




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 5:42 pm
So are the Trump hater Imas looking forward to voting for Biden?
Back to top

simcha2




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, May 25 2020, 5:46 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
I prove TDS a different way: I ask Trump Haters for reasons WHY they hate Trump.
The reasons given are either false or they apply even more to Democrats.

For example they will say they hate Trump because he lies, but they don't hate
Adam Schiff who was caught in far more egregious lies.

That is proof of TDS.


Given you numerous reasons.

So you're saying Schiff lying didn't bother you?
Back to top
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
What makes you respond to one post but not another similar ?
by amother
7 Today at 2:23 am View last post
Your name could be here
by amother
5 Yesterday at 6:26 pm View last post
TDS on full display
by Cheiny
1 Yesterday at 12:12 am View last post
Egg Chairs - if u own one, where to buy
by amother
3 Tue, Jul 07 2020, 1:34 pm View last post
Can we play a game here? 352 Thu, Jul 02 2020, 5:26 pm View last post

Jump to: