Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Missouri: Hair Stylists working with Covid exposed 140 clien
1  2  3  Next

Ora in town

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 6:53 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtCcodPkIEE

One stylist worked 8 days with symptoms, one other at the same salon worked for 5 days with mild symptoms...

140 clients were exposed to the virus...

To all those who say "it's over"...

ny21

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 6:56 pm
I won’t go even when things open in my I will save money getting my gray hair roots died at eight dollars a bottle I used. To die my hair myself for no reason now I need to

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 7:04 pm
That's the problem when workers are forced to come in or lose their job.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 7:15 pm
No one is saying the virus is over.

People are saying it is time for the lockdown, more draconian measures, to be over as they are no longer warranted B"H.

People are saying it is time to move forward with proper protocols in place.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 7:28 pm
They worked as hairdressers for a week WITH symptoms? Idiots.

Yeah, I know youre going to say that you could have corona without symptoms. But most people who don't have symptoms don't have corona, and most people who do have, do have corona. So you cant compare.

Besides that guy cant complain. HE should have stayed home. Anyone who goes to a hairdresser today (or anywhere really) knows they're taking a risk.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 8:11 pm
No one is saying it’s over
It isn’t over until a vaccine is found
But as long as hospitals and the medical field is dealing with the situation I think we have to move on. (With precautions)

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 8:14 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
They worked as hairdressers for a week WITH symptoms? Idiots.

Yeah, I know youre going to say that you could have corona without symptoms. But most people who don't have symptoms don't have corona, and most people who do have, do have corona. So you cant compare.

Besides that guy cant complain. HE should have stayed home. Anyone who goes to a hairdresser today (or anywhere really) knows they're taking a risk.

Is this a DIY study?

silverlining3

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 8:54 pm
And if it would've been a grocery packaging guy or cashier exposing customers?? That's essential, right?? YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS YOU STAY HOME!!! Regardless of where you work!
I feel sorry to those who were exposed but Idiot stays idiot!

That aside. Although it can be they were exposed by the hair stylist due to the fact she/he had symptoms, If these were at a hair stylist I'm quite sure they were in other places too! So you can't know for a fact it was the hair stylist....

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:15 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
No one is saying the virus is over.

People are saying it is time for the lockdown, more draconian measures, to be over as they are no longer warranted B"H.

People are saying it is time to move forward with proper protocols in place.

They all wore masks and cleaned.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:33 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
They all wore masks and cleaned.

We still have to go on with life
Of course there is going to be reinfections and hot spots until a vaccine is found no matter how many precautions we take.
But you also can’t live or raise children alone forever. It’s a calculated risk because hospitals aren’t overwhelmed

amother
Beige

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 9:37 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
We still have to go on with life
Of course there is going to be reinfections and hot spots until a vaccine is found no matter how many precautions we take.
But you also can’t live or raise children alone forever. It’s a calculated risk because hospitals aren’t overwhelmed

I hear you, but here we have 140 people getting sick just because of 2 hairdressers in one salon. Imagine the real numbers that could happen?

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:22 pm
We have precautions in place now and we have HaKodesh Baruchu.

So let's visualize a more positive future IY"H.

(whats the alternative? for everyone to stay in lockdown for ever? even with protocols in place and numbers decreasing B"H?)

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:24 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I hear you, but here we have 140 people getting sick just because of 2 hairdressers in one salon. Imagine the real numbers that could happen?
does the article mention how many actually got sick.?

UQT

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:27 pm
I red up on it so far only one customer has symptoms but he was also exposed from another source.

Einikel

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:31 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

None of the articles mention how many customers got sick, just that they were exposed.

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:45 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
does the article mention how many actually got sick.?

It doesn't but I think the point one takes from this is that people who are prudent are NOT going to engage in non-essential activities and will try to avoid situations which seem to be high risk.

The more one goes out and the more people with whom one interacts - especially in closed settings - the more likely one is going to be exposed to infected people.

It's why I don't understand this black or white thinking in terms of "opening up". Some things are critical like shopping for food and also one can frequent grocery stores which seem to practice social distancing more carefully than others. For example, safer to shop in a store with wide aisles in which the number of people are limited and which requires everyone to wear a mask versus a small store in which social distancing is impossible.

Most stuff can now be ordered by phone and picked up curbside as necessary. It is hard to think of anything that can't be purchased in this way. But if there truly is something which requires one to physically go inside a store to purchase, again one would be better off choosing to purchase a store which practices safety - wider spaces; limiting people inside; requiring everyone to wear a mask inside etc.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 10:55 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
It doesn't but I think the point one takes from this is that people who are prudent are NOT going to engage in non-essential activities and will try to avoid situations which seem to be high risk.

The more one goes out and the more people with whom one interacts - especially in closed settings - the more likely one is going to be exposed to infected people.

It's why I don't understand this black or white thinking in terms of "opening up". Some things are critical like shopping for food and also one can frequent grocery stores which seem to practice social distancing more carefully than others. For example, safer to shop in a store with wide aisles in which the number of people are limited and which requires everyone to wear a mask versus a small store in which social distancing is impossible.

Most stuff can now be ordered by phone and picked up curbside as necessary. It is hard to think of anything that can't be purchased in this way. But if there truly is something which requires one to physically go inside a store to purchase, again one would be better off choosing to purchase a store which practices safety - wider spaces; limiting people inside; requiring everyone to wear a mask inside etc.

I think the government should give that choice to the individual.
How desperate am I for a haircut?
Do I really need shoes?
How badly do I want a minyan?

Instead of dictating our lives let us make choices. (For employees it’s harder bec they will lose their jobs)

We’ve seen the affect of the virus. It’s not unknown anymore. Let us decide what we need to do instead of dictating it.

UQT

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 11:04 pm
https://people.com/health/miss.....irus/

Says so far only one person tested postive

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 11:04 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Do I really need shoes?

Instead of dictating our lives let us make choices. (For employees it’s harder bec they will lose their jobs)

We’ve seen the affect of the virus. It’s not unknown anymore. Let us decide what we need to do instead of dictating it.

Except this is a matter of public health. If you get sick and are infectious, it potentially impacts many other people including medical personnel who risk their lives to treat patients with covid19.

Public good is what is significant which is why good government is relying on experts in order to open up safely and also providing people with guidelines as to how to protect themselves and others. Frankly I am glad I don’t live in proximity to some of the posters on imamother in terms of how they say they are behaving. Not all but some of the posts I find shocking.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 25 2020, 11:58 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Do I really need shoes?

This puts the employees in an impossible place. If the boss won't allow them to take off, or provide enough sick leave, what do they do, quit? Then they don't qualify for unemployment. It is way too tempting for people to rationalize they feel well enough to come to work when they really shouldn't. Not a good idea in a pandemic.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics