Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Salmon recipe that will be good all YT
1  2  Next

itsmeima

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 2:51 pm
What's a good salmon recipe (not the standard Hungarian one with sugar and onions) that I can make today and it will be good all YT.

Frumme

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:05 pm
Mustard maple: Coat entire fillet in a mix of Dijon mustard and maple syrup. Sprinkle black pepper and salt on top. Slice mushrooms to lay on the fillet (optional).

Miso, margarine, mirin: 1/4 cup of miso, 1/4 cup margarine, and 1/4 cup mirin (or sake plus a few tbsp sugar). Mix together as well as you can. Spread over fillet and bake with sliced scallions on top. Best for pan seared salmon but works great in the oven, too.

2cents

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:07 pm
itsmeima wrote:
What's a good salmon recipe (not the standard Hungarian one with sugar and onions) that I can make today and it will be good all YT.

Not to derail...but what's the standard Hungarian one?

tichellady

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:07 pm
Gravlax with sushi grade salmon

I don’t think other salmon will be good if you make it today

Einikel

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:12 pm
2cents wrote:
Not to derail...but what's the standard Hungarian one?

Sautéed onions with sugar and lemon juice add fishcover fish with water and cook about 30-45 minutes. There are different variations this is how I make it

itsmeima

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:22 pm
Frumme wrote:
Mustard maple: Coat entire fillet in a mix of Dijon mustard and maple syrup. Sprinkle black pepper and salt on top. Slice mushrooms to lay on the fillet (optional).

Miso, margarine, mirin: 1/4 cup of miso, 1/4 cup margarine, and 1/4 cup mirin (or sake plus a few tbsp sugar). Mix together as well as you can. Spread over fillet and bake with sliced scallions on top. Best for pan seared salmon but works great in the oven, too.

Have you tried this, would this last that long?

reality mom

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:31 pm
I make an easy delicious baked Moroccan style salmon!
No exact recipe so play around as per your liking).
Marinade:
Soy sauce
Olive oil
Onion soup mix
Cilantro (fresh or cubes)
Garlic (fresh or cubes)
Cumin.
Put salmon in pans, spread tricolored julienne peppers over it, and bake!
Add jalapeno peppers if you like it spicy.
This lasts me a while in the fridge.

nycgal

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:38 pm
I make a cooked Moroccan salmon that lasts a while. Salt fish generously an hour before cooking. Sautée chopped(not frozen) garlic and jalapeño pepper(take out the seeds if you like it less hot). Add 1 can chickpeas, 1 can tomato sauce, 1 can water, 1-2 tsp sugar, some cumin. Simmer for a few minutes. Add salmon and simmer for 45 minutes.
Delicious served hot(warmed up on yomtov), very good served room temperature.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 3:58 pm
Pickled salmon is best if made a few days ahead.

Salmon fillets
2 cups water
1 cup vinegar
1/2 Tblsp salt
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 bay leaves
Heaping Tblsp whole allspice
Sliced onions

Bring all ingredients except for the salmon to a boil in a small pot and then simmer briefly. While the sauce is cooking, wrap each fillet individually in plastic wrap and place at the bottom of a large pot in a single layer. Pour the sauce over the fish and simmer for ~25 minutes. Cool fish in pot. Once cool, transfer pieces to a pan and unwrap carefully. Pour some of the sauce over. Cover tightly and refrigerate.

Note: Keeps refrigerated for 2 weeks and is best made a few days before you plan to serve.

chaya678

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 4:27 pm
Peaslovencarrots has a recipe for crispy baked tartar style fish sticks using salmon. Looks really good. She made last year for shavuos. Can’t figure out how to post the pic of the recipe but it’s On her instagram feed.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 6:46 pm
My secret recipe is one ingredient - smother the salmon with honey and bake until just done. Cook covered for the first half of the time, and then uncover and turn on the broiler to get a caramelized top. Let it sit in the oven until cooled so the flesh is cooked evenly but not dried out.

Serve warm the first day. Serve cold the second day. Serve leftovers flaked into a green salad with a vinaigrette dressing and lots of chopped veggies.

Honey is a humectant, which means that it locks in the juices and keeps it from getting dry. It's also anti bacterial, so you won't have to worry so much about the fish spoiling by the third day. I've never had salmon go bad when using honey.

For best results, get dark, organic honey, not the golden refined type. You want a rich, complex flavor. Processed honey is too sweet and bland.

I make this every Rosh Hashana, and get nothing but rave reviews. People can't believe how simple it is.

Cheiny

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 6:47 pm
tichellady wrote:
Gravlax with sushi grade salmon

I don’t think other salmon will be good if you make it today

That’s not true. Salmon can certainly stay good in the fridge for 4 days.

Cheiny

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 6:49 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
Pickled salmon is best if made a few days ahead.

Salmon fillets
2 cups water
1 cup vinegar
1/2 Tblsp salt
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 bay leaves
Heaping Tblsp whole allspice
Sliced onions

Bring all ingredients except for the salmon to a boil in a small pot and then simmer briefly. While the sauce is cooking, wrap each fillet individually in plastic wrap and place at the bottom of a large pot in a single layer. Pour the sauce over the fish and simmer for ~25 minutes. Cool fish in pot. Once cool, transfer pieces to a pan and unwrap carefully. Pour some of the sauce over. Cover tightly and refrigerate.

Note: Keeps refrigerated for 2 weeks and is best made a few days before you plan to serve.

OP said she didn’t want this type.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 6:54 pm
Cheiny wrote:
OP said she didn’t want this type.

But maybe someone else on the thread does.

Lovemy5

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 7:04 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
But maybe someone else on the thread does.

I might try this. How long in the oven and what temp?

987gold

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 8:04 pm
Cook salmon in water for 20 min.
Puree in hand blended equal amounts of vinegar water sugar mayonnaise and ketchup.
Pour water out from cooked salmon. Slice onions over fish. Pour sauce mixture over fish. Put a bay leave on each side of pan and refrigerate. Yum!! It lasts a couple days no problem. In the pesach cookbook.

tichellady

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 9:34 pm
Cheiny wrote:
That’s not true. Salmon can certainly stay good in the fridge for 4 days.

I guess it’s a matter of taste. I do not like salmon unless it’s pretty fresh

Frumme

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:28 pm
itsmeima wrote:
Have you tried this, would this last that long?

Yes! I love it. Actually have it in the oven right now, 400 on convection for 30 or so minutes (check at *25 for your oven....)

The mustard and maple glaze keeps it from drying out in the fridge.

Edit: mistake with the times

Last edited by Frumme on Wed, May 27 2020, 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

itsmeima

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:35 pm
Oh wow, you are so all generous! Now, I need to get up and actually make it!

Thanks!

bouncy

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 12:00 am
Kippered Salmon- If you like the smoked style...
My sister found this recipe online and its now our family favorite

I buy a side of salmon- I find its moister like that
1.2-2 lb salmon
2tbs brown sugar
1 tbs smoked salt
1/2 tbs salt

directions
rinse fish
put in a plastic bag and add in the ingredients, mush it around so flavor goes all over. (I buy my fish Wednesday and I leave it till Friday)
We like the fish room temp. so about 3/4hr before dzman- I rinse the fish, lay it out on a cookie sheet and bake for about 2hr on 200
I leave it out till we eat it

let me know how ya njoy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics