Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cincinnati Housing
Previous  1  2

amother
Violet

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 7:59 am
there's definitely crime in parts of Cincinnati. In the frum community though it's really not bad.

I get along with my non Jewish neighbors. The community tries to do stuff for the police officers...I think it's better then in other communities.

I do think that as communities get larger often they have more issues with the surrounding non Jews so I'm a little worried but hopefully it'll be ok.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:04 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
there's definitely crime in parts of Cincinnati. In the frum community though it's really not bad.

I get along with my non Jewish neighbors. The community tries to do stuff for the police officers...I think it's better then in other communities.

I do think that as communities get larger often they have more issues with the surrounding non Jews so I'm a little worried but hopefully it'll be ok.

Thanks. I agree with your last line, which is why we prefer small communities over larger ones...I always thought Cincinnati had a huge community, but from the posts here I see I was wrong.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:05 am
Amberley has very little crime, police are constantly patrolling.
Golf Manor has pockets and a neighborhood over is low class and has crime but it hardly ever touches the frum neighborhood BA"H.

Everyone is friendly here, I do not feel antisemitism at all. So, so many people try to "connect" with me and tell me how they grew up in a large family, etc

Have had total strangers help me reach things on the top shelves of the grocery, with pleasure, not begrudgingly...

amother
Violet

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:16 am
every size community has its pluses and minuses.
I have one child who was really struggling in one of the local school's socially. I switched her to the other school but now there is only one other girl her age. She's still young but I'm a little concerned what's going to be when she's older.

In a larger community there are more options for kids to be friends with.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 1:47 pm
Thank you all for your replies and input. I am wondering if there is a rental market in the main frum area if homes are hard to come by. How much is does rent go for?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 3:02 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Amberley has very little crime, police are constantly patrolling.
Golf Manor has pockets and a neighborhood over is low class and has crime but it hardly ever touches the frum neighborhood BA"H.

Everyone is friendly here, I do not feel antisemitism at all. So, so many people try to "connect" with me and tell me how they grew up in a large family, etc

Have had total strangers help me reach things on the top shelves of the grocery, with pleasure, not begrudgingly...

Thanks. Are the cops discriminatory? (Sorry...weird question, I know...)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 4:45 pm
The frum community has a great relationship with the police departments in both neighborhoods that the majority of frum people live in.

There's not a large rental market either :-(
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating