Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
PSA. You can't decide for others regardless of what you thin

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:38 pm
at this point people are so stuck in what their personal opinions of all this are, that I want to point out something that should be obvious, but can be forgotten.

Regardless of your personal feelings or opinion, when you are in public, you cannot assume that others feel the same way.

Please don't say that they should just stay home. When you are in public, please keep all precautions out of respect for those who are vulnerable. Because this is taking so long, many vulnerable people fo need to venture out at some point to take care of important things. It is unfair to them when others assume that they can come close to them and talk directly in front or not wear protective gear.

Signed,
Someone who is at risk and believes in reopening, but is begging for others to just be respectful.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 10:45 pm
Just an example which I know is a bit extreme...

A family member with several medical issues finally went to a bank to take care of something really important. He was ridiculed while on line for wearing a mask and gloves.

Not only were they wrong for doing that obviously, but it is precisely for people like him that they should have been wearing protective things as well!

He is not the type to speak up but I so wish he would have! People need to realize that they need to think beyond themselves.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:07 pm
So many people have tried helpfully explaining to me why SD is all political now and how dangerous masks really are that I've adopted a fun line: "Thank you for your opinion." I say it sweetly. It has never failed to either shut them up, make them back down, and in one case it elicited a lengthy unnecessary apology.

I hope my kids won't get bullied about this as we move forward with reopening.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:15 pm
The crazy part is that it feels like many of those who are so vocal about opening up are the same people who shun the masks and SD, making it harder for the vulnerable to... open up.

Don't just rudely tell me to stay home if I"m concerned.
Make it work or me too, it's not so complicated.
I also want to reopen.
So would you please wear your mask?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 26 2020, 11:27 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
The crazy part is that it feels like many of those who are so vocal about opening up are the same people who shun the masks and SD, making it harder for the vulnerable to... open up.

Don't just rudely tell me to stay home if I"m concerned.
Make it work or me too, it's not so complicated.
I also want to reopen.
So would you please wear your mask?

Exactly!

I also feel like people don't realize that by not keeping the directives they are kind of reinforcing the idea that people can't do the right thing on their own and need the government to police them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics