Home

Looks like the left is becoming anti-lockdown

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

southernbubby

Post  Wed, May 27 2020, 8:27 am
I didn't pay for a subscription to the WaPo but there are some anti-lockdown op-eds today that I can't read but the titles say it all.
Meanwhile, there is egg all over Gretchen Whitmer's face because her husband tried to use her position to cut the line at a marina. That doesn't demonstrate understanding of the hard working Michigan resident who has no privileges at boat clubs or elsewhere and now may be unemployed
Georgia was at the helm of re-opening and may be seeing a slight uptick in the infection rate but it looks like a reasonable trade off because people are not desperate enough to do dangerous or stupid things there. This doesn't mean that the economy is saved there but at least the government didn't tank it.

Jeanette

Post  Wed, May 27 2020, 10:47 am
I've said this before and I'll say this again.

None of this is nor should be a political issue. Mask wearing and social distancing is not a political statement.

There's a fine line between protecting public health with minimal disruption to the economy and daily life. It's a very tough tightrope and decisions must be made with limited information. Absolutely no one wants to deliberately crash the economy to hurt President Trump. These suggestions are off the wall and put lives at risk. Unfortunately there are people determined to politicize every element of this pandemic no matter how many lives are put at risk. I don't understand it at all.

southernbubby

Post  Wed, May 27 2020, 11:41 am
Apparently a poll taken in NY indicated that people are more concerned about opening too quickly and risk a resurgence of the virus than they are about the economy and Cuomo may be reacting to that sentiment.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h