Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you get uncomfortable
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:05 pm
When non-anon imas overshare? Im wondering if im the only one? I feel like im in an awkard conversation with a friend where shes telling me too many intimate details about her life that I dont really want to know and that she will probably regret telling me.

mig100

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:18 pm
Yew

CiCi

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When non-anon imas overshare? Im wondering if im the only one? I feel like im in an awkard conversation with a friend where shes telling me too many intimate details about her life that I dont really want to know and that she will probably regret telling me.

1. How do you know who these "non-anon imas" are?

2. Don't you think you should be feeling empathy if an ima is sharing her struggles?

lilies

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:24 pm
mig100 wrote:
Yew

Is that the yiddish version of Jew? LOL

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:25 pm
CiCi wrote:
1. How do you know who these "non-anon imas" are?

2. Don't you think you should be feeling empathy if an ima is sharing her struggles?

Feeling empathy and me being uncomfortable are not mutually exclusive...
That being said I feel like im about to get very badly attacked so I wont be responding to any more posts ..

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:26 pm
lilies wrote:
Is that the yiddish version of Jew? LOL

It’s a conglomeration of Yuk and ew. Yew.

giselle

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That being said I feel like im about to get very badly attacked so I wont be responding to any more posts ..

I have nothing attacking to say on the matter, but I’m just curious - you started a thread and won’t respond to any posts?

amother
Beige

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:33 pm
It’s sad that OP feels she will get attacked. And for good reason. Unfortunately on every thread there will be attackers. You gotta learn to grow a thick skin here.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:36 pm
No. Non anon posts always feel very authentic to me.

liveandlove.ima

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:38 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
It’s sad that OP feels she will get attacked. And for good reason. Unfortunately on every thread there will be attackers. You gotta learn to grow a thick skin here.

and how is it always the anon-imas the one to attack. if you're so certain, you are doing the right thing then why go undercover? wondering
If Imamother would want to stop the hate. they should probably upgrade to block anon on regular post. I do agree tho that intimacy, Family Sanctity etc should be anon preferred.

CiCi

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm sorry. I should've asked the second question in a more mild tone.

But I honestly don't understand why someone should be embarrassed if their real identities are hidden and no identifying details given.

Last edited by CiCi on Wed, May 27 2020, 5:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

behappy2

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:48 pm
To answer OP, you are projecting your own feelings. You feel uncomfortable sharing. They are comfortable.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:49 pm
The things I share (which can feel like too much to some) are things that I feel comfortable sharing IRL too. But then there are things I don’t discuss here and don’t discuss with others either.

singleagain

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:52 pm
I'm very open. If someone doesn't want to know everything that can skip my posts. But like thunderstorm said, there are certain likes I draw. Could be that your lines are elsewhere.

But if we are sharing, figure we are okay with it.

mommyhood

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:57 pm
CiCi wrote:
I'm sorry. I should've asked the second question in a more mild tone.

But I honestly don't understand why someone should be embarrassed if their real identities are hidden and no identifying details given.

Not all posters keep their identity private. Even those who try can sometimes give away enough after a while here that would identify them to people they know.
I have definitely read posts and cringed from feeling that they shared too much in ‘Public.’

silverlining3

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 6:04 pm
I sometimes get uncomfortable reading threads with screen names. Mostly not though

Even non anon isn't giving out any or much of their identity.
What you consider oversharing might just be a fraction of what their situation really is.

On the other hand, many go anon for various reasons.
May be for the Imas judging, this screen name always has this or that opinion.
Low self esteem

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 6:10 pm
It is okay to ask the question. Op is feeling a certain way and wondering if this is common. Not a judgment on her or on the imamothers sharing either.
Different boundaries and comfort levels.
Also sometimes amother has an outlet here to ask, as you did, or share whereas she would not irl. Can be a real lifesaver. There are all kinds here including those who can help and those who should move on from a thread.
Mi K'amcha Yisroel!

Sammy Girl

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 7:00 pm
I don't post much under my screen name but I love the posters that do. I love their authenticity, bravery, frankness, in sharing about themselves. I love how they've gotten to feel like old friends. Shout-out to you all! I haven't experienced the Yew! feeling yet and I have been hanging out here for a while. I guess we're all different.

Cheshire cat

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 7:33 pm
Unless the post is graphic and off- putting (rare), I actually admire those imas for being comfortable enough in their own skin to share.
Many women who share of their lives, their struggles, their frustrations and shortcomings and challenges here... come across as growing, thoughtful, brave people.

Ora in town

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 9:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I try to avoid opening threads where I can anticipate that I will feel uncomfortable because of the subjects raised.

As far as anonymous posting is concerned: I think it is over-used and abused...

When I feel uncomfortable, it makes not difference whether there is a Nick or a colour-name...

And also: many are still identifiable, even when "anonymous"...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics