Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How longer immunocompromised person should stay home?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:05 pm
My friend wants to go to her parents for shvuos. She stayed home until now. I think she shouldn’t. What do you think?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:06 pm
I think it should be between her and her doctor.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:07 pm
I would not go.

mig100

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:07 pm
I think ur friend and her parents should make a decision based on guidance from drs not imamother

Ora in town

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:15 pm
they could all test...

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 5:45 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I think it should be between her and her doctor.

A month ago the doctor told her not to go but she thinks he wants to protect himself against liability problems

LovesHashem

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 6:08 pm
Ora in town wrote:
they could all test...

Because the tests are all accurate, right? Can't Believe It
In my opinion, she shouldn't risk her life. If you immune compromised this is incredibly dangerous.

But honestly, no one asked me. And she didn't ask you either.

I would show concern for her, suggest her to talk to her doctor and then drop it - if she wants to take my advice and rethink she can, if she doesn't care I can't MAKE her care.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 6:09 pm
It doesn't matter what we think. Her family, her decision.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 6:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A month ago the doctor told her not to go but she thinks he wants to protect himself against liability problems

Okay, no.
I know a couple of immune compromised people, and plenty of doctors. I even know a couple of PHD type people who are currently in some of the labs working on a vaccine for this thing.

If you are immune compromised you have a high chance of dying from corona.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 6:12 pm
This is where it helps to have a trusted doctor! If she is immunocompromised she may have more than one doctor and can ask them all so as to verify that its good advice and not about liability. I personally do not think it is about liability only because we have been asking friends who are doctors and are hearing the same advice. Though we are healthy B"H they are advising us to only visit outside and SD.
hugs its tough!

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 6:40 pm
uummmmm....... Arent we all locked in and our kids out school to protect the immunocompromised?? Then we hear of the one's in danger going out.....

amother
Wine

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 6:41 pm
My friend with an immunocompromised child was told by the doctors in CHOP that it will have to be until there is a trustworthy vaccine Crying

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 8:10 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
My friend with an immunocompromised child was told by the doctors in CHOP that it will ha e to be until there is a trustworthy vaccine Crying

I didn’t understand. You were missing letters

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:04 am
What would you do if it was your newlywed child?

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:08 am
Would depend on the type and degree of immunodeficiency, prevalence of virus in the area, whether anyone already had the virus, age of the person

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:30 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Would depend on the type and degree of immunodeficiency, prevalence of virus in the area, whether anyone already had the virus, age of the person

It’s a city with an average contamination. The host family didn’t have the virus. The doctor recommended that the child shouldn’t go.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s a city with an average contamination. The host family didn’t have the virus. The doctor recommended that the child shouldn’t go.
nobody gonna tell you to go against drs orders but out of curiosity, what type of immunocompromisation? Why are the parents not afraid?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 1:08 am
The child took a medication for a very long and frequent hospital stays few years ago. The doctor said in case of coronavirus that still can be a problem and complications to the lungs. If I am the parent and the child want to go to the in-laws and the in-laws invited them. The child still left it open a bit. Wwyd? would you be angry? Forceful? Or let the child make their own decision. I think it is irresponsible and dangerous and also will affect everyone so it’s also the parents decision

Notsobusy

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 1:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The child took a medication for a very long and frequent hospital stays few years ago. The doctor said in case of coronavirus that still can be a problem and complications to the lungs. If I am the parent and the child want to go to the in-laws and the in-laws invited them. The child still left it open a bit. Wwyd? would you be angry? Forceful? Or let the child make their own decision. I think it is irresponsible and dangerous and also will affect everyone so it’s also the parents decision

I would be loving and say I love you and I'm scared for you and I want us all to have many more Yomim tovim together, so please, please discuss this with your doctor again.

Angry and forceful will probably
both backfire. But you know your child best so only you know how best to reason with them.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 6:50 am
OP, please, we are random anonymous women on the internet. What if you listen to us and then something happens? Its not worth the child's life.
Each immuno compromised person is different.
I have two family members who are. One was told its fine to go to school and the other was told under no circumstances to go outside.
So we really cant tell you what to do.
Please, listen to the doctor. Its worth the child's health.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics