Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
We are drowning in chocolate milk!!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Zehava

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:19 pm
We get a small bottle per kid every other day. But then they can randomly decide to give dh two boxes that are meant for bigger families and boom, four big bottles.
Some of the other stuff is great.
I sent home my cleaning lady today with loads of veggies, avacado, tuna and egg salad... I doubt the public schools give all that.

rising hero

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:34 pm
Zehava wrote:
We get a small bottle per kid every other day. But then they can randomly decide to give dh two boxes that are meant for bigger families and boom, four big bottles.
Some of the other stuff is great.
I sent home my cleaning lady today with loads of veggies, avacado, tuna and egg salad... I doubt the public schools give all that.

Avocado?? Who gives avocado? I'd love to get some!!

thriver

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:37 pm
I’m OOT and we get... nothing!! Ship some of your leftovers here. Thanks 😊

Zehava

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:39 pm
Madam F. wrote:
Avocado?? Who gives avocado? I'd love to get some!!

We got like four overripe ones and only dh likes them so...

Tzutzie

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:47 pm
We go thru less than a bottle of milk a week.... and we get on average 7 bottles from school lunches per week....
bh my neighbors school gives blue milk so she found a recipient for it and she takes my red. It took up ALL my fridge and freezer space. Now she takes it. Yay me!
A different neighbor dumps it as soon as it arrives at her house....
I don't have the heart to throw out good food even though I know that's what they do on the farm, there is an overflow of milk!

Bruria

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:51 pm
If anyone in Brooklyn wants to get rid of CY chocolate milk, PM me LOL

thriver

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:53 pm
BH this should be your biggest problem ladies ❤️

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:34 am
I live in brooklyn don't get milk. Neither do some of my neighbors. If you have extra, sharevwith your neighbors. I bought 3 big milk today.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 2:19 am
I wish I had chocolate milk right now. I would love to drink some!

BTW, you don't want t know what I paid for avocados.

Teomima

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 3:10 am
Isn't there a cream cheese shortage in the States? Why not make cream cheese from all the milk? It won't help if you're getting chocolate milk I guess (though there's a chocolate cheese spread you can buy here in Israel that's really good, sweet and tangy, so maybe you could actually make something like that?) but I've heard several people in here complain about too much milk. Personally I'd love to make cheese more often but it calls for so much milk it's not always practical for me. Bonus, any cheese you make would take up a lot less space in your freezer than the milk would.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 4:03 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
For those of you who have the time you can make delicious yogurt and cream cheese out of your milk.
We did and it came out awesome.

Ooh nice, can you please share the recipe? I just finished making cottage cheese with 2.5 gal. We get milk from ppl who have too much and it made almost two containers of cottage. Tomorrow will receive more and will make more of it tastes good, are fleishig so I can't taste it.
Would love to add cream cheese and yogurt to the list

goforit

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 4:52 am
https://I.imgur.com/orZ15Oq.jpg

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 5:03 am
I get tons of blue milk but my kids dont drink it, so I end up with buying a few red bottles a week. What a shame. I thought New Jersey doesn't allow red milk otherwise I would call my kids school. Anyone know the law?

amother
White

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 7:07 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
I live in brooklyn don't get milk. Neither do some of my neighbors. If you have extra, sharevwith your neighbors. I bought 3 big milk today.

I’m not in Brooklyn, but I’m constantly begging people to take it where I live, but everyone and their mothers have an over abundance. I hate waste. This bothers me so much.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 8:24 am
We have two school age kids. We all drink tons of milk (smoothies, iced coffeee, cereal with milk) the 2 bottles a wk they give isn’t enough. We go thru 5 bottles a wk.

amother
White

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 8:26 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
We have two school age kids. We all drink tons of milk (smoothies, iced coffeee, cereal with milk) the 2 bottles a wk they give isn’t enough. We go thru 5 bottles a wk.

I have two big kids and I think I received four bottles this week. We use one.

cbg

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 8:43 am
Ask for plain milk and make your own yogurt and cheese
Full fat if possible

zaq

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 9:35 am
Bizarre that you're getting only chocolate milk. All that sugar can't be consistent with nutitional guidelines.
Make pudding. Leave out the cocoa, salt and sugar called for in the recipe and just add the cornstarch.
Try making yogurt. The sugar and cocoa might interfere with the process but it's worth a try. chocolate yogurt sounds delicious.

FTR, school-age children are supposed to drink 4 cups of milk a day.
Adults should get 2-3 servings a day.

Hashemlovesme1

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 9:53 am
zaq wrote:

Make pudding. Leave out the cocoa, salt and sugar called for in the recipe and just add the cornstarch.

That’s a great idea! It could work for shavuos dessert. Do you have a recipe? (Also does potato starch work instead of corn starch?)

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 11:59 am
I'll take some milk, especially chocolate!

We only have one baby who is not school aged, so we aint getting any of this stuff.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics