Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What covid 19 has taught us
1  2  Next

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:17 pm
Instead of focusing on what rabbonim tell us the message is and debating whether they were right or wrong how about everyone post their own personal growth experience they had from the whole situation.

I’ll start by saying that I had a lot of growth on the scale Surprised

Other than that I feel that this has been the ultimate lesson in “Man plans and God laughs!” There really is no other sure thing in this world besides Hashem!!

behappy2

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:22 pm
Awareness of human vulnerability and appreciation for the little things

Beauty of slowing down

The practice of acceptance over and over again

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:39 pm
My inspiration keeps going back to the fact that schools and yeshivas are closed and Hashem wanted it for way for a reason and that we need to do a system overhaul so every child feels loved and accepted.
Just my own inspo.
Not sure how I'm going to go ahead to implement it as I don't run a school. But this is just the thought that keeps popping up.

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:41 pm
Covid has taught us that we don't know anything. The more we learn, the less we know.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:42 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
My inspiration keeps going back to the fact that schools and yeshivas are closed and Hashem wanted it for way for a reason and that we need to do a system overhaul so every child feels loved and accepted.
Just my own inspo.
Not sure how I'm going to go ahead to implement it as I don't run a school. But this is just the thought that keeps popping up.

Yes. There were certainly a lot of kids doing way better without school unfortunately!

Zehava

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:43 pm
Covid taught me that all my children really need is two healthy, loving parents. The rest is commentary.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 10:47 pm
I worked on accepting that I have no control over anything in life and Hashem is in charge always. I learned to let Him run the show without me interrupting and trying to do it my way.

I learned to spend LOTS of time with my children and talk and to appreciate it.

I began appreciating and feeling even more gratitude towards Hashem and when I say the bracha of “Asher Yatzar” , I began feeling with my body what that truly means.

I spent a lot of time Davening and listening to shiurim, something I usually don’t make a priority because I say “I don’t have time”.

I practiced and worked hard on myself to respect my DH even though I have been doing the brunt of work and took on the financial burden now while he is out of work and more relaxed.

I began reaching out to my parents more even though I grew up in dysfunction and we have had strained relationships.

As a family we united together to sing Shabbos zemiros at the table . This was something that never really happened before in our home.

I realized how much bracha Hashem has bestowed upon us. Just hearing from so many people about the extra milk everyone had made me realize that we really live in abundance even when we struggle with parnassah. It’s a bracha that all this extra food was available to even be able to be distributed.

I found a deeper love towards klal Yisroel after I witnessed the extreme chesed that was done and the selflessness some people had just for another yid they didn’t even know.

avrahamama

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Covid has taught us that we don't know anything. The more we learn, the less we know.

Someone told me that this is the series before mashiach. That we come to an understanding that the more we learn the less we know. All that we really know is that we don't really know anything.

avrahamama

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:21 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Someone told me that this is the series before mashiach. That we come to an understanding that the more we learn the less we know. All that we really know is that we don't really know anything.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, May 27 2020, 11:23 pm
I agree with all previous sentiments.
I would like to add:
Quarantine helped me listen better to my inner voice and to follow that inner compass for greater clarity and direction.
Not to take for granted being able to spend time with friends and family.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 12:28 am
Its really beautiful to see everyone’s responses. For a change a covid-19 Thread with no negativity. Bli eyin hora TMI

silverlining3

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 1:20 am
It taught me that
*It's okay to agree to disagree. We don't need to hate each other's for that! Even dh
*Happy mom, happy house.
*Respect people's opinions, don't bring them down.
*No-one is perfect.
*Treasure my parents even more than I did

DrMom

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 2:54 am
Baruch HaShem, we are doing okay financially and health-wise.

It taught us that we can cope with stressful situations and that we can be disciplined and agile and accomplish things even under trying circumstances. (I guess living in Israel, we already knew that...)

- School cancelled? We can learn at home/remotely.
- Can't go into work? We can turn a closet into a home office and get stuff done.
- Can't travel more than 100m from your home? We can get exercise by running around the block, jumping rope, playing soccer in an alleyway, etc.
- The only place that's open is the supermarket? We can experiment with recipes for fun.
- No guests for Pesach? We'll make our own intimate and fun and family-oriented seder.
- One of us is out of work for a few weeks? We'll scrimp and save and adjust our budget.

Success10

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 3:06 am
I learned I am much more capable than I ever gave myself credit for.
and
I learned that we have zero control. We need to let go and let Hashem run the show.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 4:07 am
I learned that I will never be nervous about school vacations again. With kh a bunch of little kids, vacation was always a struggle of how are we going to keep the kids entertained?! No longer... Very Happy

Success10

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 5:07 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I learned that I will never be nervous about school vacations again. With kh a bunch of little kids, vacation was always a struggle of how are we going to keep the kids entertained?! No longer... Very Happy

On this note, I learned that I will never pay for a backyard camp again. I can deal with my own kids for a week and survive.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 5:42 am
My life has often seemed like ome big case of if something unexpected can turn ething upside down, it will. I have learned to roll w the punches. This experience has in some ways been the first time in a long time that I feel like I am going through the same thing as the rest of the world.
This sounds very morbid, but I don't mean it that way. I just feel a little bit less different in this one scenario.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 5:44 am
It has taught me that life is full of surprises. We dont know way more than we know, in many areas of life.

In the year 2020, the very highly respected geniuses of the medical community dont have cures for many diseases, no matter how hard they try.

They had no cure for the Spanish Flu 100 years ago, and with 100 years of medical, scientific and technological advances, have no cure for Covid19.

It has also taught me to look past peoples outside wrappings, because many unknown people, some Jewish, some not, some religious, some not, are heroes, and are risking their lives to save others lives, and not looking for notoriety or credit.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 9:15 am
avrahamama wrote:

This is slightly problematic because it goes against belief in Hashen IMO and why I try to not go there (in terms of science) and avoid the subject

Last edited by amother on Sat, Feb 05 2022, 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, May 28 2020, 9:31 am
How amazing it is to be home with my kids. I never want to go back to work again, this is heaven! It's not easy, I go to sleep crying a lot and often feel like the world is caving in. But watching them grow and blossom and how incredibly cute they are makes it worth it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics