Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cruise

VogueChic

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 11:24 am
We are looking into going on a cruise by ourselves (no kids). Any good suggestions we need it to be kosher CY. We know of Kosherica, does anyone else know of anything else or have an reviews on Kosherica. Thanks

cindy324

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 1:03 pm
Don't know about KOsherica, but someone just told me that Royal Carribbean has a kosher kitchen , so you actually get normal food, NOT the prewrapped Meal Mart meals. I have to still check this out, as my DH and I are also looking into a cruise for our 15th anniversary. As far as CY goes , not sure about that.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 1:07 pm
There are cruises which are geared towards Israelis, but leave from various ports. My parents told me of one which will be cruising the Black Sea for 10 days... I am sure anyone can join.

jemappelle

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 5:35 pm
there is one to alaska that is supposed to be magnificent

VogueChic

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 5:41 pm
is it cold in alaska?

kitchen designer

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 5:44 pm
Not as much as it used to be thanks to global warming.

trafficgal

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 6:28 pm
We just got back from a cruise, it was FANTASTIC!

Feel free to ask me anything!

We went with Royal Caribbean I imagine that an all kosher cruise would be better but it is also at least 3x the price (if not more!)

The food is not the main point of the cruise and you must go with the right attitude! Something alot of ppl. don't realize is that you can order a few dinners each night. So we found what we liked a side from one dish a main from another and stuck with that... breakfast they also gave us fresh fruits lunch and dinner fresh salad we checked the lettuce at the table... You do have to tell them no dressings, onions etc. but they get it after a few days! They even brought us a bottle of olive oil and a lemon so we could make our own dressings.

Seriously I so highly recommend this kind of vacation it was incredible!!

We were told that by far Royal Caribbean has the best prepackaged kosher food of all the lines out there... Stay AWAY from carnival they serve NO kosher food!

Any other questions PM me Smile

frumnurse

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 12:53 am
That is amazing. I never thought that one can go on cruise and get kosher food without going on the official Kosherica type cruises. How do you arrange for the kosher meals? and did you have enough food or did you have to bring some of your own?

trafficgal

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 7:03 am
We had more then enough food b/c we ordered a few servings per meal we took back to our room and kept it in the bar... The only "food" we brought was chocolate and I stand by that bring LOTS!!!!

I believe my DH asked them to note it when he made the reservations!

Also as soon as we got on board we had to go wait inline to speak to the Matradee to make sure that they had dinner for us... they tried to tell us that fish was kosher so we could just eat salmon but I firmly told them NO we need the packaged meals! The only problem with that was that on the first night we did not get to chose what we got for dinner so they wound up serving one meat and one dairy... luckly they served the dairy first so we took the meat back to our room and ate it later.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 7:06 am
There are people who go on regular cruises, and bring their food, but my dh says after some time it gets not so appetizing at all...

cindy324

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 11:21 am
trafficgal, would you mind sharing info like, where you went, how many days and approx. cost? thanks!

amother

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 11:28 am
The best kosher cruises are Eddie's . they have fresh million courses meals a day, excellent excurtions .
I am a bit of an expert because we love cruising. Onces you try it you get adictet to it. It is the nicest way to travel.

Hannah!

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 11:48 am
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Mon, May 05 2008, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

trafficgal

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 6:44 pm
cindy324 wrote:
trafficgal, would you mind sharing info like, where you went, how many days and approx. cost? thanks!

We went to Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel
it was a 7 day cruise we had to board early on Friday so we were on the ship be4 shabbos stated and shabbos was a sailing day. around 1,500 that did not include insurance or airline tickets to get to FL.

PM me if you want more specifics then that

Tefila

Post Tue, Feb 05 2008, 7:09 pm
YOu must have had a wonderful time I loved their fruit platters so artistically designed Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics