Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
50s-60s Bklyn Imas w no antibodies, how careful are you?

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 10:48 pm
50s-60s Bklyn Imas:

If you tested negative for COVID19 antibodies, and you live in a city where there were many deaths (Brooklyn), how careful are you about Social Distancing, contact, wearing masks, etc, now that cases are decreasing?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, May 30 2020, 11:50 pm
Still Careful' however, with the better sunny weather more relaxed about visiting outside with social distancing space etc and masks when and if that is not always possible to guarantee space.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 12:09 am
No, why should I suffer just because I don't have antibodies, I too am bored in my home. It's not like they know if antibodies will prevent you from getting it again anyway as there are different strains and they don't know how long the antibodies last. I figure I am not actually any worse or greater risk than anybody else. Maybe I am even more immune and safer as I never got it in the first place.

soap suds

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 1:13 am
Why does it matter whether there were a lot of deaths or not?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 1:30 am
soap suds wrote:
Why does it matter whether there were a lot of deaths or not?

I’m finding if there are more cases (and deaths) there is less fear
Most of my family lives in a town that barely has any cases. They don’t know anyone that had it. And they are sooo careful.
Were I live so many ppl had it. You know so many ppl personally. Ppl are being less careful. Even those that tested negative for antibodies.

It’s almost like seeing the virus in action takes away some of the fear

koalamum

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:50 am
Two weeks before Pesach I had a sore throat and low grade temperature (100).
I was hoping it was just strep so I got a culture but it was negative. In those days Corona tests were very limited so I wasn’t tested for that. However soon after, I completely lost my sense of smell. That lasted several weeks. My doctor told me “assume Corona”.
Last week I took an antibodies test and was told I was NEGATIVE.
So I didn’t have any married children for YT and no cleaning help since March 26.
But what does that MEAN???

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:53 am
koalamum wrote:
Two weeks before Pesach I had a sore throat and low grade temperature (100).
I was hoping it was just strep so I got a culture but it was negative. In those days Corona tests were very limited so I wasn’t tested for that. However soon after, I completely lost my sense of smell. That lasted several weeks. My doctor told me “assume Corona”.
Last week I took an antibodies test and was told I was NEGATIVE.
So I didn’t have any married children for YT and no cleaning help since March 26.
But what does that MEAN???

Are you blood type O? This happened to two of my relatives with O+ blood.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:55 am
My kids tested positive for antibodies to COVID-19, so I assumed that I had it too and got careless with Social Distancing. Then this week I finally got tested for COVID-19, and I tested NEGATIVE for antibodies. So now I will be more careful about wearing a mask and Social Distancing.

koalamum

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 12:18 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Are you blood type O? This happened to two of my relatives with O+ blood.

Yes!!! I am O+!
I just saw another thread saying that was a possibility as a reason to show no antibodies. However some people answered that some O’s were showing antibodies.
But it has me wondering...!

amother
Brown

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 12:52 pm
Was working with gloves and masks and sanitizing everything until 2 weeks ago. Now, Wearing mask in stores and have mask ready for heavy traffic areas. Grandkids coming to visit as of last week, but no hugging or kissing and constant hand washing. Dh attending minyanim in shul following guidelines. Will most likely go to kids for shabbos this coming week.
Both dh and I received negative on antibodies
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics