Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Q on how to maintain curls in sheital and no frizz!

saltandvinegar

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 1:32 am
Hi, wanted to ask some of you experienced ladies a few sheital qs...

Recently got a new sheital and it's naturally wavy. I got it washed and set and after 1 day the curls fell out and it got a bit frizzy! I'm so annoyed. Is that normal because its natural hair? Would you go back to the sheital macher and say something?

I know the look now is natural waves but I like tight curls and both my sheitals dont hold them. I heard some people have had success getting their sheitals permed....anyone with experience?

Has anyone keratined a sheital before to prevent frizz?

Thanks!

jewwoman

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 6:06 am
I keep my sheitel on its curls in a narrow shoe box. It keeps the curls from dropping and it can stay curled for ages. Whenever I forget and I put it on a sheitel head the curls drop within a few days and its back go wavy.

saltandvinegar

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:43 am
jewwoman wrote:
I keep my sheitel on its curls in a narrow shoe box. It keeps the curls from dropping and it can stay curled for ages. Whenever I forget and I put it on a sheitel head the curls drop within a few days and its back go wavy.

good idea thanks! Do you think I should tell the sheital macher that all the curls fell? (She promised me that it wouldn't get frizzy)

gold2

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 10:50 am
If she promised it wouldn't get frizzy I would go back.

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:24 am
You can use silicon sparingly to get rid of the frizz. You can get a good finish spray. A good one isn't cheap.

saltandvinegar

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 11:52 am
Squishy wrote:
You can use silicon sparingly to get rid of the frizz. You can get a good finish spray. A good one isn't cheap.

Any recommendations? Would I just spray the sheital with the finish spray after I take it home from the sheital macher?

S/o told me that hairspray can damage the wig but I hope thats not true

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jun 10 2020, 1:53 pm
lemondrop wrote:
Hi, wanted to ask some of you experienced ladies a few sheital qs...

Recently got a new sheital and it's naturally wavy. I got it washed and set and after 1 day the curls fell out and it got a bit frizzy! I'm so annoyed. Is that normal because its natural hair? Would you go back to the sheital macher and say something?

Thanks!

What kind of a wig is it that is naturally wavy? Do you curl it because you want tighter curls? I want a naturally wavy wig that holds those waves without heat, products or styling. I have one wig like that and I LOVE it. It was expensive and I can't afford another one like that. If you have a wig that is naturally wavy and holds its shape, please let me know what it is. Thank you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels