Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
What are the chances?
Previous  1  2

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 2:46 pm
I would love to hear situations of identical twins in families. Supposedly does not run in families, but according to my admittedly non-scientific observations, it seems to be way too common to be random. I've seen families with more than one set, at least one being identical. Or siblings each having identical twins. Or an identical twin giving birth to twins. Etc. How is it possible that identical twins don't (at least in some situations) run in families?

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Sun, May 31 2020, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 2:53 pm
I have a set of fraternal twins. No fertility treatments whatsoever. No family history unless you go way back.

Spontaneous twins happen.

I've had 2 single babies since kah.

blessedflower

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:02 pm
My neighbors years back had triplets, twins and another set of something, I don't remember if twins or another set of triplets. They weren't identical as it was boys and girls mixed. I remember her saying it runs in the family

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, May 31 2020, 3:13 pm
I know a family with many multiples, twins, triplets, and even a few quads, and the daughters also have many multiples. Seems like multiples run in the family, right? Well, what actually runs in the family is difficulty ovulating and thus they all take clomid or such.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more